End

He's really not that bad

"Girl, tell us what happened," Nayeon started as soon as all eight girls finished settling down. All eyes turned to the girl in question, and followed by whispers and chanting of 'tell us'. 

"Oh, we just played in the rain yesterday, and I caught a cold, nothing unusual," the sick girl stated, her voice raspy because of the cold. Except, everything she said was unusual. 

"You played in the rain?" Momo asked, clearly confused by her statement. Mina just nodded, also confused as to why the others were confused. She just played in the rain, what's so weird about that?

"But the black swan doesn't like getting wet!" Sana chimed in. The other girls cheered her on, saying things like 'Mina playing in the rain is the funniest thing I've ever heard', and 'You always watch from the sides if we play in the rain'

"I don't dislike getting wet, and it's nice to let loose once in a while" Mina tried to refute only to hear the girls whine in disbelief. 

"Girls, people change, you know," Jihyo tried to calm the situation, and Mina agreed wholeheartedly, "With the influences of other people, that is!" Dahyun added. The girls started to get excited, immediately assuming that she was with a guy.

"She was with someone else?" Tzuyu asked, clearly lost with where the conversation is going, "I don't know! But Mina said 'we played in the rain' so there must be another party in this story." Dahyun concluded, and Mina mentally facepalmed at herself, how could she have been so careless?

"There was no one with me yesterday," Mina lied, but jokes on her, nobody believed her cute little lie. Mina used to be a good liar, but the cold must've gotten to her.
The 8 girls started to chant but were quickly hushed by Jungyeon saying that Mina could get a headache from all the noise. But the girls were still curious, so they chant once more, this time in a much smaller voice.
But the sick girl kept shut, refusing to spit out a name, knowing she'll be the object of tease for the next week. So the girls randomly shout a few names, but Mina kept her poker face on. 

"Koo Junhoe!"  Nobody managed to get a reaction from her until Chaeyoung shot through her heart by just uttering one name. Mina's poker face completely disappeared only to be replaced by a pair of blushing cheeks and a small smile. The girl didn't realize that her poker face is gone until teasing can be heard. And once again, Mina curses her cold for her dulled senses.

Immediately after, she hid her face under her blanket, only revealing her shy eyes. "Are you two going out?" "How long has it been?" "How far have you two gone?" questions like these were shot and all she could do was look down in embarrassment, and shake her head. With each passing question, her head sunk in lower and lower and by now, you could only see the crown of her head.

Until one question made her look up. "Wow, I can't believe you would date someone like him, did he bribe you or something?" the question came from Dahyun, and it was more of a joke than anything, but Mina can't help but take it to heart. Laughter from the other girls only made it worse, nobody was commenting on how rude that joke was, instead, some of them even agreed with the joke. 

Jihyo, on the other hand, managed to notice that Mina is somewhat upset. "We don't mean  it like that, we're just joking, Mina," but this didn't really soothe the sick girl, she was still upset that they would make a joke like that.

But her disappointment grew when her friends started saying things like 'Junhoe seems like a typical jock, it's best you stay away' and 'he doesn't fit you at all, Mina, you're better off with a gentleman, not with scum like him'. She knew they weren't very fond of him, but she didn't think their opinions of him were this bad, maybe it's the cold doing stuff to her, but at this moment, she felt really down. Because they're missing out on a really great guy.

This time, it was Nayeon who sensed her disappointment, "Again, we don't mean it like that, we just that think that Junhoe's going to break your heart, dear, and we don't want that, do we?" the girls cheered, and some were saying sorry for their harsh words, but Mina's still upset no matter what.

"He's not all that bad, you know," Mina muttered under her breath, obviously peeved by her friends' opinions. 

"Then, what is he like? In your point of view?" Tzuyu tried to make her feel better, and though the difference isn't significant, there is still an improvement to her mood. 

"Junhoe's really not that bad," she started, feeling excited to prove to the girls why they are wrong.

"He's not the nicest person ever," her voice was rough and raspy from the cold, and every word she's uttering hurts, but she continued, "and he's not that patient either," the girls moved closer to her bed, just as excited as the girl, because for the first time since they've met, this is the first time she's talking about a boy this excitedly. 

"He's very straightforward," Mina frowned "and therefore may seem rude," she paused to recall the memory she had with him "but I promise he's trying to fix it," there was a slight pause before Mina corrected herself "He promised" she nodded to herself, satisfied of her own correction. 

"He's still such a child, but he's eager to learn," she said looking down, a small smile starting to appear, "he's shy, so there's not a lot of people he can learn from," 

"But we both seem to learn from each other, and every day is a new exciting experience, he keeps on surprising me"

"He may not seem like it, but he can be really caring," she giggled at the memory of him forcing her to eat before her play because she had seemed pale, "but he's really awkward at it, so you have to give him a chance,"

"He's misunderstood a lot, and though he claims he doesn't mind," again, she was reminded of that time he hid away his emotions "he actually does mind" but Mina can read him like an open book, but chose not to push him any further. 

Mina's eyes started to droop, and she yawns before continuing "I know very well you girls don't believe me," the girls were quiet, no one could deny the truth that they still don't trust him. "but please," her eyes are already closed by now, and the only thing that's moving are her lips.

"Trust me on this one, because..." Mina yawns, "because I..." she yawns once again, "I..." she yawns for the last time before saying something inaudible and then quickly falling asleep.

The girls sitting around the bed looked at each other, still contemplating whether or not they should give him a chance until an unsuspecting visitor barged into the room, and lo and behold, it is none other than the man himself, Koo Junhoe.

Everyone was surprised except for Mina, and Junhoe was quickly hushed by the girls, afraid Mina would wake up. He blushed, embarrassed by his own impatience to see her, but forgot everything once he looked at the sleeping beauty sleeping so soundly on her bed. 

Unknowingly, his legs began to move closer to the bed, and his lips twitched into a smile. Relieve flood over him, and at that moment, nothing else mattered, not his basketball practice, not his fatigue from running to her house, not anything. Except for Myoui Mina sleeping on the bed with a calm expression despite her burning forehead. 

The remaining girls gave each other one last glance before leaving the room. Everyone knew that just this once, they could trust the guy, and not because Mina told them to, but because he seems genuine enough about her.