Chapter 1~

Between the sheets

italic- Yixing imagination

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo took off his cap. “I must say I’m not used to this. My pilots are usually quite gruff and very hairy.”

He laughed as he reached up to pull off his tie and slowly open the buttons of his starched white shirt. “At Exo airlines, we aim to please. Do you know that you can even specify which pilot you want?”

“I definitely want you”, Jongin groaned, pulling Kyungsoo down onto his lap.

“We don’t have long,” he warned. “I’m flying to Japan in an hour.”

“Then, Captain, prepare yourself for take-off,” Jongin said, his mouth coming down hard on his……

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Yixing hyung, couldn’t you at least pretend that you’re interested?” Jongdae hissed at his husband’s ear.

Zhang Yixing snapped back to the present and realized that the speaker had finally come to the end of her long, tiresome story. He quickly joined in the round of polite applause and flashed his husband an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, but she was particularly boring,” he whispered back.

 “The Society of Architects’ Dinner is only once a year and it will all be over in an hour. I don’t think that’s too taxing even for you, hyung.” When Jongdae replied he too was smiling, but there was a steely note in his voice.

“I said I was sorry.” Yixing suppressed a sigh and smiled at the elderly man opposite. Oh boy, Jongdae was grumpy tonight. In fact, he’d been a right grouch for weeks and had gone completely mad when he’d tried to wiggle out of the dinner.

~A week ago~

They had been sitting in the kitchen of their apartment in Jeju at the time and he had been nursing a bad hangover. He had only got out of bed at noon and then it was just crawl downstairs and curl up on the sofa. After some persuasion, Jongdae had made him a cup of camomile tea and he’d sipped it as Jongdae sat working on his laptop at the old oak table.

“How come you’re not sick?” he complained, taking in his bright eyes and healthy colour.

“You had just as much drink as I did.” Yixing stated. They had been out to dinner with a local builder who was also a good friend and it turned into a night long.

“A pint of water before bed and a three mile jog this morning,” Jongdae replied with a smug grin.

“Masochist” Yixing shuddered. Jongdae laughed.

“We should go for a long walk along the beach, that would make you feel better hyung.” Yixing shook his head and checked his watch.

“I need to go and pack. I want to get the four o’clock ferry back Seoul” Jongdae fingers had paused over the keyboard and he’d stare at his hyung.

“Oh, come on, Yixing hyung, stay a few more days. The weather forecast is excellent and we could do with a bit of downtime, just the two of us hyung.”

“Sorry Jongdae, but I have too much to do.”

“You can write here hyung.” Jongdae protested.

“You know I can’t Jongdae.” Jongdae looked past his hyung at the sun glinting over the buildings.

“I can see that it might be hard to find inspiration around here hyung.”

“Haha. Jongdae you know that I don’t have any of my stuff around here that’s why I can’t stay here and write.” Yixing says softly.

“I know that.” Jongdae agreed.

“I’m sorry for being difficult Jongdae.” Yixing smiles apologetically.

“Let’s not fight shall we. I’m really not up to it.” Yixing says as he continues to sip on his tea.

“I’m not going to,” his husband promised, sounding resigned.

“Anyway, I won’t be back to Seoul for a few days. I have some business to attend to down here.” Jongdae replied with a hint of coldness in his voice.

“So much for downtime!” Yixing retorted, and as he stretched and risen to his feet he’d miss the look of annoyance flashed across his husband face.

“Shall I book a taxi to the terminal or will you drive me?” Yixing asked.

 “Of course, I’ll drive hyung.”

“Thank you jagi.” He put a hand on his husband shoulder as he passed. The younger reached up and to cover it with his own.

“I wish you’d stay” The younger whispered.

Yixing bent to drop a kiss on the younger’s head and he his hyung closer to him.

“Next time” Yixing promised.

“Don’t stay down here too long okay? The bed back at home feels very empty without you.” Yixing whispered into the younger’s ears which cause the younger to shiver by the warm breath at his ear.

“I’ll be back at the weekend and don’t forget we’re going out on Sunday night.” The younger stated.

“We are?” Yixing frowned, not remembering that they had any plans on Sunday.

“It’s the Architects’ dinner, hyung,” Jongdae shake his head impatiently.

“I told you and Chanyeol about it weeks ago its even in your dairy.” The younger stated without looking up from his keyboard.

“Do I have to go?” the older groaned.

“Zitao and Yifan will be there; you don’t need me as well.” The older whined, hating the idea that he had to go to some boring dinner where everybody there is so boring.

“Yifan is having a lot of back pain at the moment so they’re not attending the dinner this time.” Jongdae eyes harden.

“Don’t let me down hyung. Its only once a year.” The younger told his hyung sternly.

“All right, all right. I’ll go.” Yixing sighed in defeat. The atmosphere had been tense as they drove to the terminal and Jongdae hardly responded when the older kissed and hugged him goodbye. Things hadn’t been much better since the younger got back. Yixing hadn’t a clue what was wrong. The younger was usually such a good humoured man.

And now here the older was at the dreaded dinner, and it was every bit boring as he anticipated. How, he wondered, did a man as charismatic and dynamic as his husband have anything in common with these people? He looked around and tried to imagine any of the grey, two dimensional characters in this town being as creative and innovative as Jongdae, and couldn’t. it was no wonder that he and Yifan won award after award. They were without doubt in league of their own.

Yixing turned his head slightly so he could study his husband, and smiled at the attentive way he was listening to the president’s speech. The older just couldn’t take his eyes off how y his husband looks with the dark blue velvet dinner jacket that makes his eyes stands out, and wearing it with the open necked white shirt and jeans make him looked both cool and sophisticated. It was this effortless and unconscious style, confidence and lazy grin that had attracted him from the moment they met.

He still remembers that unforgettable day on how the younger took his breath away, leaving him breathless, making him feel things that he had never imagine he could feel when they met.