late night arrival

Exo dorm haunted?

Its 11:40 by the time Chanyeol gets back to EXO’s dorm. He’s soaking wet and very cold. The only thing he wants the moment he gets back to the dorm is a hot shower. He has no idea that it was going to rain. If he’d known, he would have driven his car instead. His stomach growls telling its owner that it wants to be fed. ‘Ok, a light snack after the hot shower.’ As he walks by the kitchen, he swears he hears someone singing. ‘Impossible.’ Everyone is supposed to be sleeping at this time. They have to be up by 6 and ready by 6:30AM. 

Suddenly a flash of lightning illuminates the kitchen. Chanyeol swears he sees a figure standing by the window. As soon as the flash disappears, the singing stops. There’s another flash and then the kitchen is empty. Chanyeol rubs his eyes, “Ok, getting caught in a downpour is making me see and hear things”. He literally freezes in mid step when he hears the singing again. It seriously sounds like someone is singing MAMA, their debut song. When another flash went off, the kitchen is empty again and the singing has stopped. ‘in hell.’ There is no way the members are up, not after the grueling practice they went through. Yixing and Jongin were practically dead on their feet by the time they got back to the dorm. Chanyeol decides to head to his studio because he finally has the inspiration to finish the song he’d been composing. Their manager is already asleep since they have to be up by 5:30 to make sure no one overslept. Then who the is singing at he quickly checks his watch at 11:50 at night, its 10 min to midnight.

The singing starts again and his heart feels like it’s trying to running away from him. Chanyeol decides to hightail out of the living room, heading straight to the room he shares with KaiSoo. He grabs his night clothes, towel, and underwear and disappears into the bathroom for a hot shower. He prays along the way that it’s his imagination playing tricks on him, that the dorm is not haunted. “Great, I have become like Tao. He is jumping at everything when there is nothing there to begin with. “ By the time he finishes showering he realizes it’s midnight. ‘Might as well grab a drink and light snack before I sleep.’ He rubs his hair with a smaller towel while tossing his dirty clothes into the hamper at the same time. Chanyeol gets out the shower, humming Fire by BTS as he makes his way to the kitchen. He has completely forgotten about the singing in the kitchen or the figure standing by the window. He opens the refrigerator to see what there is to eat. Finally he decides on a nice cold can of chilsung cider. He opens the can of chilsung cider and is about to take a drink from it when he hears the singing again. Chanyeol literally freezes and slowly turns around. He swears the singing is no more than a few feet away from him. This time the song is Monster, the line that’s sung by Jongdae- creeping, creeping. Now Chanyeol is in scared. who is singing at midnight. Suddenly he notices the stove light is on, softy illuminating the lone figure that is standing right next to stove. He notices the figure is not the one that is singing. He’s too scared to even squeak or scream.

Suddenly flash of lightning illuminates the kitchen. He sees something reflecting, like a mirror. He realizes it’s a butcher knife that the figure is holding. When the flash is gone the singing begins again. When another flash goes off, the singing stops, and the figure is missing. He’s too scared to run for his life, his feet feel like they’ve been super glued to the kitchen floor. ‘Park Chanyeol, there is no ghost.’ “Hell…hell…hell…hello” he softy squeaks out. The moon has come out from behind the clouds, softy illuminating the figure that is standing next to the stove. When the lightning flashes again, the singing begins again. This time there is no other sound accompanying it, only the sound of running water and the sound of a knife being sharpened. He watches as the figure splashes some water on to the whetstone, and places the blade against the whetstone.

[Time is on your side, just wait]

Water splashes on whetstone, blade against whetstone

[The tears he made you cry, I will cry them for you]

Water splashes on whetstone, blade against whetstone

[Tick tock tick tock, everything will come true]

Water splashes on whetstone, blade against whetstone

[If you can't have it, I'll just live for you] And repeat.

There is someone singing VIXX in his dorm kitchen at midnight. And of all the songs that VIXX have come out with this person chose to sing Voodoo. The song only adds to the already creepy atmosphere and his imagination is running out of control. Chanyeol has never been so scared in his entire life, and that includes the time he went into the haunted house with Jongin.

“Hell...hell...hell...hello,” he say again. No answer. The singing continues, the blade sharpening continues. blade against whetstone. [I shut my hurting eyes and run for you] blade against whetstone [Just please don’t leave me] Whoever was singing stopped. They’re humming now. He’s too scared to even figure out what song it is and who the singer is. He’s slowly backing away from the kitchen the room suddenly goes quiet. He can hear the running water, but there is no singing, no humming, no blade being sharpened. There is nothing, only eerie silence. He softy gulps when he sees the lightning flash and light up the sinister creepy smile briefly. The lighting hit the blade, making the blade glint. He let out a shudder of fright. Chanyeol sees the figure holding something up, but he cannot tell what it is. But he can see that whatever it is, it’s struggling to escape in the dim stove light. When the lightning flash through the kitchen briefly, he realizes it’s a person and that the figure is holding the person by the throat. He notices the pot of boiling water on the stove for the first time.

Before he can shout no or stop, the figure hold up the sharpen knife and slice the neck apart. The flesh parted and blood swells up like a river and spilling on to the sink like raindrops hitting the tin roof.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Chanyeol let out a scream that literally wakes the entire dorm. And it’s worthy of scream queen awards.

***********

A blood curling scream echoes through the dorm, waking those that are sleeping, scaring those that are awake.Xiumin was talking to Luhan when he fell asleep, only waking briefly to say good night. He was sleeping peacefully, when a scream jolts him out of his sleep, scaring him and causing him to fall off the sofa. He lets out a stream of curses. ‘ that hurt’. He looks up from his position on floor and sees Suho jump, dropping his phone on to his lap. He and Suho took one look at each other wondering who the hell is screaming at this time. If he is going to die, might as say his last word to Luhan.

Yixing was all worn out from practice and after a long hot shower he crashed onto Jongin’s bed. Both he and Jongdae decided to share Jongin’s bed. Yixing is used to sharing his bed with Jongdae. They did that a lot during the times went they are promoting in China. Jongdae is dead tired and he wanted to sleep. Practice is grueling. By the time he got back from shower, he saw a snoring and non moving lump on Jongin’s bed. The lump is slightly snoring in its sleep. Jongdae hit the slump slightly, telling it to move. The lump makes a noise of protest before moving over a bit. They were sleeping peacefully together when a scream jolts them out of sound sleep. Jongdae who was half asleep asks “Xing ge, do you know who is screaming at this time of the night?” Yixing checks his phone for the time. It’s quarter past 12. “I don’t know ChenChen. Let’s go and check it out.”

Baekhyun had less than half hour of sleep. The scream woke him up and he is pissed. Yes it is his fault for playing games at night even knowing that they have a schedule the very next day.

They have to be up at 6. “I want to kill whoever the is screaming at this time of the night,” he heard Yixing say. He was tired from practice and someone is screaming in the dorm. He wonders whose bed he fell asleep on and he sees a rilakkuma. He concludes he’d fallen asleep on Chanyeol bed. Sehun was face timing Tao when he heard the screaming start.

“Hunnie, where is that scream coming from?”

“I don't know Tao. I will go check.”

Sehun untangles his legs from the bed sheet.

“Tao, what time is it?” 

“Quarter pass 12”

“It cannot be Chanyeol. He is still in his studio at this time of the night. He normally sleeps over at the studio.”

“Who the hell is up beside us, Suho, Kai and D.O?”

“I don't know Tao.

Want me to call you back.”

“Hunnie, don't hang up. Let’s go together.”

“Ok” Sehun walks out of the room he shares with Suho, grabbing a baseball bat along the way.

Suho was sitting in the love seat right next to where Xiumin was sleeping. The scream startles him, causing him to drop his phone and swear at the same time. He quickly picks up the phone and apologizes to the person he was talking to. “I am sorry, Kris. The screaming startles me.”

“Turn on the video calling.”

“Ok”

“It’s quarter pass 12, who the hell is screaming?”

“I don't know. Everyone is sleeping and Chanyeol is sleeping in his studio. I think the only ones that could be up are TaoHun and KaiSoo and us.” Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Xiumin picking himself up off the floor. “Who the hell is screaming?” Xiumin mouthed.

Suho shrug his shoulders. “I don't know.” “Who the hell are you calling?” Suho mouthed back. Xiumin holds up his phone. On the screen it says Luhan.

Kyungsoo cannot believe he is actually killing a live chicken. He and Jongin were on their way back from practice and they’d walked by a live poultry place. So they decided to check it out and somehow they end up buying a live chicken. He calls up his mom and asks her how to kill chicken. So as of right now, he has plucked the feathers. According to his mom, he also has to slit the throat and bleed it out. Out of the corner of his eye he sees Jongin copying the way to hold the chicken by the neck. There goes nothing. He places the blade against the neck of the chicken and slices the neck open. He lets out a chuckle when he sees Jongin copying the dying chicken movement. He also hears a scream coming from behind him. It scares and startles him, causing him to drop the knife and dead chicken into the sink. He turns around to find out who is screaming at this time of the night. Jongin is happy he’s going to have fresh chicken. He’s been humming and singing bits and pieces of songs that he remembers. Cans of chilsung cider and soda liter the counter where Jongin is sitting.

He is swinging his legs happily waiting for Soo to prepare the chicken. He knows Kyungsoo is going to cook him something delicious with the chicken. He copies the way Kyungsoo is holding chicken by neck. He sees Soo give a little smile at his silly movements.Then he is copying the dying chicken twitching movement, causing Soo to let out a small chuckle. In the middle of his twitching he hears someone scream, startling him and making him scream too. Seriously he thought he was going to have a heart attack, who the  is screaming?