ANTARES

universe of discourse

purple paint chip, doyoung/seola

what is this lmao college has been soooo tough really so got no time to write but i can't help and i only got to post it today since nct and wjsn made their comeback at the same time again. i'm so happy! and you should look at seola and doyoung during wjsn inkigayo interview. my heart couldn't take it. this is so short and boring ikr. but hooray for more doyoung and seola in the future!

 

 


hyunjung thought it’s not good to expect for things. hope for something to happen. hoping too much for things to actually happen. it made her sound desperate. well, she already was. she’s a dreamer after all. fighting against all odds for her dream.

sunday was as usual busy. there’s no such rest for her and the girls since their full album has just been released. half of her felt glad, seems like their hard work paid off receiving a lot of unexpected love and recognitions in a matter of time. half of her was anxious, afraid if she failed to keep up with the expectations. she hated how her inferiority would eat her determined thoughts away. how her own self was the reason why she’s always afraid.

hyunjung thought she’s dreaming when she saw those almond-shaped eyes. a darker brown shade of childlikeness. slowly making her lose her grasp of feebleness, wordlessly telling her to stay with ease.

“hey,” his voice was soft and cheery in the midst of bustling backstage and drumming heartbeats (she may or may not forget that he’d be here). it’s totally fine, she would tell herself. but instead, like a deer caught in the headlights. she stood, froze, and unblinking.

he frowned in a slight, pouting along before his face leaned slightly closer to hers, “have you already forgotten about me? you don’t remember me, do you?”

she might go crazy because stop being too cute, her head screamed. still acting like a child he was. using informality as if he’s comfortable with her. she wondered if she could get used of this. of him. of them.

“no! no at all. i remember you,” her eyes looked away, her abrupt thoughts betrayed her resulting in her high-pitched voice. he would totally think she’s weird.

how could she forget about him? after all this time, coincidence by coincidence piecing between them. connecting them in some sort of way; heart to heart, eyes to eyes and her to him. that kind. even hyunjung can’t explain.

he smiled, sweetly and sincerely. such a boy he was. the purple hair definitely suited him. reminds her of lilac and lavender in one bouquet, soft like the bruising sky when the sun set on midsummer, or purple has become her new favorite color. she didn’t quite remember him being this tall that she had to tilt her chin slightly to have a good view of him. he’s the view, after all.

looking at her with that kind look, the dreamy look he's giving (she still thought it's too much for a younger boy to wreck her heart just like that while looking at her as if he had done nothing wrong) making her blush and shy, “glad that noona remembers me.”

she wanted to say more than i remember you. something like why she couldn’t forget about him. something like how she didn’t like the thought of him fade away. how she didn’t want him to forget about her as well. her heart immediately swelled, what a really nice feeling, she thought. perhaps no words were needed for now. no names were needed to entitle whatever they were now.

she’s more than happy to see him again.

 

(later at the end of the day, she quietly held his hand out before slipping something into the palm of his hand. it was a chocolate candy. not quite romantic but enough to tell him that she would love to see him again. hyunjung was surprised with her own courage. the younger boy blushed into the shade of crimson with a shy grin formed on the lips. she could feel his fingers tugged for hers, intertwined for a moment before they could remember to cherish this. the warmth tingled and stayed until to the very tips of her fingers. faded but remembered. like him.

it was fine to dream and hope, hyunjung thought. especially when she's found someone who might perhaps always remember her. reminds her of there's a little sweetness in this reality. it was fine for her to keep smiling.)