Jackson at the airport

Jackson and Marie

Jackson's POV

Finally!  IT has been years! Sporadic communication with my best friend just doesn't cut it.  We lived and walked different paths.  It took me long enough to realize that despite everything I have achieved, I was happiest with the simple things Marie and I used to do.

Have you ever had a friend who would rather get punished unjustly than leave you?  Have you ever had a friend support all your dreams even when everybody around you it is an impossible dream?  Well I do.  I have Marie.

We grew up together.  I was the hyperactive kid who loves to show off and get all the attention.  She was the goody-two-shoes girl next door, can do no wrong girl every mother wants their son to come home with.  To me she was just Marie.  When I had this brilliant idea of dropping water balloons on the nuns heads while we were in 3rd grade, she was against it but still carried the basket for me.  When I was punished for it, instead of leaving me she stayed and took on half the punishment.

I grabbed books for her when we were in the library doing her papers, and yes she was also helping me do mine whether I wanted to or not.  I protected her from bullies.  She protected me from my older brother.  

Mom, always told her that if she ever wanted a daughter, all she needed was to see Marie and feel like she had one.  We practically lived and grew up in each other's household.  Where you find one, the other one is not far behind.  We were night and day, Yin and Yang.  But even then I knew I loved her.  I just didn't know how much until I left her behind.

I gave up a Stanford scholarship, and my career path in fencing to pursue my dreams of becoming a singer/rapper/idol.  When everybody else questioned my sanity, Marie asked only one thing.  

"Will this make you happy?" she asked me sincerely.  When I said yes, she supported me every step of the way.  She was the last person I saw before I left Hong Kong to become a trainee in Korea.  She was the one I would call and talk to in the middle of the night when doubt and fatigue robs me of my convictions.  She screamed the loudest when GOT7 debuted.  

Over months, and years life caught up with us.  Distance and time slowly forced us apart.  Marie left for America to continue with her studies.  GOT7 started rising in popularity.  I started getting known for myself too. I Jackson Wang a.k.a. Wang Jaier.  Within the last year I completely lost communication with Marie.  Every time I called Auntie (her mom) in Hong Kong, she would tell me that Marie is now immersed in her studies or she's praying.

I always knew Marie was a devout Catholic.  Friends always used to tease us that she's the angel and I am the devil. But this devil misses her.  I have friends a plenty.  I make friends easily.  But there is only one Marie.  Despite meeting so many beautiful and talented people, I kept comparing all the girls to Marie and the reason I never really found anyone was not my contract but because my heart was already taken a long time ago.

So can you imagine how excited I feel right now?  I am about to jump out of my skin with excitement.  Marie called a week ago out of the blue asking if she can see me.  I can only watch impatiently as I watch the airport's arrival area slowly fill up with the people disembarking from her flight.  This time, I will man up and confess what I feel for her.  Maybe, just maybe I can be that one who can make her happy.

I nodded politely at the fans screaming my name. Embarrassing as it maybe, I had Mark and Bambam help me last night make a sign to welcome Marie to Korea.  I got teased mercilessly the whole week.  Who cares?  Marie's coming!!!

When it looked like nobody else from that flight was coming, I took out my phone to call Marie's mother just to confirm that Marie did get on that flight.  She was.  Distractedly, I felt a fan tugging at my sleeve.

"Jackson" I heard Marie, I sighed in relief and turned around.

Marie was standing behind me smiling, in her nun's habit.