1/1

(I Was Born) To Tell You I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A WKorea EXCLUSIVE Interview with One of Today’s Ultimate Pair!

Longtime-Couple and Recently-Enagaged

young Director Kim Jongin

and

Idol-turned-Actress-and-Model Jung Soojung.

Brace yourselves folks! You are in it for a very romantic ride!

 

 

[We interviewed the couple separately at first.]

 

Question: How was the first meeting? Did you immediately like each other? Were there fireworks going off?

Jongin: (chuckles) I first met her during the premiere of [actor Do] Kyungsoo hyung’s movie, Pure Love. I am a great fan of Lee [Eunhee] Director-nim’s works so I was there… it was her [Soojung’s] manager unnie who introduced us, and Soojung was in skinny jeans and a simple band tee. Very laid-back; which I happened to like. (smiles) But I couldn’t shake her hand for the reason that she had cheese all over them. It was a simple hi and hello. Then that was it. I found her cute though. (smiles again)

Soojung: No, if anything it was a very brief encounter; a ten-second conversation. [pauses] It was Kyungsoo Oppa’s movie premiere. I am his number one fan. Not only because we are under the same agency, but I really admire his acting ability. Anyways, I was in the event wearing casual clothes because I went there not as a celebrity but as a fan, and I remember I was eating [cheese-flavored] popcorns during the movie, so [Jongin] Oppa was not able to shake my hand when we were introduced. (chuckles) I thought I didn’t make any sort of impression on him. If I knew I’d meet the love of my life that night I would have worn a couture gown with full make up on. (laughs heartily)

 

Q: So, how did it go from there?

J: What followed after that initial encounter were series of bumping into each other and we’d have a simple hi-hello in passing. I didn’t make a move yet or asked for her number, but I also didn’t hide that I find her pretty and interested in getting to know her.

[When we pressed on for more details, the handsome director shyly continued.]

J: One of the PD-noonas [Park Sooyoung] I was working with that time had previously worked with Soojung, and PD-nim noona gave me [Soojung’s] her number.

 

Q: [to Jongin] What did you text her?

J: [pauses] I think I said, “Annyeong, this is Kim Jongin, the one you met in Do [Kyungsoo] sunbae's movie premiere.” (chuckles) Or something as lame as that.

 

Q: [to Soojung] How did you react when you received that text?

S: I was surprised. I didn’t know he was interested in me. (laughs) I was deeply flattered.

 

Q: [to Jongin] Obviously you received a reply, and when you did, were you like, ecstatic, thinking that could be it? The start of a relationship?

J: No.

[When we got flabbergasted, he laughed and explained.]

J: Because it took her three days to answer me back. (chuckles)

 

Q: [to Soojung] Did it really took you days to reply?

S: Yes. (laughs) I was playing hard-to-get, didn’t want him to think I was too eager. But I honestly didn’t plan for it to take three days. But I really got busy and too late to realize it already had been three days.

 

Q: [to Jongin] Did you get the impression she might not be into you?

J: No. (chuckles) I just thought she must be very busy.

[He laughed harder when we told him he’s a really confident man.]

 

Q: [to Soojung] Did you think he was the one?

S: Yes. (nods with a loving look on her face.) In the seven-years that we’ve been together, he knows and I know, that Oppa was the least of my priorities. He came in third to my family and work. But despite that [Jongin] Oppa stayed. He proved to me that true love waits, and he really waited for me. So I wanna thank him for enduring everything. For being patient and understanding….

[We were completely swooned that Soojung point

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter