1/2

• s a u d a d e •
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sehun wakes on a cold bed with a throbbing headache and a sore back.

“You’re awake,” sounds a soft voice from his bedside. Sehun glances up to see a young man with wide eyes and a small smile adorning his lips.

“I missed you, Sehun-ah,” the beautiful boy whispers. Sehun’s headache worsens slightly, heart clenching at the way his name rolls off the pink lips of the young man.

“Where am I?” he mutters, and the boy shifts in his seat at the bed’s side slightly.

“You’re in the hospital. Bad accident, apparently. How are you, Sehun?”

The small male is watching him intently, and Sehun squirms slightly. His headache pounds harder, insistent against his skull.

“Wha‒ why am I… who are you?”

His vision is turning white at the edges, blurring like an old photograph, and his head feels like it’s been filled with cotton balls.

He shakes his head slightly, causing a dull ache to course through it. A corner of the doe-eyed boy’s lips quirks up, and he rises from his chair with a soft rustle.

Sehun struggles to sit up, gazing up at the boy sluggishly.

“I’m Luhan, I assume you can’t remember me,” he muses, tilting his head at Sehun, opening his mouth for a split second as if he longs to say something, before closing it again and shaking his head. A soft sigh escapes his lips, almost inaudible.

“Rest well.”

He gives Sehun an unreadable gaze before stepping out of the room gracefully.

The buzzing in Sehun’s ears grows louder, and his vision begins to ripple, distorting and twisting like an old horror movie. The entire room seems to be tilting, and he grabs onto the sheets, twisting them in his fists tightly. The pounding in his head is almost deafening now, and his face is hot. Then everything slowly fades to black.

 

 

 

 

~

-

~

 

 

 

 

When Sehun wakes again, he’s still in the same stale hospital room, and this time there’s a handsome man with tanned skin and warm chocolate eyes by his bedside, one hand resting on the bed and intertwined with Sehun’s, and the other propping his face up on his leg. He wears a tired expression, but his eyes brighten almost immediately when he sees that Sehun is awake, and his plush lips split into a wide smile.

“Oh my god, Sehun-ah, you’re awake!” he jumps to his feet, wrapping his arms around Sehun tightly and letting out a sigh of relief. His faint scent of citrus is pleasant, but Sehun flinches away slightly, unsure of how to respond. The man pulls away, smiling before leaning in to press a firm kiss to Sehun’s lips. Suddenly, the room feels suffocatingly small, and heat spreads through his body like wildfire.

“Wh‒who are you?” he asks quietly, not meeting the dark-skinned man’s eyes. He physically sees the tall man wince flinch at his question, and there’s a soft sigh.

“I was told this might have happened. I’m Jongin, your…”

Jongin trails off, unsure of how to word the next sentence. He simply opts to hold up his left hand silently, the gold band that adorns it twinkling in the harsh hospital lighting.

Sehun frowns, still disoriented.

“...I don’t understand what that’s supposed to‒” he cuts off at the sight of a slightly familiar doe-eyed boy behind the door, peering in through the small round window. Luhan is just outside the room, gazing through the circular window with a forlorn expression on his face. Sehun follows his gaze down, down, leading all the way to his own hand, and the similar golden ring that adorns his fourth finger. He blinks, staring at it for a few moments before looking back at Jongin

A light goes off in Sehun’s head as realisation sinks in.

“Oh.”

Jongin gives him a sad smile.

“Yeah. Oh.”

Sehun opens his mouth, unsure of what to say now. He opts for instead looking back at the circular window to see Luhan, only to find him long gone. His gaze returns back to the ring on his finger, and his vision blurs slightly again as his headache returns with a vengeance. His ears are buzzing again.

“I think,” he mumbles numbly, feeling a tingling ache of fatigue spread t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter