Hey Stranger: 첫사랑 (First Love)

Hey Stranger : 첫 사랑 (First Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cameras flashing from left to right, as the person named Song Chaeyoung is being escorted to her car as she finished another schedule today. She is squeezed in between her managers as they sway the reporters and people away so that she can go to her car, though it is hard to pass by that number of people she still smiles and waves at them, lucky fans get to shake her hand or get a chance to have her autograph, that is why people love her she is not the snob type of celebrity, she is lovable and fresh.

“Son Chaeyoung!!” Everyone is calling her name, asking for her attention though it will be just for a few second of gaze people will cringe and cry in happiness. They all believe that she does not pretend unlike other celebrities, she is pure and sincere that is why people love her, another reason why she is being loved is because she is talented, her beauty and star quality are plus points. She is a real talent, she can dance, act, sing, rap and of course write and produce her own music. She is a talent wrapped in a beautiful being, not to mention her dimples that show whenever she smiles is another eye catcher.

Chaeyoung did her final wave as she entered her car and sat on her spot. She keeps on waving on the tinted windows that surely her fans and reporters can barely see, as soon as the engine started and the car drove away, Chaeyoung sighed, she knows that she was not like this at all, she is really different from treating people before, she thought that if these people met her when she was younger they will hate her, and despise her, if it was not for that one person, she will never be this kind. She looked in a far direction thinking of something, thinking of the things she said in the interview. She never really liked being interviewed and talking about her personal life especially when it comes to love, oh yes, her schedule was a talk show with Tiffany, on ‘The Tiffany Show’. She is actually one of the people that Chaeyoung respects the most so when she asked her if she had fallen in love Chaeyoung could never lie.

About an hour ago ….

“Welcome back to the Tiffany Show!” Tiffany stated as the commercials ended, she smiled with her crescent eyes that Chaeyoung felt like her world stop, she knows someone who smiles like that, her eyes disappearing whenever she smiles. “We are here again with Chaeyoung-ssi.” Tiffany said as the cameras focused on the two of them now.

“So, as I was saying earlier, people love your music and lyrics combine, I honestly listen to them as well, I like them,” Tiffany commented bubbly and Chaeyoung smiles awkwardly, well she is not really great in compliments, she blushed and Tiffany smiled sparkle more.

“Thank you,” Chaeyoung said shyly.

“Well, thank you for making great music, I just wanted to ask, though, where did all these come from? The lyrics, is it base on experience?” Tiffany asked in a teasing tone and the audience cheered up, they all wanted to know.

“Uhm, err it I guess you can say that ” Chaeyoung answered tensed, few people know about this part of her life, and she would like to keep it that way but she cannot, not answer Tiffany it will be rude especially if her role model is Tiffany’s longtime partner, Tae Yeon.

“Oh, Our Chaeyoung here is shy,” Tiffany said to the audience and everyone laughed, Chaeyoung looked on the ground trying to hide her shyness. “Anyway, since you said it came from experience. Had you ever fallen in love, are you happily in love?” Tiffany followed up, since Chaeyoung had been really private it will be a revelation to all if she answers it now. Chaeyoung looked at her shocked, is dry suddenly and she needed to gulp. Tzuyu, her best friend once said that there is no other way to move on than accepting the fact that it hurts, than admitting to herself that, Dahyun could not be coming back, the music she have created are projection of her feeling in Love, that there is hope in everything.. but it had been a very long time and yet Dahyun has not appeared. Chaeyoung’s eyes are teary, maybe Tzuyu is right it is time to let people know that she is experiencing something. She clenched her jaw and look at Tiffany eye to eye.

"People always ask me if I have ever experienced such a heart break, or anything like that --- they ask me where I got those lyrics. Honestly, I just fell in love once in my life, and that person is my first love, if you ask me if I still have feelings for that person" Chaeyoung sighed and looked at Tiffany’s eyes once again after blinking controlling her tears not to fall down. "I really don't know -- All I know is that there is something about that person, that I just can't let go." Chaeyoung said, with those words people seemed to be struck, as if they saw the soul of Chaeyoung and they loved her more, even Tiffany was struck by her words, she understood the younger artist. She spoke from her heart-baring that intense emotion towards someone, Tiffany needed to shake her heard to be back on her own show.

“Now we know why Chaeyoung, creates great music,” Tiffany commented and everyone agreed with her. The interview went on and they play games and asked about ideal types and all, but Tiffany will about her first love… Chaeyoung just nods awkwardly, she knows that there will be a thousand of articles about this all over the world.

Present time.

“Chaeyoung?” The person on the passenger seat, who is her manager, Jo Kwon called her attention as the interview plays back on her mind.

“Yes?” She asked.

“Do you want to do V Live? We have a slot, or” Jo Kwon is waiting for an answer. Chaeyoung seemed thinking. “You look tired maybe you need to go ahead and rest.” Jo Kwon stated reading between the lines, he knows that Chaeyoung seemed to think of that infamous first love, he knows about it of course.

“Actually, I don’t want to go home yet, and V Live? Uhm can you spare me Kwon Oppa? I feel like going somewhere.” Chaeyoung said, she is open to her managers as well on where she is going, how long she’ll be gone and who she will be with, that is the reason why they allow Chaeyoung to roam around Seoul, they also trust her not to have scandals well knowing Chaeyoung’s obsession about the infamous ‘the person’, they trust her so she is a free artist, she just needs to be in disguise so no one will recognize her.

“Where are you going?”

“I just want a coffee. Alone.” Chaeyoung said and Jo Kwon sighed as he passes the scarf and specs so as the cap for Chaeyoung. She plastered that very adorable smile. “Thank you Kwon Oppa, you are the best!” Chaeyoung said as she fixes herself. She covers half of her face with the scarf and put the specs on and the cap. She took off the van making sure that no one sees her.

It is snowing, so her outfit is just fine with the weather, no one should recognize her.

Chaeyoung walks around the street blending in with strangers. She looks around this place and a lot of things changed, there used to be an ice cream shop and a pharmacy by the block, but now the ice cream shop turned into a nail salon and the pharmacy had become a store that sells tech stuff. She walked pass it and look on the ground. She sighed, she remembers everything; this place is where she grew up, every childhood memory she has is written on the walls. She can still hear the laughter and the teasing. She can see herself ignoring the studious Dahyun who keeps on tailing her. She chuckled with the memories, she thought she must be going crazy. She looked up and found herself in front of her favorite place, JYP Café. She smiled and look at it, this is one of the few things that did not change after a long while she is thankful that it is still in business.

The café is managed and owned by Park Jin Young, he does have a son named Jin Young as well and they call him Junior, who he does not know where, all JYP said is that he is traveling the world and he just receive post cards from him, and JYP complains endlessly about it. Though, she knows JYP is just saying those to hide his longing for his son.

Chaeyoung opened the door and the wind chime created a good melodic tone.

“Welcome” JYP tried to greet the customer respectfully.

Chaeyoung smiled with her dimples displaying.

“Oh it is just you, go head and take a seat on your spot,” JYP said like Chaeyoung and her are really great friends. He said hurriedly before people would notice Chaeyoung, he is asking if Chaeyoung is really famous because she always goes there but no one recognizes her. People are really oblivious these days, he thought.

“Thank you.” She answered as she went to the spot where she always sits at, where they always sit. She sat quietly, there are few customers but she was not recognized, the table gives thousands of memories, it electrifies her spine. She looks on the very familiar spot and there it is still the name “Son Chaeyoung and Kim Dahyun. She smiled and closed her eyes, she heard the wind chime again and she looks by the door…

Approximately Ten Years ago

“There you are!”

Chaeyoung knows exactly who that voice belongs to, it is her. Who else could it be? She smiled hearing her voice, she can feel her getting near and all Chaeyoung could hear is her footsteps and her own heart in sync with it. Why is she feeling this way?

“I was looking for you all over Seoul, why did you forget this book that you borrowed from me? How can you study and pass the exam, aish Chaeyoungie you are being over confident again!” The chair across her was moved, that means that she is sitting across her surely Chaeyoung will hear her never ending nagging, but who is Chaeyoung kidding, she likes it a lot when she scolds her, she likes it a lot if she gives all her attention to her. She likes it a lot because she feels that importance, she wonders why this makes her happy.

“YAH! SON CHAEYOUNG?! Are you even listening!”

“Aw” Chaeyoung yelped in pain because she hits her again and this time it hurts big time with the book she owns. “YAH KIM DAHYUN!” Chaeyoung complained, she likes saying her name, though she does not know why. Chaeyoung glared at her, but she couldn’t help but smile because Dahyun is making that face again, a face like she can kill someone on the spot. Chaeyoung likes every expression that Dahyun has in to an extent that she will turn red as a tomato. And again, she has no idea why? Why her stomach feels like it is acting up whenever Dahyun, looks at her eyes like now.

“Yah! Why are you turning red again? Are you constipated?” Dahyun asked in a worry.

Chaeyoung just rolled her eyes and went back to the manga she is reading, as she tries to momentarily fan herself with it. The way Chaeyoung feels about Dahyun is in a way that she can’t explain, she did not know when she started to notice those changes or how it started but Dahyun has a certain effect on her that she’d end up smiling no matter what the other party does, even though she eats like an animal in front of her, she just finds it so adorable. And there is a sudden thud in her heart that she cannot explain.

Dahyun ordered her favorite chocolate cake and mocha latte, as she started eating sitting across Chaeyoung. Dahyun is like a different person when chocolate is in front of her, she forgets everything and just focuses on the food. Chaeyoung is momentarily glancing at her smiling, enjoying Dahyun’s lost in chocolate state, and as she always does she will get her pencil and drawing notebook and she will start sketching Dahyun’s face though she has no idea why she enjoys doing it, she just really likes Dahyun’s face.

“What are you doing? Are you sketching me again?” Dahyun asked she is really straightforward.

“No! I am sketching the chocolate cake’s death because of your monstrous mouth! Such a pig.” Chaeyoung commented closing her sketch pad.

“Yeah whatever Chaeng,” Dahyun said. Chaeyoung just looked at her straight without any expression and sip on her ice coffee.

“I am not like you, writing our names on this table when we came here telling everyone that it is our spot. Crazy.” Chaeyoung said in a snob tone, form the time that café opened Dahyun wrote their names on that spot and JYP was so mad but Dahyun whispered something to her that time, JYP’s eyes soften and pats Dahyun’s head from the day they become close with JYP.

“You two are arguing again, when will the two of you stop?” JYP stated as he visits the table where he finds two not so tall girls sitting always, he likes talking with his customers because they are the same age of his son, Junior, who is with his mom.

“When Dahyun learns to mind her own business!” Chaeyoung said and she yelps in pain once again as she was hit by Dahyun using her spoon. “Yah! I am still older than you Chaeyoung! So respect me.” Dahyun reprimand.

“You should earn it then, rather than - - AW” Chaeyoung once again cry in pain as Dahyun hit her again. “YAH!”

JYP just smiled looking at the two of them, “I guess, people are right, sometimes you’d be the last to know that you like each other as much.” He whispered and walk away.

Present time….

JYP put the order of Chaeyoung on the table and sat across her. Chaeyoung was shocked thinking that it could be her.

“Yah! Why are you looking at me like that?!” JYP questioned, it gives him chills as Chaeyoung eyes show anticipation and longing.

Chaeyoung smiled, she prayed thousands of times for her to appear on the front of her like she always does, before. She prays to go back to the time where Dahyun is around, the time where she will hit her. Her hands are on the curved names that Dahyun did.

“I have always wanted to change this table because it had been marked by Dahyun, that girl.” JYP smiled thinking of Dahyun. Chaeyoung looks at him. “I wonder why have you changed your mood when Dahyun whispered something to you that day,” Chaeyoung asked this is the first time that she asked about it.

“Oh - - yeah, she told me that she wants you to be comfortable because she said you looked so good sitting there, when the sun touches your skin, it makes her smile and she does not know why.” JYP said smiling. Chaeyoung has her eyes soften and tears are threatening to fall. “And rent this spot for the two of you, so from that day I did not have anyone sit on this spot just the two of you. And your friends, she paid a good amount.” JYP is smiling and Chaeyong just chuckled, she looks outside the glass wall and she sees two high school girls bickering, she took a deep breath, that brings memories too.

Approximately ten years ago…

Dahyun and Chaeyoung finished hanging out as they are to go home already, they live on the same block so Chaeyoung could not avoid Dahyun at all, she gulps whenever Dahyun would snake their arm together, she hates it, hates it a lot because she seemed to be having cold sweats and the thud she hears in her heart keeps on appearing.

“Stop holding me,” Chaeyoung said in a snob tone, she can feel sweats all over her body. Dahyun looks at her. “Yah Son Chaeyoung I told you to be respectful!” She complained still holding Chaeyoung’s arm. Chaeyoung glared at her and Dahyun just smiled as if she is teasing the younger girl. There it is again a thud she can’t explain and getting dry so she holds on Dahyun’s hand.

Dahyun’s eyes widen for a moment as if the sudden skin contact made her heart fluster too.

Chaeyoung immediately looked in another direction and sway Dahyun’s hand away from her arm and turn her back and walk faster like she is walking through the sound of her own heart.

Dahyun shook her head and she realized that Chaeyoung is 20 small steps away from her.

“Yah! Son Chaeyoung!” Dahyun shouted and she started to tail Chaeyoung again. Who walks faster than her earlier phase like she is running away. And she can still hear her name being shouted by the older girl.

“SON CHAEYOUNG!!!”

Chaeyoung entered their house, she is perspiring and she leaned on their door, her right hand on her chest.

“Why you look like that? Did a dog make you that anxious?”

Chaeyoung looks at the person and it is Nayeon, the girlfriend of her older sister Jungyeon.

“Who are you talking to?” Jungyeon appeared pulling her girlfriend by the waist. Chaeyoung just rolled her eyes they will act sweet again as if she is not there. “You are here already? Hahah it is a dog named Kim Dahyun.” Jungyeon teased hugging Nayeon tightly.

Chaeyoung just glared at her sister.

“That is a pretty human named dog,” Nayeon said innocently.

Chayeoung just sighed, “You seemed to be a good match for each other.” She commented smiling trying to calm her heart, she does not know even the mention of that name makes her think indefinitely.

“Oh, Chayoungie so sweet.” Nayeon patted her head.

She just glared and walk pass them, “You are both stupid.” Chaeyoung whispered as she went inside her room, surely, she’ll hear the two kissing and tickle each other again and it irritates her.

 

Most people wonder why Dahyun put an effort to assist Chaeyoung on studying when the teacher gave up on her too, she will always tell Chaeyoung to study in order for her to pass her subjects and get into a good university, they are all wondering why? Not to mention that Chaeyoung is always ignoring her, she will just hit Chaeyoung and scold the girl in return though it is obvious that Chaeyoung is not listening to her.

To Chaeyoung, Dahyun is irritating, she is like a leech that every patience of Chaeyoung, but she also does not know why every smile of Dahyun makes her smile, every hit from Dahyun makes her alive, every scolding from her makes her focus.

“YAH! Son Chaeyoung, I told you to do your homework! This is all doodles!” Dahyun once again reprimand, their classmates look at them, but Dahyun could careless, they all know that the two are different in many ways, Dahyun is the studious class president material girl and Chaeyoung is the lazy bastard who just sleeps in her class or read a manga inside their class, she just hides on their thick work books.

Chaeyoung just gave her a blank look and closed her eyes again not minding Dahyun.

“I told you not to be rude!” Dahyun hits her again. “YAH!” Chaeyoung shouted. “Ignoring people and not talking to those who care about you is being rude and not respecting people older than you is being rude, so act accordingly!” Dahyun shouted with her hands on her waist, the whole class is so used to this, them bickering and just shouting.

“AND I TOLD YOU TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS LOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO BUG!” Chaeyoung shouted and Dahyun pinched her ear saying words to discipline Chaeyoung and the one in pain just continue to kick her or punch her, but Chaeyoung does not know why she can’t seem to hit Dahyun hard, it all comes out so gentle.

They will just stop whenever their teacher comes in. They heard her cough, with that signal they immediately separated and Dahyun went back to her chair which is in the middle of the class, well she is the class president, Chaeyoung glares at her and she too, is glaring back at Dahyun. They heard another cough and Dahyun needed to stand up to lead the greeting of their Chinese Teacher, Victoria Song. Dahyun stuck up for a while as Victoria was not alone on front. There was a girl on front and she looks pretty, well that is what Dahyun thought everyone greeted.

Tzuyu the one sitting next to Chaeyoung, pokes her. “She looks pretty.” The girl whispered.

Chaeyoung just looked at the girl in front with narrowed eyes, like she does not care about her at all.

“Okay, I know you could see this girl beside me – “ Victoria started talking.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, she is looking at her seatmate and she was mesmerized with her looks and, also Dahyun seemed to be in a different state, she can tell that she is also excited even without seeing her face. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, ‘Of course, we can see her what do you think of us blind?’ Chaeyoung thought not minding the inkling feeling of irritation on how Dahyun looks like at this very moment.

“Anyong!” The girl greeted with her broken Korean. “Minatozaki Sana-ssi, an exchange student from Japan, please take care of me.” Sana said and everyone cheered and seemed to be mesmerized by her beauty.

“Yeah, she is Sana from Japan we sent Park Jihyo in Japan, anyway –“ Victoria seemed to be not interested. “Kim Dahyun ssi, why don’t you assist Sana. She is the president and she is dependable so go sit next to her.” Victoria spoke once more, she looks sleepy. She is always like that. Sometimes Dahyun thinks that the reason why Chaeyoung is sleepy and all is because their homeroom teacher is like that, their favorite one is Amber Liu, who is energetic and always over acting.

Chaeyoung suddenly felt irritated, she did not like how that Sana smiled to the irritating Kim Dahyun. Her seat mate and only friend, Tzuyu seemed to be eyeing that newbie too. Son Chaeyoung just shook her head and started to read her manga once again, but she cannot stop herself from looking at the direction where Dahyun and her new seatmate. They are conversing, awkwardly so Chaeyoung shrugs her shoulders.

“Oh man, they are coming here act cool! Act cool!!” Tzuyu said as she is panicking because Dahyun and Sana are coming on their location, it is their lunch break.

“Anyong!” Sana greeted in a cheerful manner.

“Aa- - “ Tzuyu is trying to say something but she just could not so she just ended up nodding and Chaeyoung nodded too as an acknowledgment.

“So Sana, this is Chaeyoung she is a very lazy person who does not do her homework so better not hang out with her,” Dahyun commented, she is teasing Chaeyoung again, the latter just rolled her eyes and went back to the manga she is reading. “AW!” Cheayoung shouted. “You were introduced to someone! You should acknowledge them, when will you learn manners?!’” Dahyun shouted. Sana was shocked on what happened and she gulped, now she knows that she needs to follow Dahyun no matter what.

“Aish - -“ Chaeyoung threatened to hit Dahyun.

“This is Tzuyu, she is also a foreign student, their family migrated here because of a business so she can also assist you if you need anything,” Dahyun said after threatening to hit Chaeyoung again. Tzuyu lost her tongue in front of Sana so she just smiled widely. “Let’s go grab some lunch so we can get to know Sana more and assist her,” Dahyun said as she pulls Tzuyu and the girl cannot be more excited. “Chaeyoung! Move your !”

“I don’t want to – aw aw aw” before she can refuse her ears are being pinched by Dahyun pulling her to go with them. Sana is surely talkative and Tzuyu is just nodding, agreeing on everything that Sana said. She thinks this is stupid. She just sits there silently and look at them there were things that her eyes could not miss, she seemed not to like it whenever Sana and Dahyun’s elbow would touch, or whenever Sana and Dahyun would say that they both like one thing, they have a lot of similarities and that bugs Chaeyoung more, she would make herself believe that she will finally be free from the irritating Kim Dahyun but there is something inside her that bugs her.

Days had passed and Dahyun is still the irritating person she is, but this time whenever she bugs Chaeyoung, Sana would be beside her to chuckle and laugh. They hang out in the coffee shop sharing their spot is no longer just theirs, it becomes the spot of the four of them somehow Chaeyoung could not explain how she hates it. Dahyun will still order her to do things but this time, whenever Chaeyoung refused Dahyun does not try harder, like this time when.

“Chaeyoung put your manga down and taste this new chocolate recipe that JYP made this is brilliant,” Dahyun said giving her the fork. Chaeyoung’s ears perked, she long to hear that demanding and controlling voice, she smiled inwardly.

“I don’t want to, I told you to –“

“Mind my own business. Okay fine.” Dahyun said putting the fork down and just asking Tzuyu and Sana to taste it. Chaeyoung’s eyes widen she nearly choke on that behavior, Dahyun is supposed to hit her but the older girl just surrenders in no time.

“Did you want the chocolate cake?” Tzuyu asked whispering to Chaeyoung as she saw the girl’s expression.

“NO!” Chaeyoung shouted that every customer in the store looked at their table she is mad at Tzuyu for no reason. “Chill man, I was just asking,” Tzuyu spoke and she is gulping. Chaeyoung glared at her and then to Dahyun then go back to reading her manga.

One thing that changed is that Dahyun is not tailing her anymore rather she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter