Wanting to Know You

Your Tate Langdon

Wanting to Know You


Hyukjae could feel the burning gaze of someone's on the back of his head. Right at the moment he had turned around to see who the culprit was, The boy acted as if he didn't stare at him at all and turned back to his history notes, minding his own business, which he had been staring at the same page for God knows how long. Hyukjae knew.

 

Hyukjae smiled to himself thinking about how long this has been going on for.

 

He will always find the brunette at either a table away from him or at a place where he can see hyukjae clearly and will wait patiently till the latter comes and the wide smile that spreads across his face when he see's hyukjae didn't go unnoticed by the latter himself. He had to admit, This boy was indeed one of a kind. His brown ruffled hair that looked perfect on him, His eyes that were big, dark hazel in colour and finally his lips, A little too much of a pink hue for a man but still perfect and hyukjae often dreamed about locking his own plump ones with his thin ones. It was weird for Hyukjae to even think this way but he was secretly falling in love with a boy that he had little to no detail about at all. 

 

Shaking his head, He turned his attention back to the boy and laughed silently as he saw the boy frowning in confusion and found it utterly cute. However only then did he realize that, He never got the chance to even get to know the boy and even the most basic thing, his name. He was also always alone and he didn't even know who was his best friend or if he even had one. Slowly standing up and hanging his navy blue school coat on his shoulders, Hyukjae strode to the boy and sat down quietly in front of him. Hyukjae clearly saw the boy tensed in his seat and decided to lean forward on his chair, trying to get a glimpse of both the book and the adorable boy in his sight.

 

Both were his favorite coincidentally. 

 

" History?" Hyukjae asked and the boy didn't reply but he silently nibbled on his bottom lip. Hyukjae noticed it and studied him carefully. He decided to lean forward a little bit more, teasing the boy and saw the redness creeping up his cheeks obviously. He was so darn adorable that hyukjae just wanted to engulf him in a huge hug, not forgetting to claim his lips.

 

" Is this about the cold war? Between The Soviet Union and USA? I can teach and explain it to you, If you want. I have this whole chapter in my head and I can even draw it out for you with my eyes closed." That statement made the boy look up with curiosity but Hyukjae lied of course. He himself wasn't sure why the hell Stalin was being a douche and how the hell did USA had so much of money at that time to make the Marshall plan a successful one despite his love for that subject, But he decided to give it a go. 

 

" Okay well," Hyukjae started and pointed to the slides," As you can see, Cold war basically means that there was no physical violence involved in it and it all started with the difference in ideology between the two countries, USA and Soviet Union. USA was a democratic country, The locals over there had the right to choose and they earn for their living while on the other hand, Russia, Also known as Soviet Union was an authoritarian and was a communist country. Meaning they take orders from the government and by that, I mean Stalin. " Hyukjae took a breather and smiled proudly when the younger looked at him with amusement. That smile unknowing made Hyukjae excited and so was his heart. 

 

" Basically the two countries were like rebelling magnets. Its like forcing both north and north to attract to each other but what happens? They rebel of course. And this led to many issues and other greater mishaps. Do you get it?" Hyukjae questioned the boy.

 

" Well i do get the part you are talking about but the one that i am wondering about is Germanys' defeat. That actually played a huge part in this whole chapter and i was just wondering why was USA so rich and Hitler isn't as smart as i thought he was." The fact that they both thought alike made hyukjae's stomach flutter with butterflies. This was the first time he had ever heard the boy speak and he even though that the boy was actually a shy one. Guess he was wrong.

 

" What's your name?"

 

" Tate."

 

" Tate? As in Tate Langdon? The homicidal guy from American Horror Story? Do you have the desire to kill the entire school population? I bet you don't even know the show, i am yapping away without actually aski-" And then there it was. Those soft yet deep little chuckles that erupted from the boy's mouth. Hyukjae was stunned, as he saw him. It was music to hyukjae's ears, almost as though the time had stopped and right now, at the moment, Only he mattered. Only his sweet voice and the boy mattered. 

 

"Of course i watch American Horror Story. You are a funny guy hyukjae." A toothless grin crept its way up on the boy's face.

 

" Oh come on! It isn't fair that you know my name but i don't know yours!" Hyukjae whined as he pouted slightly. This boy was like a never ending puzzle that he wouldn't mind using up all of his efforts to solve if that led to the success of knowing this boy. Another string of chuckles erupted. Hyukjae swore he swooned, he felt his legs jello up a little, heart increasing his pace at this adorable boy's action.

 

" Well, We both are Lees. But for now, my name will be tate."

 

" Oh come on. I didn't know you were a fan of American Horror Story too."

 

" Well, i love that show." Another thing that they both like. With that, the brunette started to pack his bag and as he stood up, he smiled at hyukjae. A very toothy smile.

 

"See you tomorrow then?" the boy nodded, hopingly.

 

" See you tomorrow, Tate." Hyukjae mocked and broke into a small laughter right after that. He was falling way deeper than he had planned to.

 

Hyukjae saw the boy's figure slowly disappearing into the group of students who had just finished their extra classes. Hyukjae enjoyed his company and he didn't even know that the time has passed so fast. He couldn't ignore the slight tug he felt in his heart as the boy left but he also couldn't help but smile in happiness to know that the boy actually had similar taste as him. He actually liked the American Horror Story show as it was unique compared to other shows and of course, him being a fan of horror.

 

Sighing, he finally noticed a piece of paper lying on the table. With a slight glint of excitement in his eyes, he picked up the small post it note and read the words in his head.

 

100-234-678. That's my number. I'm anticipating a long night conversation with you, Lee Hyukjae.

 

Your Tate Langdon.

 

PS: Nice watch you got there, seems like we have another thing in common ;)

 

Hyukjae has never smiled so widely in his whole life.


A/N: I will apologize for the VERY late chapter, life caught up. Also, Whatever i have mentioned about history in this chapter, please take it with a grain of salt. Also, i will not be continuing this because i am a angst writer, if i did i am pretty sure it will ruin the sweetness of this. Thank you to everyone who subbed and commented! It means a lot! :)

-Jen