one.

tonight, you belong to me

“you look fantastic.” 

minseok laughs, a hand draped in lace lifted to his mouth. “you flatter me.”

“i’d do no such thing,” luhan grins, hands settled on his waist in a low bow.

minseok lowers his head ever so slightly, no amount of lace able to hide his smile. luhan gingerly picks up the crown laid on crushed velvet and lowers it onto the prince’s head, careful not to ruffle his perfectly coiffed hair. 

“how is your betrothed?” 

“excited.”

“and you, my prince?”

“hm…we’ll see.” 

~~~~~

jongin dances with minseok. luhan watches from the sidelines, besotted. 

minseok’s gaze wanders to him for half a moment before jongin slides his arm tighter around minseok’s waist and twirls him away. he dips him down low, and hands draped in lace flutter to keep a hold on jongin’s neck. 

they dance some more and jongin sweet talks minseok, drawing smiles out of him as easy as you please. but no matter how saccharine the prince’s words are, luhan is the only one who can draw laughter from minseok.

at least, this is what he tells himself.

~~~~~

minseok runs behind luhan, breathless and rosy cheeked. the balcony air is crisp, the smell of the sea below a sharp contrast to the fruity tones of the party inside. the doors are pulled shut, leaving only the silvery moonlight to illuminate their flushed faces. 

“jongin,” minseok pants, “jongin is waiting.”

“i know,” luhan cuts in, voice trembling, “i know you belong to somebody new…”

he takes the prince’s hands, soft and decorated, fitting perfectly with his, and kisses them. 

“but tonight…would it be okay if, maybe…you belonged to me?” 

minseok laughs, hands still in luhan’s. 

“oh, i never thought you’d work up the nerve to ask! yes, but just for tonight, for if jongin—” 

luhan’s lips cover minseok’s like lace, just as he had always wished they would, and it quells the burning in his chest (but not the tears in his eyes).


i wrote this sometime last year and forgot about it until now. i don't currently have any plans of writing more, but that could change...

hope you enjoyed reading this drabble^^ (i think this was actually my first xiukai!)