a symbol that leads to you

The Insignia

“You know what, I had a weird dream last night,” I blurted out, my hands playing with the rim of my mug.

We were sitting at the dining table, having our first meal of the day when I suddenly remembered about my journey in dreamland.

“Tell me then.”

I look up to see his soft doe eyes staring back into mine curiously. “What is it about?”

I set my hand on my lap, trying to find the right words to start. “Well,” I cleared my throat before starting my story. “I was in a meadow. It was really beautiful; the sun was shining brightly, there was a soft breeze in the air and the scenery was absolutely breath taking.”

I paused as a vivid memory of the meadow played again in my mind. It just seemed too good to be true.

“There were flowers, lots of it, in various colours and shapes. I could even smell the sweet scent of it in the passing breeze.” I sigh dreamily before turning to Luhan. “Does a place like that really exists?”

The male smiles softly, “Maybe?”

“Anyway, I was walking through the meadow until I saw a man right in the middle of my path. He was just…standing there, staring at god-knows-what with his back facing me. I took a step closer towards him then and he suddenly turned around-” I pause, overwhelmed by a sudden strong sense of dejavu.

 

The fresh breeze gently hit my face; his hair blown by it at that very moment. All I saw was that familiar pair of round eyes; it's exactly the same. 

 

“It was you.” 

Luhan raises his eyebrow before popping a piece of hash brown into his mouth and soon after motions me to continue.

“You were wearing that white shirt you love so much and your hair was light brown.” I took notice that it was in contrast to his current golden locks and he looked unbearably handsome in it (not that he doesn’t look good in others).

“And you had this yellow flower by your ear." His face started to scrunch up and Luhan instantly frowned when I continued. "I must say, you looked really cute.” The man reached out for my waist the next second, leaving me yelping for dear life and giggling at somebody who couldn't give up on his so-called manly image. After a bit, he gave up and tugged me onto his lap. "So, what happened after that?"

I blink, recalling my dream earlier. “I called out your name and you didn’t even notice. I waved like a madman, but you somehow didn't see it. You just turned around and walked away. It was as if I was not even there in the first place.”

“I tried to catch up but I couldn’t.  I ran but I still couldn’t reach you. Weird, don't you think?" Luhan slowly nods, humming in agreement. "After some time, you finally decided to stop and turned to look my way. You smiled and suddenly poof! You vanished into thin air just like that.”

Luhan blinks a few times, “That’s all?” I gave him the what-do-you-think look and he leaned back on the chair, deep in thoughts. “Definitely weird.”

Breakfast long forgotten, he suddenly lifts me up towards the living room and puts me on the couch. “I forgot I bought something for you this morning. Stay here, I’ll go get it.”

“You went out this morning? When?” He shot me a wink and disappeared into the laundry room, only to reappear with something behind his back.

“Close your eyes,” he urges. When I didn’t comply, he pouted. “Come on, close your eyes.”

“Fine, but no funny business,” I warn, eventually closing my eyes. I could never trust him when it comes to surprises. I heard a rustle and Luhan finally announced that it was okay for me to open my eyes. I gasp in shock at the sight of similar yellow flowers with the one I saw in my dream in his hand.

He seemed proud of himself as he handed me the bouquet, "For my one and only girl." 

“It’s the same flower,” I mutter, hands tightly grasping it. “It’s the same flower you had by your ear in my dream.”

“Really? These daisies? I saw them on my way back from my morning run and decided to get them for you," Luhan informs as he settles down next to me. It is not unusual for him to do this; my fiancé likes to pamper me with presents and flowers from time to time. “Where did you get these?” I brought it closer to my face and caught a whiff of its scent. 

He chuckles, his arms finding its way around my waist. “The florist, of course. Do you like it?" I hum softly, "Believe it or not, I still get butterflies whenever I get this kind of things from you." 

I cast a glance at him, "But, don't you think it's weird? I don't think it's just some kind of coincidence. it's not like you were really in my dream." 

Luhan smiled in reply but it looked different in some way. "Who knows? Maybe there's more to it than you know."

 


 

thanks for reading till the end!

do leave a comment! ;)