Happy Birthday Jihyo Unnie

Leader X Maknae: A Series of JiTzu Oneshots
 
 
Summary: Because she still had a special something for a special someone.
 
 

 

 

It was a peaceful Wednesday morning in South Korea. Outside, the sun shone brightly, lighting the chilly winter skies as a light powder of snow descended from the clouds above. People bustled about trying to get to work on time, some well rested and some still slightly exhausted from the recent Seollal festivities. 
 
The same could be said for the girls in Twice's dorm, all still in a deep sleep, bringing a certain tranquility to the usually noisy dorm. That silence however wouldn't last much longer as the members began waking, all ready to celebrate a special day for a certain special member.
 

--------------------------------------
 

The tall maknae stirred awake from her slumber, peeling her eyes open as the rays of the morning sun and the loud ringing of her alarm clock assaulted her senses. Slowly stretching out her long limbs, she blinked away the sleep. Drowsily reaching over, she grabbed her phone, intending to put the alarm on snooze but the date written in the corner caught her eye.
 
February 1st. Jihyo's birthday.
 
Immediately she could feel the sleep disappear, her eyes widening and her body shooting up as she reconfirmed the date. How could she have forgotten such an important day? Sure, the girls were used to being busy, but with the arrival of the Lunar New Year in addition to their schedules, things have been twice as hectic causing them to lose track of time. Besides,it wasn't as if she had forgotten to get a gift; she was just worried on how she would present it.
 
Climbing out of bed, Tzuyu crept past her sleeping roommates and out of her room, making her way towards the leader's bedroom. Peeking through the gap in the door, she was surprised to see that the other three occupants of the room were missing. Shrugging the thought away, she moved towards Jihyo's bed, slipping under the covers and wrapping her long limbs around the older girl's waist, careful not to wake her.
 
Tzuyu allowed her gaze to fall onto the small figure wrapped protectively in her arms, her lips curling into a smile at the sight of her girlfriend's sleeping face. Large dark eyes hidden behind the shut eyelids, a small button nose, soft chubby cheeks and those pink kissable lips. Oh, how much Tzuyu wanted to kiss those lips.
 
Unconsciously, Tzuyu leaned forward until their faces were inches apart. She could feel Jihyo's light breathing against her face and it took all her willpower to not close the gap. Just as their lips were about to meet, she hesitated, not wanting to take advantage of her sleeping girlfriend. She sighed, retreating slowly but was stopped halfway. Her eyes widened as a pair of lips captured her own before pulling away.
 
"Good morning," Jihyo giggled, her voice hoarse from the sleep, eliciting a smile from the younger girl. "Morning unnie," Tzuyu greeted, her grip on the girl tightening slightly. Jihyo nuzzled in closer, resting her head against Tzuyu's chest, hands clumsily searching for Tzuyu's through the haze of sleep.
 
"You're up early," the older girl said, yawning as she spoke, her fingers intertwining with the younger girl's. "Well, it is a special day after all," Tzuyu answered, her grin widening at the leader's cuteness. "I wonder what day it is," Jihyo replied, her voice carrying a mischievous undertone.
 
"Happy Birth—"
 
The door slammed open, cutting the maknae of mid-sentence. The remaining seven members came barging into the room, jumping onto Jihyo's bed, creating a human pile and crushing the two girlfriends, a chorus of 'happy birthdays' breaking the silence of the dorm.
 
"Thanks girls," Jihyo said, laughing as the members smothered her with kisses, much to her girlfriend's jealousy. Tzuyu pouted, having wanted to be the first person to greet the older girl. Jihyo noticing the pouting girl, signalled her to move closer, pointing at her cheek. 
 
Shaking her head, Tzuyu moved in for a kiss but switched direction at the last second, pressing her lips against Jihyo's lips instead of her cheek. The leader glowed a bright red, blushing furiously and smacking her lover's arm as the Twice members erupted in cheers. And Tzuyu was satisfied, seeing her girl so happy first thing in the morning, but she still hoped to get at least some alone time with the older girl on an important day like this.
 
After all she still had something special to gift the older girl.
 

--------------------------------------
 

After a hearty breakfast courtesy of the group's managers, the nine girls headed towards the JYP building to practice for their concert. 
 
Tzuyu chuckled as she watched Jihyo run ahead of the group, her eyes full of childlike amazement at the posters put up in honour of her birthday. She watched as the older girl happily snapped a photo of herself in front of the building to post on social media and thank the fans before they stepped into the building. 
 
"Unnie, I have something to tell you," Tzuyu said as they walked. "What is it?" Before Tzuyu could reply, loud cheers erupted as they opened the practice room doors, drowning out her voice. "What were you saying Tzuyu?" Jihyo asked, unable to hear the younger girl's voice over the noise. Tzuyu however simply shook her head. "Never mind, I'll tell you later." Unfortunately for them, this marked the beginning of their separation for the rest of the day.
 
Upon entering the practice room, Jihyo was flooded with greetings and gifts from the older members of JYP Nation of who, had decided to prepare a surprise for the girl that they've watch grow up into the loving adult that she was today. The members could only stand back and watch in amusement as Taecyeon and Jo Kwon dramatically sobbed, claiming how their baby sister was all grown up as the others could only shake their head in embarrassment.
 
Catching Jihyo's frantic gaze, Tzuyu tried to make her way towards the older girl who also tried to sneak towards the younger girl. Grabbing hold of the leader's wrist, Tzuyu dragged the girl into a nearby room while everyone else was distracted. Closing the door behind them, Tzuyu turned, only to be greeted by Jihyo's body pressed tightly against hers in the tight space.
 
"Finally we're alone," Tzuyu sighed, pulling Jihyo tightly against her, her fingers playing with the leader's brunette locks. "You said you had something you wanted to tell me?" Jihyo asked and Tzuyu nodded, clearing as she searched through her pockets.
 
"Unnie, I have something for —"
 
"There you are." The door opened, revealing a grinning Nayeon and a cheeky Jeongyeon standing close by. "We were looking everywhere for you two," Nayeon said, dragging both girls out of their hiding spot. "What were you doing in the closet? You don't have to hide from us you know?" Jeongyeon teased, wriggling her eyebrows at the blushing duo.
 
"What were you looking for us for?" Jihyo asked gazing at the floor, unable to meet the other's gave. "Oh, Jihyo-ah, you have a video call," Nayeon replied as they walked back to the practice room. "A video call? From who?" the leader asked quizzically, having no idea who would call before a familiar voice called out.
 
"Jisoo-yah."
 
"Sunye unnie!" Jihyo shouted, running over to greet the older girl. Tzuyu sighed, her plan once again disturbed, the small box seated heavily in her coat pocket. Thus she decided that it would be better to just hand over her present later, when she can definitely ensure that there were no more interruption.
 

--------------------------------------
 

The girls finally found some time to themselves later that night. 
 
After a hectic day of opening presents, celebratory parties and what not, the duo found themselves alone in each other's arms on the rooftop of their dormitory. Tzuyu breathed in the scent of Jihyo's hair as the older girl laid her body against hers, finding comfort in the silence they shared. Their position reminding them of their confession and first kiss on the same spot.
 
"This place always reminds me of how you confessed to me," Jihyo spoke, breaking the silence. "I think that's the first time I've seen you so nervous. You looked as though your heart would leap out of your chest from how hard it was beating." Tzuyu laughed at the memory. "I thought so too," she replied as Jihyo faced her. "That's what you look like right now too. So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" Jihyo asked, a hand cupping the maknae's cheek.
 
Is my nervousness that obvious? Tzuyu thought as she shifted awkwardly. She could feel the box in her pocket,weighing her down slightly. Glancing at her watch, she checked the time. 11.59. The day wasn't over yet. She still had  time. She had to do it now otherwise she might never find the guts to do it again.
 
Noting the anticipation on Jihyo's face, she pulled out the box before speaking."Happy Birthday Unnie. Although I couldn't be the first to greet you, it's better late than never right?" Tzuyu said, handing her gift over to the older girl. Jihyo raised an eyebrow at the box in hand, remembering that she had already received a gift from her earlier. "Open it," Tzuyu mumbled nervously and so she did.
 
Opening the box, Jihyo was greeted by the sight of a simple silver ring with their initials engraved on it, the jewel encrusted metal reflecting the moonlight making the ring look more beautiful than it already was. "Tzuyu-ah," Jihyo gasped in surprise, her eyes watering as her heart hastened. 
 
"Do you like it? It's a promise ring," Tzuyu said, nervously scratching her nape. "I know it wouldn't be easy for us in the future if our relationship was ever revealed. Our careers would be at stake and we may never be allowed to be together, but I don't think I can imagine myself being with someone other than you. So even though we can't get married for real now, this ring is a promise that one day when all this is over, I will make you mine."
 
"Even when I'm old and wrinkly?" Jihyo asked, her large eyes tearing, staring at Tzuyu in wonder as the younger girl slipped the ring onto her finger. "Well, you already have the old part down," Tzuyu joked, only to receive a slap on the arm. "You're terrible," Jihyo said with a laugh, burying her face into Tzuyu's chest as she cried in joy. "Why did I say yes again?'
 
"Because maybe the amazing Park Jihyo and the beautiful Chou Tzuyu were just meant to be," Tzuyu replied, fingers tilting Jihyo's face so that their eyes met. "Happy Birthday Jihyo unnie." And, they kissed each other with much fervour. The moon and stars the only witnesses to the love and passion they had for one another.
 
 

A/N: Happy Birthday to Twice's One and Only Leader, Park Jihyo!!! And a Happy Belated Lunar New Year to all those celebrating!!!

Firstly, I apologise for the occasional slow update, been busy with CNY stuff and also with school. Secondly, I apologise if the story seemed a bit rushed. I have been having some issues with my writing lately.

Anyways, thanks for all those who commented and subscribed. If there are any request or if you feel as though I need to improve on something, leave it in the comments below. Thanks for reading.