In Love

The Emotionless Princess [Twoshot]

"Wake up, Hyo! It's time for breakfast!" I could hear her shouting from the door. It was always the same. Every single day I eat breakfast, stuff, lunch, stuff, dinner, sleep. It never changes. I got up from my gigantic bed and headed towards the mirror. I brushed my long, brown hair and tied it in a ponytail. I opened the door and headed downstairs to where my appa and umma are.

"Hyo! Why aren't you dressed yet? You should've put on a more appropriate gown! Not your night dress!" Sooyoung; my closest friend and maid, whispered to me.

"I want to be different today." I replied in the same monotone voice. She doesn't really mind.

"Good Morning Appa, Umma." I bowed to them, and they did the same every morning. Smile. I don't understand how they smile; there is nothing to be happy about, especially when they don't see me smile. I looked over the elongated table. Breakfast every Wednesday is English breakfast. So today I'm having bacon and eggs, pancake and orange juice. It’s the same every Wednesday.

 

The eerie atmosphere didn't change too, only the sounds of spoons & forks being tapped on the china glassware. And the continuous crunching noise from our mouths.

 

I am a princess. Everything was done for me. I have 8 maids and they were my only friends. They teach me the princess ways and tell me how to do things properly. Every day I am told to read old books in our library and learn how to dance gracefully with my tutor.  I get everything I wanted, every since I was child.

But I was never happy.

Never.

 

"Hyung, turn it down!" Taemin covered his ears from the loud noise the TV was making. I tried turning it down but it wasn't working, the remote had no battery.

"It's not working!" I told them, panicking.

"JUST TURN IT OFF!" Key shouted, complaining. I ran over to the back and pulled the plug out.

"Finally! Some peace!" I could see Jonghyun uncovering his ears and sighing in relief.

"Why did you even have to buy that cheap as TV?" Minho asked, confused.

"It's for entertaining purposes, it was cheap too. I guess I got ripped-off. The salesman that sold me this loser of an excuse for a TV did so in an unreasonably high price and believe me when I tell you this, the item itself was not worth it. The quality's crap," I said as I leaned over at the back of the TV to check if I hadn't fully broken the plug. "Sorry guys. I guess we have to watch the show somewhere else."

"But those guys always kick us out!" Taemin pouted. Our only kind neighbor gave us one chance but it was ruined because KEY had to complain and tried to change the channel. In the end he broke that dumb remote. I glared at him.

"What? That stupid show was so uninteresting!" Key reasoned. We all sighed in frustration.

"You know…There’s another way we can get our money back..." Jonghyun assumed. Not that again. To be honest with you, I love these guys but it’s just that one thing that I hate.

“Jonghyun, we can’t do that again. It’s too early. Let’s just wait.” I frowned and sighed. In our daily lives we steal-

“It’s never too early when it comes to stealing money, Onew hyung. That’s what we do to keep a stable life.” Jonghyun objected. Money, the only thing every single person wants in this world. I am the only one who hesitates and tries to hold them back-

 

“Fine, Jonghyun.” I mumbled.

“So, where’s the next target?” Taemin beamed.

“No, you can’t come with us Taemin.” Jonghyun warned. He could never come with us.

“Only for today, please?” Taemin used his puppy-dog-eyes. Jonghyun sighed. We all exchanged looks and I guess Taemin will be coming with us. 

“Okay.” Jonghyun replied. “So… Since we haven’t hit anything big yet, how about we try the palace?” he continued. What?

“Jonghyun, I think you’re going too far… What can we steal there? Their money is in a freaking volt for all we know.”  I protested, again.

“Hyung, we know that. So what we’re going to do is kidnap the princess.” What?I furrowed my eyebrows.

“That’s not-" good…

“And how are you going to do that Mr. Know-it-all?” Key interrupted me.

“We’ll sneak, tonight. She’ll be sleeping, and then if she doesn’t tell us-“Jonghyun stopped for a breath.

“You’re going to kill her?” Minho finished his sentence. Killing the princess isn’t really a good decision.

-But in the end, I always get involved.

 

Always.

 

--

 

"You are going to what?!” I covered Yuri and Sooyoung’s mouth. The rest of the members sat on the couch looking worried.

“I’m going to run away.” I stated. I don’t want to be stuck in this maze forever.

“No! Why? Don’t do that! I’ll miss you!” Sooyoung whined. Yuri patted her back.

“I have to; besides I don’t want to do the same thing for the rest of my life over and over again. I’ll be back…” I hugged her.

“Then what are you going to do once you’re out of this palace?” Yuri asked, looking worried.

“I know a place. It’s where my appa took me when I was a kid. My uncle owns it.” I assured her.

“Be sure to be safe okay? We’ll help you pack your things.” Seohyun smiled.

“Do you have anything casual? What commoners would wear?” I asked.

“Just wear our maid outfits.” Taeyeon joked. I nodded.

 “No Hyo… I was just joking.” She laughed. I shrugged.

“Ok if you want. Tiffany, can you please get one of Sooyoung’s uniforms?” Taeyeon ordered. Tiffany flashed her eye-smile and ran to the closet.

“Why mine?” Sooyoung snapped out of her drama and asked.

“We don’t want her to wear something short. It’ll be over her knee because you’re tall.” Taeyeon replied and laid out the uniform. She turned to me.

“Go change in the bathroom, sweetie.” I did what she said and the dress was over my knee. It was long sleeved and it covered my neck. I wore my stockings then they gave me black doll shoes. I tied my hair in a ponytail.

“Here’s your bag. It’s full of Jessica’s clothes.” Seohyun handed me the bag.

“Thank you.” I hugged them all.

“We’re going to miss you everyday.” Sunny whispered.  I walked over to my huge window and went over it. I waved at them and went out the small door they made just for me.

 

It’s so dark and it was really tiring, we had to walk a block. And I’m also seeing girls dragging suitcases in the street. I'm so weird! I continued to walk and didn’t notice everybody stopped and caused me to bump into Taemin

“Ow! Would you guys hurry up?” I rubbed my forehead.

“We’re already here hyung!” Taemin smiled as I stared at the palace.

“How are we going to go inside Mr. Know-it-all?” Key asked in an annoying voice.

“Stop calling me ‘Mr. Know-it-all’ and we’re going to go inside that door.” He grinned.

“Doors like that can’t be always open Jonghyun.” I told him as he ran to the door. He signed us to go there and as he pushed the gate. It was… open. I sighed.

“What were you telling me Mr. Know-it-all?” Jonghyun turned to me. I looked the other way.

“Don’t copy me.” Key gave him a sarcastic smile as one by one of us went inside. We walked in and hid in the bushes.

“Which one do you think is the princess’s room?” Minho asked Jonghyun.

Mr. Know-it-all?” Key added with a grin in his face. Heh.

“STOP CALLING ME THAT. Anyway I think it’s that one.” He pointed to the window with the light on. Princesses are up this late? I saw Jonghyun take a peek at the window. He looked confused?

“There are 8 girls inside… and I can’t recognize the princess.” Jonghyun whispered. I ran to his place and took a peak.

 

“That’s because the princess is not there!” I whispered back. It was so obvious because they were all wearing maid outfits. Stupid Jonghyun.

“Hey!”The girl looked through the window. “Who are you?” She was pointing us with a broom and the rest of the people were trying to see from the window.

“Well you’re really tall for a girl.” Jonghyun said.

“What do you want?” The girl replied.

“Is the princess there?” We all said nothing.

“If she was here we would see you people kidnapping her. Is she still here?” She replied with a stubborn voice. “Now go, unless you want to be arrested.” Jonghyun blinked. With that he turned around and started walking away. The girl just stayed there.

“Tch.” I could hear Jonghyun say under his breath. “Do you really think the she’s not there?” He ruffled his hair.

“Well, you gotta believe what they say.” I said. I somehow felt relieved that this plan didn’t work out. It wouldn’t be good to kidnap a princess and kill her we’d be in jail for the rest of our lives. Taemin pouted. It’s a good thing he didn’t get involved too.

“Don’t worry.” I ruffled his hair. We walked back through the flickering streetlights and under the dark clouds. As we entered our house, I flicked the lights on and found a girl lying on my bed, sleeping. Come to think of it, wasn’t she the girl who I saw walking down the street?

“Jonghyun, I told you to do your own job somewhere else.” Key looked irritated.

“What?! I don’t even know her and I don’t even do that! Although… She looks really ho- Ow!” Key eye-twitched and whacked him at the back of his head and lay on the couch.

“You are such an idiot.” Key murmured as he opened a magazine and flipped the pages. Minho and Taemin were laughing. I walked over to the girl. She looks…pretty. I the back of my hand on her cheek. She suddenly opened her eyes and grabbed my hand.

“Who are you?” I stared at her with wide eyes and retrieved my hand. What is she even doing here?

 

They were just, there, speechless. “What are you doing here?” One of them managed to say.

“I might ask you the same thing.” I replied.

“Excuse me?” The guy from the couch sat up. He shot me a glare. I just stared at him.

“Is it bad to live in my own house?” The other guy questioned. I stood up and walked around the room. It’s not as I remembered it would be. I placed a finger on the wall and slid it down. It’s filthier? I turned to the 5 of them once more.

“For your information, my uncle owns this place.”

“For your information, I bought it.” The guy sat beside the other guy on the couch and faced me.

“I’m going to cook.” The guy from the couch before stood up and headed to the kitchen.

“I’ll help you hyung!” The small guy followed. Where did uncle go?

“And why do you talk like that?” The guy that looked like a dinosaur asked.

“What do you mean? I always talk like this.” I replied, tilting my head to the right.

“It’s just that you sound so… monotonous?” The tall guy joined, eyebrows raised. I ignored his statement and observed the room. Why has it all changed? Where did he go? Where am I going to stay now? I can’t stay here with these commoners. They’ll know I’m the princess. I glanced at them.

“By the way, my name is Jinki. But you can call me Onew.” He held out his hand. I shook it.

“I’m Hyoy- Hyomin.” I lied.

“This is Jonghyun and Minho.” He gestured to the short guy and the tall guy.

“And that’s Key and-“Someone cut him off.

“I’m Taemin! Nice to meet you!” He cheerfully smiled and shook my hands.

“Nice to meet you too?” He was shaking it unusually fast.

“Taemin you should let go now.” I heard Onew say and Taemin nodded and let go.

“Do you know where my uncle is?” I asked them, curious.

“Actually, before he left… He told me something. He said he’s going to go to another country or something. Although I wasn’t really listening.” Onew explained. He told me once his dream was to go to America. I grabbed my bag and headed outside.

"Where are you going?" They asked me, confused. I turned to the five of them.

"It's nice meeting you, but I have to go to my uncle."

"Do you know where he is?" I took a breath and sighed.

"America." Then they suddenly burst out laughing.

"You're- going- to- America?!" Key managed to say in between laughs. I nodded.

"Are you crazy?! That takes plane!" Key calmed down as he wiped his laughing tears away. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“I’m sorry; I’m just not used to these things.” I apologized. As I took a step outside, there was something wet dripping on my face I looked up. The water is so sparkly and shiny. I was going to take another step when someone suddenly pulled me in. We were really close now, and I just felt something I’ve never felt before. There was something inside me that was tying everything in a knot. What was happening to me?

 

She just stared at me with those big brown eyes. I was lost.

 “We should give you some private space.” Minho blurted and laughed. I let go.

“Do you want to get sick?”I mumbled as I walked back to my seat. Hyomin shook her head.

“Why don’t you stay here for a while, Hyomin Noona?” Taemin exclaimed already using her name. “There are lots of people out there you don’t ever want to meet!” He continued. For me I think we’re one of those people.  Taemin smiled. “Would you mind if I bother you then?” Hyomin replied.

“I wouldn’t mind at all!” He said as he stretched his arms out for a hug. I looked at Taemin and lowered his hand. For a few minutes we stayed silent until Key… shouted.

“Dinner is ready guys!” He barged in from the dangling strings of beads at the opening of the kitchen. I sniffed the air and it smelt delicious.

“Do you… want to sit beside me?” I asked her as I held out a hand. Please say yes.

“Sure.” We were all gathered at the table. She looked at her bowl and pushed it in the middle of the table.

“Ever eaten kimchi soup before?” Jonghyun asked, as she still looked at the bowl.

“Yes. But I have English dinner every Wednesday.” She continued to look at the plate. English dinner? Is she rich?

“Well this is what we have every Wednesday, so deal with it.” He demanded as he ate from his bowl.

“Don’t worry he’s always like that. But just eat up will you? We don’t want you to get hungry.” I whispered to her and smiled.

“Hey guys do you really think the princ- OW!” Jonghyun winced as he rubbed his leg. “What did you do that for?” He complained.

“Not now.” Key said teeth gritted. I looked at her, we don't want her to find out our secret.

“Hyung, where will Noona sleep?” Taemin asked, smiling widely.

“Definitely not in your room Taem. But I will, so she can sleep in mine.” He made a face but nodded afterwards.

 

After we finished eating, Key washed the dishes with Taemin, while I guided Hyomin to my room, which was always spotless and clean. Although the only thing inside was the bed, a table with a lamp, and a cabinet. Also it was a cold, solid floor. That’s why I always wear socks. Although I end up slipping most of the time. Even without socks.

“This is where you’ll be sleeping.” I smiled at her. “And you can put your things over there.” I pointed under the table. She nodded. Before I went out, she grabbed my arm.

“Thank you.” She said. I was expecting a smile, but okay.

“Your welcome.” I smiled again as I headed towards Taemin’s room. Then I suddenly remembered and turned back. “And! If you’re having trouble with anything you could always knock on our door.” I assured her. She nodded and I was walking, I had to go back again. “And if you’re hungry you could always find snacks on the first drawer in the kitchen.” I assured her again and now I will finally go to Taemin’s room. I forgot my clothes. I walked back again for the last time I hope. “And, can I please get my clothes first? Sorry.” She nodded and sat on the bed. I went to my cabinet and grabbed my blue pajamas, then headed to Taemin’s room. Tough work.

 

“You know… There’s something weird about her...” I said while I put on my t-shirt.

“Hyomin noona? How?” Taemin asked as he doodled on his notebook.

“She’s not like most girls… Like the ones who are happy all the time.”

“She is quite different. So hyung, where do you want to sleep? The ground or the carpet?” He smiled at me as I walked over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I gave him a look. “What? I want to sleep on the bed!” He reasoned.

“I am not going to sleep on the floor, so move your big but and share the pillows will you?” I manage to say spitting out toothpaste everywhere.

“Ew! Hyung!” He made a ‘bleh’ sound, and then HE heard it. This can’t be good.

“What’s wrong Taem- What the…What did you do!? Do you know how long I spent to clean those floors!?! And I just cleaned the dishes! Lucky for you it didn’t get on the only carpet we have! I spent ages washing that carpet and all you do is spit on it?!-“AND SO ON. I couldn’t hear a single thing or more like, I ignored everything. I grabbed Key’s toothbrush, put toothpaste on it, and shoved it in his mouth. Taemin and Minho were laughing again. Seriously when in the day do they not laugh? Key kept on muffling as he brushed his teeth too. So noisy, but then Jonghyun came to shut him up. Thank you.

 

We all finished and I decided to give her one last visit.

“H-hyomin?” I said. “Are you in there?” I continued. I slowly opened the door letting the door creak loudly. Totally a bad idea. There I saw her already sleeping. “Sorry.” I whispered as I closed the door.

“Hurry up hyung, it’s already past my curfew!” Taemin shouted from the door. I ran inside.

“Sorry. Now move over you big baby.” I teased.

“Hey! I am not a baby!” He pouted. I ruffled his hair and laughed. I started tickling him.

“Hyung, you know. If you continue, Key and Jonghyun hyung will.” Minho sighed. “Nevermind!”

“Hyung- hahahah- stop- hahaha!”

“SHUT UP!” I heard Key and Jonghyun shout from their room. I stopped.

“Told you so.” Minho added, smirking.

“Okay, okay. Hurry up and move over.” It was so dark and I couldn’t sleep. Taemin hogged the whole blanket and now I’m freezing cold. I tried to win it back but it didn’t work. He pulled to the very end.

This will be a long, long night.

 

It was finally morning, and the sun rays went through Onew’s windows, making me cover my eyes. Yesterday seemed so unreal. There I sat on my bed thinking of what to do today. I went outside and saw no one. I guess they’re not up yet. I followed the rays of sun outside and the first thing I saw outside was something I didn’t want. I ran inside and locked my self inside my room causing a loud sound. There outside I saw a sign with a big portrait of me. I’m missing. I guess Sooyoung and the others had to tell the truth. I heard footsteps come this way. I opened the door and it looked like he was just going to knock.

“Oh. Good Morning…” Key rubbed his eyes.

“Good Morning…” I replied.

“Why so loud?” He entered my room and sat on the bed. Then an idea popped in my head.

“Would you mind if you went with me to the hairdresser?” I asked. He looked confused.

“Why? Your hair’s…” He grabbed a bunch of my hair and bobbed his head down. “P-pretty…normal.” He stuttered.

“I just… wanted to have haircut.” I replied.

“Well… I’m good at it myself. So why don’t I cut it?” He smiled at me. Odd… I usually get the swirls’.

 

--

 

 “Done!” Key clasped his hands together and smiled. “You should appreciate it you know! When I do these guys haircuts, they don’t even say thank you!” He took the coat and handed me a mirror. My hair was layered and it was blonde. I looked so different.

“Thank you.” I said. He smiled at me again. What was he expecting me to do?

“What are you doing?” He laughed.

“I’m smiling?” I said trying to smile.

“You look like Cat in the Hat.” He laughed again. I turned back into my normal facial expression and hit him. I’ve never tried to smile before. So why was it so easy to try when they're here?

“I should cook now. They’re going to wake up sooner or later.” He smiled at me again.

“I’ll help.” He nodded and I did help him.

Although it was a bit of a chaos, I, Kim Hyoyeon- Hyomin never in my life have cooked.

 

“To be honest, I don’t think you’ll make a good housewife.” He laughed. I felt something in my cheeks. I think I have a disease. I covered my face and looked at my mirror, it was bright, red.

 

“Break fast is ready guys!” I woke up from the smell coming from the kitchen and from Key’s shouting. I stood up and ran to the kitchen but I bumped into Hyomin. Or was it?

“Hyomin, is that you?” I asked as I held out a hand to help. She nodded.

“I’m sorry.” She ran past me but I grabbed her hand.

“You look… pretty.” I blurted out. I felt my cheeks burn up. I wasn’t supposed to say that.

 

 “What happened?” I asked, worried. I coughed from the smoke. He opened the window and fanned it away. I coughed again and helped him.

“Hyomin doesn’t know how to cook.” He laughed. “But she was so cute.” I felt somethng build inside me.

Wait.

I don’t even like her and I’m already jealous? Of my own brother? That’s a definite no-no. I walked out and woke up the others. Taemin and Minho were so lazy. I had to shout at them and drag them. Jonghyun wasn’t that hard to wake and Hyomin, I only knocked at her door.

 

“Hyungs! Why don’t we go to the park today? Just to show noona around? Please?” Taemin used one of his puppy dog faces. I swear he has a million versions of those. Minho already gave in just by the looks of it. Jonghyun and Key don’t even care, and I on the other hand don’t mind at all. Jonghyun and Key looked at me and they exchanged looks.

“Fine.” They both said in unison. Last time we went there they got accused of making this kid cry when I did. But I didn’t even do anything I swear! I just ran away to my heart's content to get away from that kid. Scared the heck out of me.

 

We walked carelessly down the streets. I didn't mind walking to the park once again, because I had someone with me. Our formation never really changed. It was Jonghyun and Key, Taemin and Minho, then me all alone. But for now it's me and Hyomin. Without even noticing anything, I held her hand. It was petite and soft.

can hold this hand for the rest of my life.

 

Hyomin and I sat down in the benches waiting for the others. I had sent them to buy food and drinks and now I’m alone with her, watching the sun set as it colors the pale blue sky.

“Can I ask you something?” Hyomin turned her head to me. I nodded. “Why do people smile?” She asked. That’s an interesting but odd question.

“Because they’re happy!” I smiled.

“Well, why are they happy?” Hyomin looked at me, curious.

“It depends. If you asked why I’m happy I would answer: Because I’m always around the people I love.” I shrugged.

 

“Shall I tell you a secret?” Hyomin stared at the sky. “I’ve never actually smiled before, or laugh. I’ve never had any emotions. If I did show an emotion it probably isn’t true." I was utterly confused. “Ever since I was a little girl, I had everything I wanted.” She sighed. “Thus, I’m still not happy.” I stared at her intently. Thoughts flashing through my head.

 

Maybe because you really didn't want what you had.

Maybe because you didn't know.

Maybe because you didn’t have me.

 

Everyday this has become a daily routine; it’s already been a week. Hyomin and I would be always left alone on the bench and I seemed to know her more. But every time she sees a guard from the palace she would hide. You see, the princess has been missing for a week and the king and queen ordered every single one of the guards to search for her. I wonder if she’s got anything to do with the princess. Jonghyun still hasn’t given up, so every night we would search for her. Just because of a stupid reward. Also it was confirmed, I’m in love with her. But sometimes she would continously avoid me.

Why?

 

I had no clue.

 


And so AFF decided to become a bish and delete half of this chapter without me realizing it. AFF HAS TECHNICAL DIFICULTIES THESE DAYS! DX Good thing I still have it saved on the computer. I checked it and corrected a few things but seriously... GRR. STUPID AFF! >< Anyways, the first chap is up again @.@ And it looks more pretty nao because I changed a few stuff :3 And I PROOF-READ IT OMG. But ugh. I can't remember when I updated it damn it! D<

[the date when I updated it which is not here anymore]

Please comment, they're all loved! ♥

Please subscribe because I love you! XD