End

The Queen of Fighters

Sinner's quick note:
So, I at fighting and writing and writing fights. Beware. Also, this is very King of Fighter-esque, so... yolo.
I'll also edit and correct the typos later, for now enjoy!


Words: 2k


 

 

A few beers down the woman’s stomach was not going to stop her from brawling tonight.

 

The fresh air of the parking lot and the excitement of a fight was ten times better than staying inside with the overwhelming smell of cigarette and booze, all heated up.

 

Kang Seulgi, famous street fighter and hotshot--given nickname, by fans--was cracking her knuckles, hearing that delicious creaking sound of the leather of both her jacket and her fingerless gloves. She began to bounce on the balls of her feet, being thankful that she had worn the fighting boots that night and her ol’ and trustworthy black jeans. Only thing that had passed by her head was the white crop top, that while no one was complaining about the delicious sight of her abs, it was giving her cold shiver after shiver.

 

But no matter, after all the fight was going to take care of that.

 

People started to come around, staying out of the unspoken zone of battle. However, her opponent was nowhere to be seen, and she was starting to get impatient. It didn’t take long before the crowd started to cheer the coming of a small pack, a woman included in there.

 

Her opponent.

 

Damn, ain’t she pretty today’ Seulgi smirked, crossing her arms and staying still in her spot as she saw the woman walking up to her.

 

The satisfying click of her boots as she walked through the dirty parking lot floor was nothing compared to that mischievous smirk in her porcelain and frail looking face. White jeans hugged her meaty and muscular thighs just right, giving a clear view of the outline of her body, hip chain hanging from the belt, black T-shirt and white jean jacket. But no gloves.

 

“Bad idea to wear white, Bae,” Seulgi teased as the woman was up to earshot, watching her stop and laugh. “It’s going to get all dirty.”

 

“I doubt it. You can’t fight without fire, Kang,” Bae Joohyun teased, cracking her knuckles and wrist as she spoke.

 

They were both notorious rivals in town. Anyone who knew about underground fighting or street fighting knew about these two. They were enemies and both carried the same talent and abilities.

 

They both had fire in their veins, they created the fire. Both girls loved to play with fire, and loathed the other.

 

“Enlighten me?” Seulgi said ever so confidently before raising her dainty looking hand covered in leather. With a snap of her fingers, a spark was visible and in the blink of an eye, flame had emerged from her lifted index finger. It wasn’t just any flame, but a very vibrant colored one, bright yellow and red dancing together. It was more than fire, it was power.

 

The pun was beyond absurd, making Joohyun’s eyes roll before she shook her head. “I dare you to fight without your flame.”

 

The crowd started to get by the cars, with their bottles of beers, shouting and chanting and a lot of talking on their side as Seulgi’s eyebrow twitched up in response.

 

“No flame for this brawl, both for you and I,” Joohyun cracked her neck, before getting into fighting stance, ready for any sudden attack.

 

Seulgi chuckled and blew air into the flame, making it disappear. “As you wish, doll.”

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes for the nth time. ‘Call me that one more time…’

 

Then, Seulgi got in stance as well, the crowd suddenly cheering wildly as she mentally prepared herself to avoid using the flame and breaking the spoken pact. She knew she could get heated into the fight, the flames within her body igniting the real fire. But composure was necessary, those were the rules of the street.

 

With eyes bore into one another, two pairs of beautiful brown eyes, they just awaited for one to attack the other.

 

It did not take long before Seulgi launched her fist right towards Joohyun’s face. As quick as lighting, however, as it was per usual with the porcelain doll, she managed to dodge it and let the girl hit the air instead, counter attacking with a blow to those abs of hers she decided to show off.

 

With a pained sound, she jumped back and out of the pale woman’s range, clutching her stomach very briefly. Soon enough chuckling and approaching with a flying knee that Joohyun couldn’t avoid, letting it inevitably collide against her body and make her fall on her back to the ground.

 

“Told ya, it was going to get dirty!” Seulgi walked backward, knowing that if she was in close range, she’d be the one on the floor.

 

As if nothing happened--because it kind of didn’t--Joohyun stood up and took no time to be the one to launch the next attack. A short combo of punches were dodged, except for the last one that managed to hit Seulgi’s side.

 

Simultaneously they both retracted, Seulgi hissing a little at the hit, awaiting for each other’s blow. They took the time to delight themselves in the animated crowd cheering for the both of them, just waiting for something more hardcore.

 

“C’mon, Kang!” People cheered behind Seulgi.

 

“Make her regret coming here, Doll!” Someone behind Joohyun said.

 

“I swear--,” Joohyun turned around to shout. “Don’t call me Doll--Woah!” Her sentence was cut by that impeccable shoulder pushing her back to the ground face down.

 

“Ouuuch!” Seulgi teased, starting to bounce around Joohyun in circles. “Did that hurt, Doll?”

 

Joohyun once again went back up on her feet and this time waited patiently for Seulgi’s strike.

 

With a wink--or an attempt of a wink--she attempted to hit her once again in the face with a jab.

 

I did say attempt.

 

Joohyun merely moved to the side, smoothly like the wind and let an uppercut right up Seulgi’s chin do the work. As Seulgi merely clutched her chin, Joohyun’s push kick to her stomach launched her right to the ground.

 

Now it was Seulgi’s back landing against the cold and dirty parking lot as the crowd cheered, Joohyun smirking and walking backwards.

 

That was actually the first time in a while Seulgi had gotten knocked down to the ground that way, so seeing the beautiful dim stars was something new. But in no time she had gotten up and wiped the bits of dirt in her bare stomach, laughing softly.

 

Now this was a good fight.

 

Joohyun lifted her index finger and motioned her to come forth, taunting her with a sly smirk.

 

The fire in Seulgi’s veins was starting up, which wasn’t a good sign for the settlement previously discussed but nonetheless, she charged forward and threw punch after punch, a haphazard combination she had put together in her mind last minute, but to no avail, Joohyun was managing to swiftly escape each blow, like the Muhammad Ali of street fighting. After all, that was Joohyun's well known forte.

 

‘Damn it, stay still!’ Seulgi groaned to herself, finally jumping back and retreating, impulsively lighting her clenched fist with that distinctive fire of hers, which caused the crowd to gasp. She then threw the fireball to the ground and a straight trail of fire started to rapidly come towards the pale woman.

 

“Oh ,” Joohyun said as she jumped out the way and rolled over the ground. The people behind Joohyun moved back significantly even if the Fire trail had stopped short.

 

The smell and the heat were palpable by this time, both sides of the audience cheering powerfully as Joohyun kept her distance. “We said no flames, Kang!”

 

Seulgi chuckled, shrugging her shoulder and getting into fighting stance again which did not last long. Unstoppable and powerful fire kept coming out of the infamous Iron fist of Kang Seulgi running forth to Joohyun, and with that momentum she launched herself upward while her body spun beautifully, creating an almost ethereal spiral of flame; flames which Joohyun’s face swiftly avoided, her torso was not so lucky.

 

She jumped back feeling that hot sensation on her, like an almost invisible slash across the stomach, the shirt not severely burned but hot and mildly scorched, watching the woman land on her two feet and jump back immediately, ready for virtually anything.

 

Kang may have broken the rules, but the flames were not lethal, evidenced by the almost intact t-shirt. They were mostly aura charged flames rather than the real fire she usually produced and was so famous for.

 

‘I underestimated your fairness, Kang,’ Joohyun smirked, standing straight.

 

What they did not know was that, at the bar, now significantly silent, someone had called the police--talking about a fight breaking out in the parking lot with supposed knifes being pulled out. Everything was said to get the cops involved and on the scene quicker than ever. This fight was going to be over sooner than they had anticipated, as the patrols started to inch closer, their lights too bright, alerting drivers ahead of the emergency.

 

In no time the sirens were heard from afar.

 

“Oh no!” Said someone in the crowd, alerting both fighters with scorching flames in their fists.

 

“The cops!”

 

No one even thought about it for more than five seconds, or even nanoseconds, fleeing to their cars and dissipating from the scene as quick as possible.

 

The rivals shared a glance amidst all the chaos, people running from side to side, getting into their cars and back inside the bar. Such a pity that a great encounter like this one was cut short by someone snitching to the cops about a merely friendly encounter. With a very suggestive smirk and a twitch of her eyebrow, Joohyun lifted her fist and blew cold air into it, putting away the flame, mimicking the way Seulgi does it after a fight.

 

Seulgi watched with a similar smirk plastered on her lips, staring at the woman from head to toe before she watched her turn away and walk away very calmly before beginning to jog, subsequently run and disappear at the turn of the corner.

 

“Maybe later, hmm?” Seulgi said to herself and began to run at the opposite direction, unclenching her fist and letting the fire slowly go away until there was nothing. In no time, Seulgi was gone from the scene, just like the rest of the people.

 

It had been a wild night of drinking, playing poker and not to forget that glorious encounter. Who would’ve thought that two rivals would find each other in the same bar? No one thought it, and when they saw Joohyun enter to the bar and challenge Seulgi to a fight, everyone was in shock. Except Seulgi.

 

The night had gotten a little colder, the heat of the fight had long since disappeared when Seulgi hid in a warehouse for a good thirty minutes until the coast was clear. Now, she waltzed alone in the sidewalks on her way to her apartment, her hands dug on her pockets and her head high and confident. Minding her own business she walked right past the entrance and into the dark alley next to it.

 

“Finally,” A voice said as a petite figure emerged from the dark, instantly grabbing Seulgi from her collar. “What took you so long, hottie?”

 

“Hiding, Joohyun,” Seulgi laughed softly, letting her hands fall on the smaller girl’s waist. “You don’t want your big girl in jail or do you?”

 

“Pfft,” Joohyun snorted, pulling Seulgi closer against her body and leaning up, their lips merely a few millimeters away. “I doubt you’d get jail time for that.”

 

“I’m not willing to test that.”

 

“Good, instead you’ll end up in the hospital,” Joohyun teased. “Doll? Really? In front of everyone?”

 

Seulgi laughed and shrugged her shoulders. “I couldn’t resist,” she pauses to wrap her arms tighter around the woman. “You kind of are like a doll.”

 

“This doll almost kicks your .”

 

“As if, I was definitely winning!”

 

“By breaking the rules?”

 

“You broke them last time.”

 

With that, Joohyun just shut Seulgi up with a very firm kiss. A very hypnotizing one at that. When they pull away, Seulgi is a little awestruck, her lips as if to taste the remnants of her lover’s flavored lip balm.

 

“Who did what last time, Seulgi?” Joohyun asked, sounding innocent.


“I-I broke the rules,” Seulgi said, nodding her head rapidly, which earned the approval of the so called doll. “And I broke the rules now.”

 

“That’s what I thought. And for that, I believe… you deserve a little punishment?”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened but her smile widened. “Is that so?”

 

“Yes, now…” Joohyun grabs Seulgi’s wrist, smirking devilishly. “Don’t get too heated.”

 

They both laughed.

 

“Baby, we both are playing with fire, you know.”