Goblin: Episode 16 End

Goblin Alternative Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: For those of you who don't want to know the real ending of Goblin, I think it still is okay for you to read it because this will be a completely different ending than the one in the drama. 

 

Eun-tak

The truck starts to increase speed, heading towards the bus that carries a lot of children. "Oh no," I think to myself. "If I don't do anything, this truck will kill all the children in the bus!"

I slowly start to push on the accelerator of my car. If the truck hits my car, surely it would stop it from killing all the children. Perhaps this is my fate and perhaps this is my end. The truck continues to roll and I shut my eyes tightly as I brace for impact.

I hear a large thud and the sound of metal being crushed. But... I have no injuries. I'm left unhurt. I look up and find that my car is completely unharmed. I look to the direction of the truck. There, I see the Goblin in between my car and the truck, holding the truck off from completely crashing into me.

I breathe a heavy sigh of relief. The children continue to happily board the bus.

The Goblin steers the truck to the side of the road where it wouldn't harm anyone any longer. He rushes over to me, tears streaking down his face.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" he yells. "YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED!"

 

Because he is here, and because I love him, I begin to cry. "I'm sorry..." I tell him through my tears. "I'm sorry that I almost left you alone again. I'm so sorry."

The Goblin takes me in his arms and softly runs his fingers down my hair. "I thought you had left me in this world. How... am I supposed to last for eternity if you're not there? Please... Please don't leave me."

I nod and start to cry harder. I'm sorry, Kim Shin. My husband. My love. I promise you that no matter how many times I have to die, I will never leave your side.

 

Grim Reaper

The red ink on the paper carrying Eun-tak's name slowly starts to fade. I look to my co-worker Grim Reaper. He smiles at me. "I guess there won't be any deaths today," he says.

"I guess so," I reply and begin walking with him down the sidewalk.

"How many reports do you think we will have to fill out?" he asks.

I sigh. "I don't know... But I'm not looking forward to it."

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I return home to find Eun-tak happily sitting at the table and the Goblin cooking in the kitchen. I walk over to her. "It's nice to see you hear and not in my office, Gita Nurakja (기타누락자)." 

She grins. "My hubbie saved me."

Over his shoulder, the Goblin remarks, "Yes and that hubbie doesn't know why he's feeding you even though you made him VERY upset today."

She puts on her cutest expression that we know the Goblin always falls for. "Hmmm... Maybe because you love me so much? XD"

 

I roll my eyes at the two lovebirds who obviously were flirting with each other. "Are you two... creating love in front of me? When I've broken up with my love?"

The Goblin drops his spoon. "What did you just say?"

"I said--"

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?! DON'T SAY THAT! ESPECIALLY IN FRONT OF THIS CHILD!" the Goblin screams.

"HEY! I'm NOT a child! I'm your wife ~ <3" Eun-tak remarks.

"Oh... Naughty Goblin I didn't mean that," I interject. Well... I kind of did. Maybe. 

 

"But anyways, Grim Reaper ahjussi, have you still not made up with our boss?" Eun-tak asks.

My eyes brim with tears and both the Goblin and Eun-tak back up. "No... Sunny-sshi will never accept me again. I just know it. Maybe in the next life but certainly not this one."

Eun-tak takes my hand in hers, much to the jealousy of the Goblin. Oh well it's not like I will die PHYSICALLY. "Grim Reaper ahjusshi..." Eun-tak says softly. "You cannot wait for the two of you to somehow be together in the next life. The time right now is the most important time of all. It's too tragic if you have to look at each other but not be able to be with each other. To remember each other's words, arms, and eyes but never hear, feel, nor see them again. If a person only has four lives and if you miss the chance on this one, you will only have two lives left with her, assuming that Goryeo was your first life. This may even be your last. Grim Reaper, you have to hold on to her. You have to tell her how much you love her, how much you miss her, and how much you regret that you let her go last life and this life. Because... when will you get the chance to if not now?"

The Goblin swipes at her hands that are intertwined with mine. "Hands OFF and yes, I agree with her. You need to confront her although I will say this once and not again. DO NOT MAKE HER CRY."

 

Eun-tak looks at me, eyes shining brightly. "Grim Reaper ahjusshi... HWAITING!"

 

Sunny/Sun-hee/Sun

I pop a cracker into my mouth, waiting for someone who will never come. I shouldn't have said goodbye. But I guess... it's for the better, right?

The part-timer girl I hired looks at me. "Boss, is there something concerning you? Why do you keep looking out of the window?"

I sigh. "Do you know what fated love is? A love that cannot be. Star-crossed. Painful."

She cringes. "Like... Do Min Joon? You From Another Star?"

I get up and pat her on the head. "If only he was an alien. It would be much better than the situation right now."

"What is your boyfriend? If he's not an alien?" the part-timer asks.

I lean in towards her. "Don't be surprised," I whisper. "A Grim Reaper."

Her eyes get large and then starts laughing. "I get it Boss, you don't want to tell me. It's fine. Just know that I'm here to listen to your problems." She then walks off, mop in hand. 

The bells on the door chime, signaling that someone entered the restaurant. "Welcome--" I begin. It's Kim Woo Bin, no, Wang Yeo.

"Sunny-sshi," he says softly with the saddest expression I've ever seen on a grown man. Think of Puss in Boots and you'll get the picture.

I look away in fear of revealing my emotions to him. He grabs my wrist in his hands. "What are you doing?!" I ask and look around to see if anyone is watching. Luckily, they are all focusing on their chicken. "Fine. Let me go. We'll go outside and talk," I jeer and I can see that he looks rather hopeful.

 

Outside, I turn to him. "What is it that you want?" I ask.

He clears and clasps his hands together. I struggle to hold back a smile. This man is still too cute. "Sunny-sshi," he begins. "I was thinking that maybe... we can spend all of the four lives we have together."

I furrow my eyebrows. "What did you say?"

"I... I really like you Sunny-sshi. But we are too different. You are too perfect, I am imperfect. You always know what to say while I do not. You are the person I have to make excuses to be with."

"Did you really come to assert that? That we can't be together? You are too cruel," I utter and begin to turn away.

"Wait!" he calls out. He brings his hand to his face. "I'm sorry. Forgive me, an imperfect Grim Reaper. I always make mistakes when I'm with you, don't I? So right now I'm trying to fix my mistakes. The biggest mistake I've made for the 300+ years I've been living. The one I made last life and even this life. Ack, I'm messing up again. I mean the one I made last life and the one that I don't want to make this life."

A small smile starts to form on my lips. "Go on," I reply.

"Sunny-sshi. Sun-hee. Sun. I lost you before many many years ago due to my naivety. As soon as the arrow penetrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter