Final - 01

I Need(ed) U

     Heart wrenching sobs escape the boys' lips as he whispers her name. Curling himself into a ball on the mattress, he tugs on his hair with his right hand. In his left hand, he fingers a ring that he'd given her a year ago. A promise ring whose promises have been left unfulfilled. 
  
     He feels a dip in the bed beside him as his dorm mate places a hand on his shoulder. Sobbing harder, he starts to hit his head with his open hand.

       " I'm so stupid." His voice cracks.  

       His dorm mate, Jackson, bites back a sarcastic comment, knowing this isn't the time for jokes. Watching the other boy tug out a few strands of hair, he decides to help him sit up. 
  
      "Listen, you're my friend Min Yoongi. Don't let this tear you up. I know it hurts, the two of you were together for 5 years. You have two choices. You can either let this tear you up to pieces, and I understand if you choose that, or you can come with me and we can get of here for a while. Your choice." Looking into his eyes, Jackson smiles sadly at his friend. 
  
       Letting his sobs drain to hiccups, Yoongi dries his eyes and looks out the window. The sky is blue and the sun is shining, a vast contrast to his darkened mood. 
  
      Suddenly growing angry, he stands and grabs a picture frame from beside his bed and throws it across the room, causing it to shatter. Yelling, he closes his eyes runs his hands through his hair and pushes his desk chair to the ground. 
  
      "Damn it!" He roars, "Why do I feel this way?" He thinks back to their last meeting. Their break up.  

 

      "Yoongi, I can't do this anymore. I like you, but I feel like this isn't love anymore. You deserve better." Her eyes kept glancing at different things in the diner they were at, never on him. Never looking directly into his eyes.

       "So everything we went through meant nothing to you? Was anything real?" He shakes his head at her words.  


       "I already said I'm sorry." She looks down into her lap.
  
       "I loved you." Is his heart broken reply.
  
        "Forgive me, I just can't lead you on like this anymore.." She trails off.

      "Just tell me the truth. Do you want to break up? Was five years of this not love? Just say you want to break up because I can't. Tell me." He questions, throat aching.  

       She stays silent and he takes this as her answer.  A moment of silence passes until he can't take it anymore and stands up.

       "Yoongi, wait!" She cries out, but it's useless because the boy left the diner.  

       He couldn't take it anymore, he was becoming more and more heartbroken. He couldn't go back to her ever again.  

 

       "Jackson, why? Did I fall in love alone? Did she even feel anything or am I just hurting alone? I can't do it. This . My chest feels like it's being ripped apart." He grabs at his chest as if to prove his point. "I hate this." He chokes out. His throat feels raw from crying and yelling.  

       "Jackson, I feel like I'm going crazy, let's go out tonight," He pleads the other boy. "I want to get out." Jackson nods in understanding, a small smile on his face at his friends small improvement. 

 

2 years later

      Yoongi suffered from a slight depression for a few months after their break up. After the third month, he got back on his feet. At first, he slept through classes and did nut a care about anything. Jackson and their friends eventually encouraged him to get out of bed and attend classes. In the first month, he barely ate, he slipped meals and lost a lot of weight. One of his friends, Lee Taemin, eventually realized his lack of eating habits and slowly but surely, Yoongi started eating again.  
 
       Some days were better than others. He still suffered from his broken heart.  Some nights he cried himself to sleep other nights he stared at the ceiling. After five months, onee day Jackson saw him playing with the ring absentmindedly and told him it was time to get rid of it. 

       "If you don't, I'll throw it into the fountain." Jackson had threatened

       Eventually, three years passed and he was graduating. The previous year, he'd found out she had transferred to a girls school. When he had seen her at the graduating ceremony, he'd been so appalled at her beauty. He had to take a double glance to make sure it was her. She had cut her hair to her shoulders, her lips were rosy and her eyes shimmered with happiness. 

        "Yoongi is that you?" She questions as she walks up to him.