Stories

Dear Noona

1. Stories

 

A young man immediately covers his eyes the moment he opened them. He groans before grabbing a pillow from his side to cover his face from the sunlight that entered his room. It took him about a minute before finally deciding to get up and close the curtains to block the sunlight from entering his room. He stretches his arms and legs before going out his room to wash his face and brush his teeth on the floor's comfort room.

 

After freshening himself, he decides to go down the stairs and ask his mother what they will be having for breakfast.

 

"Eomma, what's for break--" The young man's jaw dropped even before he was able to finish his sentence.

 

"Sehun, dear! Good thing you're finally awake, we have visitors." His mom who was on the sofa with her back facing Sehun turned to him. There were two more women on the other sofa, sitting across his mother.

 

"Aigoo, you're all grown up now! You're even more good-looking now. Can you still remember me?" one of the women sitting across his mother, asked. She was in her 50's.

 

Sehun gave a shy smile. "Of course, Mrs. Hwang. How can I forget about you?"

 

All three women giggled at the sight of their 'baby boy' being shy. His mother then asked him to sit beside herself because they have a lot to talk about.

 

"Aren't you eighteen now?" Mrs. Hwang asked. Sehun, who was still in shock seeing the people before him, nodded.

 

"Sehun-ah! Do you still remember me?" Finally, the young woman spoke. Sehun wasn't quite sure if he was having silly illusions or maybe the moment he turned his eyes to her really happened in a slow motion. He was stunned and couldn't reply as soon as possible. He just stared at the woman who was looking at him as well, with a captivating eyesmile-- that actually already captivated his heart for as long as he can remember.

 

'Wow, is this really Tiffany noona? I never thought she could get prettier.' He thought to himself.

 

He was awaken from his daydreaming when the young woman spoke again. "Sehun-ah? Are you okay?" Her eyesmile was replaced with a worried expression after getting just a stare as a response from her dongsaeng.

 

"Ah n-noona, of course I remember you!" Because he just recovered from being stunned by her beauty, he can't help himself from stutterig. He gave her a small smile, even though his heart felt like jumping out of his chest. Oh c'mon, he's eighteen year old and is usually uninterested in girls, but he knows she's the only girl that can make him go crazy ever since.

 

"It's been five years, I was afraid you have forgotten about me already." The red head gave him a cute pout. She missed having him around, he was like a cute little puppy who loves following her around back then.

 

"He-he.. That's impossible, noona." Sehun gave a shy smile while scratching his nape, a sign that he is indeed shy and nervous. Tiffany gave him her infamous eyesmile again.

 

They decided to eat their breakfast already. Sehun's mother already prepared their meals on their dining table. Sehun just found out that their visitors arrived at the village at dawn, and immediately went to their house as soon as they got enough rest. Tiffany's mother already told his mother the reason they're back, but since Sehun just woke up, he missed the story.

 

"So, are you staying here for good now?" Mrs. Oh asked, looking at her best friend who is sitting across her.

 

"Yes, dear. There's no more reason for us to leave again." Mrs. Hwang said, with a bitter smile. Her best friend on the other hand, reached for her hand and gave her a comforting smile. After that, silence took over the atmosphere. Sehun was confused to why they suddenly fell silent, but he chose to keep his mouth shut, since he's not really talkative.

 

"I really missed these food you cook, Mrs. Oh!" Tiffany broke the silence, obviously trying to lift up the mood. She gave Mrs. Oh an eyesmile, completely hiding the pain she feels herself.

 

"Oh, don't worry Fany-ah, you can go here as often as you like and I'll cook you your favorite dishes." Mrs. Oh replied with a smile, earning giggles from both Tiffany and her mother.

 

After their breakfast, the mothers remained busy talking to each other. They sure missed having each other as human diaries. Sehun on the other hand was just sitting in the corner, eyes on his phone. He was too shy to get close to his childhood crush. But of course, Tiffany, unaware of Sehun crushing on her, decided to approach the young man.

 

"Sehun-ah, you changed a bit." She sat beside him.

 

He was stunned again, an angel is right beside him. He couldn't look at her so he kept his eyes glued on his phone's screen even though he is now out of focus. "I just grew up, noona. I'm no longer a child." He chuckled, succeeding in covering up his nervousness.

 

"Aigoo, you do look so mature now, but I missed baby Sehunnie." Sehun's heart skipped a beat after hearing her statement. How naive of the young woman, she doesn't know she's sending him to heaven.

 

"Let's buy bubble tea. I hope you still love those.." Tiffany said with a sweet smile. Finally, Sehun decided to put his phone down and look at her.

 

'Yeah, but I love you more..' He wanted to say, but of course he has not went completely crazy yet.

 

"Bubble tea is still my favorite, noona. Let's go, there's a new bubble tea shop near our village." Sehun replied, with a sweet smile as well. His heart pounded like crazy again, he became more nervous. While Tiffany's eyes glistered after hearing about the new bubble tea shop. Back then, the nearest bubble tea shop to them is next to their school, which needs one bus ride. She's glad there's a new shop that they can get to by foot.

 

While they were walking to the said bubble tea shop, Tiffany was just gleefully telling stories while Sehun just smiled and listened. She loved how good of a listener he is ever since. She knows he's not very talkative but she doesn't mind because she doesn't run out of stories to tell, and he's her only favorite person to tell neverending stories to. Sehun on the other hand loves how lively she is when telling stories, especially when it's about the things she love, her eyes and her words burn with passion. He likes to just stare at her because all he sees is absolute perfection in her.

 

"Five years ago, I already felt bad because you were growing tall, but now you're absolutely tall. I can't even reach your hair anymore.." Tiffany stated with a cute pout, causing Sehun to laugh and lower his head for her to reach. She gave him a quick pat on the head.

 

"I'm the same Sehun, noona." He gave her a reassuring smile.

 

The next thing they knew, they were already at the bubble tea shop. Tiffany mouthed a 'wow' after seeing that the whole place is pink. Yep, that's her favorite color.

 

"I knew you'd love this.." Sehun said and chuckled. He led the way to the counter with Tiffany following him, and they both stated their desired flavors. Before Sehun could even grab his wallet, Tiffany already handed cash to the lady at the counter, causing Sehun to be surprised.

 

"This is my treat.." Tiffany said with an eyesmile.

 

They sat on one of the tables when they finally got their bubble teas. Tiffany started to sip on hers, while Sehun just stared at her with a frown. When she noticed the frown on the younger's face, her forehead creased and she raised an eyebrow on him. "What's wrong, Sehun-ah?"

 

"Noona, you just arrived after five years, I wanted to at least treat you bubble tea." he replied. Now, his frown turned into a cute pout. Tiffany chuckled.

 

"Sorry, Sehun-ah. I just missed treating you your favorite. Back then, you used to follow me after school and would nag about wanting bubble tea. You truly are a man now, huh?" Tiffany said with a teasing smile.

 

"Noona, I'm eighteen now so you don't have to dote on me anymore." Sehun replied as he started to sip on his bubble tea.

 

"Aw, noona is hurt. My baby is a grown up now." she said with a pout., causing Sehun's heart to skip a beat again. Firstly, she called him baby, and second, she looks so adorable pouting.

 

"Sorry noona, you can dote on me as long as you like, then." he reassured her, making her smile.

 

"Thank you, Sehun-ah. But aren't you going to college, after this summer?" Tiffany asked after realizing that it is summer, and Sehun just finished high school.

 

"I am, noona."

 

"What course are you going to take?" Tiffany asked curiously, sipping on her bubble tea.

 

"Architecture." Sehun replied with a proud smile, which made Tiffany smile as well.

 

"Wow, I thought your interests would change as you grow. Turns out your dream of becoming an architect when you were little is about to come true. I'm proud of you, Sehun-ah.." Tiffany said while resting her chin on both of her palms, staring at the young man that she feels so proud for.

 

"We even drew the house that you wanted, noona." Sehun gave her a small smile while he was silently reminiscing that one time five years ago when he was with Tiffany and she asked him to draw the house she would describe. He can never forget about that moment. He hopes that one day, he can make her dream house come true for her.

 

"Oh yes! Do you still have that drawing?" Tiffany asked excitedly after she just recalled the memory.

 

"It's in one of the drawers in my room, noona." Sehun paused, then continued, "Is it still the house you dream of, noona?"

 

"Of course! Except that I want you to draw more plants around the house because it would look more aesthetic." Tiffany replied with a chuckle, her eyes glistering in passion.

 

"Sure, if that's what you like.." he smiled and she gave him a thumbs up.

 

They were busy sipping on their bubble teas while Tiffany continued her infinite stories, when Sehun suddenly thought about something. "Noona, where is your dad?" he blurted out while still sipping. But the cheerful woman he was with froze for a moment, the smile she had turned upside down.

 

Sehun panicked internally. He didn't know why his noona suddenly went silent. "Noona, I'm sorry, did I say anything wrong?" he worriedly asked. Tiffany tried to hide the bitterness with a smile, but Sehun knew it was fake. He can see the pain in her eyes.

 

She shook her head. "No, no, it's fine, nothing's wrong.. but you see, he's the reason why we're back here, Sehun-ah." The tone of her voice became serious, so he was silenced.

 

"We moved to Seoul because he found a better job there, but then he found something else aside from a new job. He found a new wife, Sehun-ah." she said with a calm voice, followed by a bitter laugh. Sehun's heart broke into pieces when he noticed her eyes were watery.

 

"Noona, I'm sorry.." he told her, looking deeply worried. He moved closer to her and he put his hand on her back and gently rubbed his palm there, trying to comfort her.

 

"It's okay, Sehun-ah. I don't want to talk about it." Tiffany replied with a small smile and she quickly wiped a tear that escaped from her eye.

 

They quietly finished their drink and decided to go back home. Sehun just stared at her while they were walking, he felt guilty about asking such a question, because now she's silent and there's not a sign of cheerfulness on her face. It's his first time seeing her gloomy, and it is truly heartbreaking that he can't do anything about it.

 

Sehun walked with her until they were a few houses away from his own house, that is where the Hwangs live.

 

"Thank you for today, Sehun-ah. See you tomorrow" Tiffany said with a smile before entering the house. She waved goodbye to him and he did as well, before she finally closed the door. Sehun heaved a deep sigh before he walked back to were he lives.

 

'I made her sad.' he thought to himself, followed by mental curses.