Perfect (P2)

Open Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Perfect

     After years, two past lovers are reunited. The end result, is one neither ever wanted.
     Type: Multi-Shot | Angst |

Original Request:
     Jeti reunite after being unofficially seperated when GG disbands and then meet up later on down the road after not keeping in touch.  

     The ending is your choice.

-*REQUEST*-
-*So a few people asked for a continuation of this and I felt it deserved one so... here goes nothing??*-
-*Also, this particular part is more of a exposition giver so it's important, but not y if thats what you're after ;)*-

Tiffany sat in the CEO’s office for what felt like hours. Of course, only a few minutes had passed due to the CEO’s tardiness, but Tiffany could’ve been easily fooled if not for the repetitive ticking of the desk clock in front of her.

She hadn’t been told what the meeting was about prior to coming, but she had a good idea what would be discussed. The grave looks her managers gave her were particularly telling. This could only concern one thing, Jessica. TIffany could only think of one thing in her life that had recently concerned that individual.

When the CEO came in, Tiffany couldn’t even meet his eyes. Her head stayed bowed without much want to do anything else.

“Based on your current reaction, I assume you’ve heard what this meeting is about.” A shiver travelled through Tiffany when she heard him speak. It was without a doubt certain that she’d been correct concerning the content of this impromptu meeting.

“I regret that you’re so upset with me, but I’m afraid I don’t have a choice in this matter.” That surprised Tiffany. What did she have to be upset with him about? It’s not as if he’d punished her yet or anything. The timing of the phrase caused too much confusion for Tiffany not to raise her head.

The CEO had his back turned to Tiffany seemingly staring into the distance from the large window behind his desk. This allowed him to miss the look of confusion that sat on the face of the one he was addressing.

“You have to understand though. With her rising popularity, we can’t afford to have her exist outside of her hands anymore. It might seem strange at first, but I’m certain things can return to like they were before.” The CEO’s words continued to confuse Tiffany. It was as if he’d forgotten who was in his office and was instead talking to be someone else.

“I don’t know what you mean sir.” Tiffany finally spoke, but her words barely came out above a whisper. Thankfully, the CEO was still capable of hearing her as he turned with a look of confusion now settled onto his face.

“Excuse me then. You actions when I entered made it seem as though you’d already been informed of my decision.” Tiffany leaned forward at the mentioning of a decision being made. Somehow, leaning forward seemed like the fastest way to understand the meaning behind that statement.

“Ah right, you still don’t know what I’m referring to.” The CEO chuckled to himself before sitting down into his chair and settling before looking back at Tiffany. “I’ve decided that you and Jessica will partner to create a song. It will be a reunion of sorts and we expect it to…” The CEO continued to speak, but Tiffany drowned him out. Her mind had been stuck on the mention of Jessica.

“Tiffany. Tiffany?” Finally her name reached Tiffany’s ears and she looked up to see a look of concern painted onto the CEO’s face. “Are you alright?” Tiffany nodded her head vigorously before ceasing the motion and paying attention to everything that the CEO was saying.

Apparently, Jessica’s recent appearance at the awards show had been no accident. Supposedly, SM had ended their block on her in favor of buying out the small company she’d been under for the past three years. The merge hadn’t gone public yet, but the collaboration between Tiffany and Jessica was meant to be the beginning of a new era for SM and the ill-fated singer they’d exiled years before.

Tiffany was beyond shock by the end of the meeting. How was it that she’d managed to create a scandal for a duo that she hadn’t even known to exist yet? To think that she’d now have to partner up with Jessica once again just after everything that had occurred.

Almost immediately after the meeting came to a close Tiffany found herself in her car staring mindlessly into the parking garage in front of her. It was as if no time had passed between now and three years ago and she was back to fearing that the true nature of herself would be revealed once more.

No matter how many times Tiffany attempted to rearrange it in her head, nothing about the situation seemed to make sense. It was as though she was simply in the middle of a nightmare that she couldn’t manage to wake up from.

As she thought about it more, the more she realized that being alone in her car was only scaring her more. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through her contacts until she noticed one in particular.

Without thinking, she immediately dialed Taeyeon and ceased breathing as the phone rang and rang. She started to worry that no one would pick up, but when the ring tone hushed and a small click was heard, Tiffany released a sigh of relief.

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany’s voice cracked as she spoke and although no tears fell, she could tell that they were welling up.

“Tiffany? What’s wrong? Are you alright?” Taeyeon sounded groggy which made Tiffany feel bad calling her while knowing that her schedule was so hectic at the moment, but just hearing the voice of her friend managed to comfort her slightly.

“I ed up. I ed up so badly and it's only getting worse and I don’t know what to do Tae.” Tiffany was now allowing tears to fall from her eyes. The paths they made felt as if they cut into the skin they crossed. With every tear, Tiffany felt as though a piece of her fell too.

“Where are you? I can come get you.” Taeyeon seemed wide awake now. Though her voice was still laced with a hint of sleepiness, the alertness it carried outweighed the other.

“No. No, I’ll come to you. Are you at your place?” Tiffany managed to sniffle back a few tears in order to settle her voice and buckle her seatbelt as she put Taeyeon on speaker phone. She had always been good at concealing things when she needed to and driving didn’t exactly feel like the best time to be blinded by tears.

“Yeah, I’m at home. Just come over and I’ll get some food and we’ll just have an "us" night alright?” Tiffany agreed with a hum before hanging up the phone and taking a large breath. She attempted to center herself and when her best had been achieved she sped out of the parking garage.

When Tiffany arrived at Taeyeon’s house, she barely made it through the door before collapsing onto the floor. The tears she’d pushed back before came even faster than she'd expected and if not for Taeyeon rushing to her side, she might have passed out.

After a while, Taeyeon managed to help Tiffany to her bed and make her comfortable while she went to get some food. Whenever Tiffany got like this, she wouldn’t talk until she was ready, so it was just better to keep her distracted until she was ready to deal. Taeyeon knew this from extreme amounts of practice.

Taeyeon and Tiffany sat for hours watching random channels that popped onto the TV from the comfort of Taeyeon’s bed. Taeyeon was extremely care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter