Please don't leave me again

Don't Leave Me Again(One Shot)


"Sorry, but I don't love you. Everyone, listen up! Kim Younha has made a confession which I had rejected. Let's give her a round of applause for her courage!" The senior turned to me then. How dare he humiliate me in public! What do I see in him? I have been such a fool. I was going to give him a slap when he sauntered away, leaving me angry and speechless. All the love I had for him for many years now turn to disappointment. I should have listened to my friends! He's not what he looks like. I have been deceived by his good looks and fake gentlemanly behavior. He's just a stupid and mean airhead. I can't believe I had loved him before! My face must have looked full of disgust, because my friends, Hyun Mi and In Yu, both started trying to cheer me up.

"We hate to tell you this, but I told you so! He's just a piece of junk" I don't need cheering up though, I felt happier than I had ever been in a very long time. "Let's go to the karaoke! To celebrate that I'm not stuck with that piece of junk!" my friends were very surprised at how quick I had accepted his rejection and finally seen him clearly. But they were very relieved to have the old me back and not the whiny and gloomy me when I was preparing to confess to him. I kept my head high throughout the school, and whenever someone snickered or said something about the rejection, I just said to them: "I'm glad he rejected my confession. I just found out he is a piece of junk" To my satisfaction, he seemed furious at me badmouthing him, and just said to anyone who would hear that I'm just too overwhelmed that he had rejected me. Not that anyone give him any notice. They were too caught up in my change of heart.

To my astonishment, when I reached my locker, there was a long line of guys waiting there for someone, with gifts in their hands. Must be some popular girl! It's not even Valentine's Day yet. Wonder who is it? As I walked closer, all of them turned towards me. The guy nearest to the locker said loudly for everyone to hear. "Youhna, I love you and would you be my girlfriend?" He holds out a bouquet of roses. I turned to the rest of them and asked: "All of you…had been waiting for me? All of you liked me?"

There were 9 guys in total, and all were good-looking guys. They all nodded at my question. I take some time to get over my shock and compose myself. "I'm sorry, but can all of you give me some time to think over? There are 9 of you after all, that's the largest number of guys that had ever confessed to me." They gave me the gifts and their contact details and left. Why had I become so popular? Did I do something heroic or something? I don't remember doing something that would make guys fall head over heels in love with me. But to tell the truth, I sort of enjoy the new attention guys are giving me. Your lost for rejecting me then. I thought when I passed by the senior I had confessed to.

Most people seem to dislike him so they were more than happy to have me finally wake up and realized it. The girls were awed that I'm being so cool about the rejection while the guys like my way of thinking. Funnily enough, him rejecting me seem be the best thing that ever happened to me. All sorts of good things happened to me, and I was at the highest peak of my popularity. There was now a large group of boys who be eager to help me whenever I needed help, and all were very cute looking guys, juniors AND seniors. "Hey,Young Mi! Why not introduce some of the guys that are interested in you? They're so cute!" Hyun Mi and In Yu tease me.

"Not to worry, they're going to the karaoke with us! We can get to know them then." For the whole of High school, everything was smooth sailing for me, and I graduated school with high marks and a "Miss popularity" award to go with that. But underneath it all, I didn't change at all. I still have strong feelings for the senior, but it is disgust and dislike. The 9 boys that had confessed to me became my best friends. They went on and became idols, forming a group named ZE: A. I didn't see that senior again, and I heard from In Yu that he had moved house.ZE: A and me grew further and further apart as they were getting busier with their rising popularity.

But one of them didn't give up on contacting me. His name is kim dong jun, he was the only one who went to all the same schools as me so we were the closest. I was walking along a street during christmas when I saw someone familiar. He was walking towards me but he haven't seen me yet, he was too engrossed in texing someone. Wow he seem so tall now. I was about to walk away when a guy knocked me down. "sorry!" he shouted before hurrying away again. My photo had fallen when he knocked me down, and I bent to pick it up. But someone was quicker than me. "This must be yours. Wait…Isn't that?" I looked up to see Dong Jun looking at the photo with a surprised expression. Then he looked at me.

"Younha? It's been so long!" before I can reply he hugged me happily. He feels so warm and soft. I want to stay like this forever. He returned me my photo. It was a photo of all of us taken before all of us went to different schools. Dong Jun has his arms around me in the photo. I liked the photo a lot so I carry it around with me. "Yeah its been so long." I replied to him a bit shyly. The thing is I had a crush on him for very long, and I kept it to myself.

We started chatting and catching up on everything. I feel very relaxed and happy talking to him. "After we debut, I don't see you a lot and you eventually disappeared…why's that?" "I went overseas to work for a few years. It was very sudden. Sorry." He gave me a bright smile then "No, it's ok! As long as you're here now, it doesn't matter!" His words were so sweet. It was snowing and I felt very cold. I shivered and Dong Jun noticed it and quickly wraps his scarf around me. "Are you warmer now?" I nodded and we walked on in silence. We reached the park and sat down on a bench. He took my hands suddenly and said "Younha, I…still love you. Those feelings had never left me since high school. I know this is sudden but I don't want you to suddenly disappear again. I must say out all this before I regret and it's too late."

I was so happy that he said that. I said out all the hidden feelings I had for him. Both of us beamed at each other. "would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" we started having a snow fight, and after that we walked off hand in hand to see the other ze:a members. They were very happy for us and admitted that the day I was gone Dong Jun was panicking and very anxious. "sorry for making you worried dong jun…"

"Just don't do that again ok?" he put my forehead to his. I spend the whole day at ze:a's dorm, just like the old times. Hyun Mi and In Yu arrived and I found out that Hyun Mi and Kevin is dating while In Yu and Si Wan are a couple. I'm happy for them just as they were to me. We enjoyed the dinner filled with laughter and cheers.