--drabble

The Jung Uncles

“Say hi to Hyuna and Seohyun for me. Tell them I miss them a lot.”

“I will,” Jaejoong smiles, voice quiet as he peers behind him. The girls are idly munching on biscuits, Hyuna noticing him and beaming brightly at him. He grins in response, wiggling his fingers before he returns to the phone, “I’ll call you later, hm?”

“Yeah. I have to go the after party as well.” Yunho’s voice sounds so disinterested that it makes an amused giggle fall out of Jaejoong’s lips. His boyfriend had never really enjoyed parties, he always preferred to go home instead and relax after a successful concert—maybe have a bath, maybe watch a movie, not exactly socializing.

“Alright. Bye,” Jaejoong murmurs, and hesitates for a brief moment before childishly making a kissy noise. Yunho pauses from the other line and laughs, which fades away into an amused and fond chuckle. He returns the little noise, making Jaejoong smile in a pleased, joyful manner, before they say their goodbyes and their cheesy, whispered I love you’s.

It’s always a challenge to not appear as if he is the world’s happiest man every time he hears Yunho’s voice. He bites his lip and tries to force on a more simple, relaxed smile onto his face as he walks over to the two girls. He sits down, and Hyuna’s immediate response is to tug on his shirt. He chuckles as he lifts her up onto his lap, patting the space next to him for Seohyun to sit at. The girls have always been very competitive, challenging each other on who can get more of Uncle Jaejoong’s attention. He finds it endearing that they love him that much, but he knows there is one person who they will fight even harder for.

“Your uncle Yunho said hi.”

Seohyun drops her biscuit as she scrambles up and towards him, Hyuna gasping with delight. Jaejoong leans back into the sofa with a smile as his sister shakes her head amusedly from the side as she snaps a few pictures, the two girls looking as if Christmas had arrived early. “Uncle Yunho? Where?” Hyuna’s kneeling on him, patting his shoulder with her eyes wide and full of excitement.

He feels bad to disappoint them as he points to his pocket where his phone lies. “Phone call,” He answers, and Seohyun tugs on his shirt, not quite understanding. She had only heard the words Uncle Yunho and that is more than enough for her. Jaejoong chuckles and points to his pocket again. He lifts Seohyun onto his other side and speaks, “He said he misses you both very much.”

“So he’s not here?” Hyuna’s happiness deflates immediately, her eyes shimmering with tears and she curls around him, lips tugging into a longing pout. Jaejoong winces because he knows she’s about to cry. He soothes her, fingers combing out her hair as he presses a kiss upon her forehead.

“No, he is not. But you will get to see him soon, I promise.” He murmurs. Seohyun is distracted, her mind steering away from the conversation as she grabs at Jaejoong’s pocket. He slides his phone out and hands it to her. She stares at it blankly but seems pleased with herself as she leans back against her uncle’s chest and fiddles with it, her chubby fingers touching the screen in awe. Jaejoong is relieved that there isn’t double the tears, as he tries to comfort the very disappointed Hyuna who sniffles up him.

The girl pauses for a moment before pushing herself off and landing on the floor. Seohyun stares after her and decides she wants to do the same, attempting to follow her. Jaejoong chuckles and carefully places her down, and she stumbles for a moment, eyes blinking up at him. He raises an eyebrow and her eyes narrow in response, touching his cheeks. He finds it too amusing, laughing softly. Laughter that fades into a fond smile as his eyes sweep towards Hyuna.

The girl seems conflicted on what to do. She’s sniffling and rubbing at her eyes, feeling quite upset that her other uncle isn’t here. Jaejoong stands up and walks towards her, crouching. “What do you want, dear?” He holds onto her tiny little hands that grip back in response. She blinks her wet eyes at him and pouts slightly.

“Uncle Yunho.” And then she pauses, whispering shyly, “A-and water.”

He grins, kissing her forehead as he stands up, swiping off a bottle of water on the table. He crouches back down and opens the lid, smiling at Seohyun who watches them curiously from over by the chair. “Here you go,” He says gently, holding out the bottle in both hands. Hyuna steps closer and adorably leans forward to sip from the bottle, making his heart melt inside. He can’t get rid of the smile on his face as she drinks, and once she’s certain she’s quenched her thirst, she leans back and wipes away the remaining tears on her face.

“Come here,” He closes the bottle quickly and scoops her into his arms, giving her a tight hug. “Uncle Yunho will see you soon, okay?” He whispers, and she pauses for a moment before nodding, seeming more relaxed now. He stands up and lifts her, the girl’s arms wrapping around her back as she rests her head on his shoulder. In one hand she carries her special Jaejoong headband, and in the other a zip lock bag, containing a card she and Seohyun had made especially for uncle Yunho. They didn’t want it getting bent or creased, so uncle Jaejoong had suggested to put it into a bag.

Jaejoong notices the card and smiles, kissing her cheek. He had absolutely adored the letter and pictures that Hyuna had sent him earlier, and he knows Yunho will love his card even more. If it’s one thing that makes his boyfriend happy, it’s the reminder of the two little angels who harbor great love for him. Jaejoong still remembers the first time he had introduced Yunho to the girls—he couldn’t tear the man away from them for a few hours. Yunho was already so attached.

Seohyun walks over to them, tugging at his pants. He bends down to pick her up as well, and Hyuna sighs softly as she murmurs, “I miss uncle Yunho.” Seohyun nods despite not understanding Hyuna’s muffled words.

“I know girls,” Jaejoong smiles, kissing each of them. “I miss him too.”

Yoochun walks in that moment just to giggle at the cheesiness. Junsu’s loud laughter bubbles through the hallways and the girls get distracted immediately, heads raising. Jaejoong just smiles.

 

A/N: at what word count do you guys consider something to be a oneshot? i feel like drabbles are super tiny.. but this isnt long enough to be oneshot. so i just put it as a drabble hahahaha

(i wrote this before GFF 2015 so... just imagine my reaction when i saw actual real pics of yunho and seohyun together!!! and a fanacc that said he played with her T_________T my heart. the feels. <3)

thank you for reading!!! i love all your comments :D <333333333333333333333333