; the boy who likes to be photographed

Through The Lenses

warning: this was rushed. hope you enjoy! x

Kyungsoo loves to be photographed.

 

The shutter sound of the camera was reverberating the enclosed room along side with the few praises of amateur photographer Kim Jongin, or as he would like to be known as Kai.

 

Kyungsoo is a paradox. Strong statuesque but lifeless eyes. His cuteness is his fierceness. Jongin knew instructions were not needed with the older. Kyungsoo knew how to execute a pose. Even if he was just standing there, you will be nailed from where you stand just by the piercing stare. Do Kyungsoo had that effect on anyone, and when he flashes a smile, it lights up the entire country.

 

Today, Jongin had in mind to shoot some skin. He had the consent of Kyungsoo, of course. They covered half of Kyungsoo’s body with several shades of gray - making him look half God statue and half human.

 

This was the y side of Do Kyungsoo.

 

Jonging and Kyungsoo in a college party hosted by Park Chanyeol - the latter’s bestfriend although Kyungsoo does not want to admit. The two bestfriends were just chatting when Byun Baekhyun - Chanyeol’s boyfriend - interrupted the both of their chat to introduce his friend - Kim Jongin.

 

“Hey, guys!” He shouted over the loud music. “This is Kim Jongin. Freshman.” He introduced.

 

Baekhyun then winked at Kyungsoo before pushing the poor freshman towards him and left by dragging Chanyeol out of the scene to do God knows what.

 

Kyungsoo knew all too well what that pink-haired devil was up to. Baekhyun tried to let this poor freshman get entangled with Kyungsoo’s mess. All he could do was sigh and shake his head as he observed the poor little lamb, eyes wandering like a prey in a room full of predators.

 

So, Kyungsoo decided to be a little respectful and tried to make a decent conversation. The freshman might not be a little bad - he was actually handsome.

 

“Hey, Jongin.” He tapped the younger on the shoulder, alerting him. “Wanna go grab some drink?” He spoke near his ear. Jongin nodded in response and made Kyungsoo start to think maybe he was mute. Nah, much better than my nagging exes, he thought. Kyungsoo’s emotions were reserved and contained. He does not really like expressing what he feels unlike his two bestfriends Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were extremely expressiv, Kyungsoo was just not like that.

 

He liked to keep things himself. It was better that way. The less involved, less damage, was his principle.

 

Finally reaching the counter, Kyungsoo helped himself and Jongin a drink. “Are you mute?” He spoke again on his ear while handing the red cup to the freshman. Stupid insensitive question, he thought, but it was too late to take it back, wasn’t it?

“No.” Jongin finally spoke. “I am not really a fan of loud and tight places. Makes me paranoid.” Kyungsoo could feel the cool from Jongin’s breath - he probably had some mentos or some before coming in, probably assuming he would be making out with some girl.

 

“What are you doing here then?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“My roommate Jongdae invited me to come, I was a bit hesitant, but…”

 

Jongin trailed off, but Kyungsoo thought it was just the music making him not hear what Jongin has to say. “but what?” Kyungsoo shouted, drawing closer to Jongin, their shoulders bumping.

 

“but it is actually kind of cool.” Jongin said, a meek grin painted on his face.

 

Kyungsoo took pride in his bestfriend’s party, thinking someone as shy-looking as this freshman would actually bloom in this party.

 

“Of course.” Kyungsoo raised his cup in the air. “Chanyeol does make a mean party.” Kyungsoo grinned, proud.

 

“Do you want to dance?” The younger asked which Kyungsoo just waved off.

 

“Sorry, Jongin. I don’t really like to dance. Maybe someone else, okay?” Kyungsoo gave Jongin a friendly smile - Jongin did not like to feel as if Kyungsoo was condescending him but…

 

Kyungsoo took a small sip and gave Jongin a wave before turning his back on him and walked out from his sight, but Jongin did not want to waste this one time chance. He believed that there was a reason why he felt compelled to accept Jongdae’s invitation to come to this party.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo, wait.” Jongin shouted over the loud music, jostling his way through the throng of dancing bodies. He found Kyungsoo by the door, probably to exit.

 

Jonging got a hold of Kyungsoo by the elbow and tugged him to turn around. Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder to see that freshman from minutes ago, looking like a prey with those wide yearning eyes. Definitely, a freshman.

 

“What is it?” Kyungsoo’s eyes were droopy and gloosy and he had that goofy smirk on his face. Jongin thinks he is tipsy.

 

“It’s a bit loud here. Can we go someplace quiet? I really want to know you.” If Sehun, Jongin’s bestriend, could hear him right now, he would have been given a medal for being so courageous.

 

“Oh, Jongin.” Kyungsoo turned around to face Jongin. Here again with that condescending tone. “You do not want to know me, but I could bring you to someplace quiet.” Kyungsoo had this devilish grin on his face, but Jongin, being the oblivious one he is, did not notice.

Turns out that “some place quiet” was actually Kyungsoo’s dorm room. They had to climb a tree, which scared Jongin to death he already recited a reconciliation prayer in his mind. “Probably the luckiest dormer, eh? Got the window beside a tree. Very convenient, no?” Kyungsoo said, after dusting off his palms and pants.

 

Jongin, sweating bullets and heaving from the near-to-death experience. “Yeah. Very convenient.” He said, sarcastic.

 

 

“You’re being overdramatic. It was just a short climb.” Kyungsoo coaxed him as he took off his shirt, leaving him shirtless in front of a prey.

 

 

“Easy for you to say.” Jongin tried to count the moles on Kyungsoo’s body, but he was cut off when Kyungsoo turned his back on him. His mind was blaring emergency warnings but he did not mind it, trying to listen to the pounding of his heartbeat.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo told him he asked his parents to have the room for himself because it was a bit inconvenient for him to have a roommate. His room was plain simple. Just a bed, a lamp and a study table, a closet, a nightstand, and some posters of 80’s famous singers.

 

Kyungsoo plopped to his bed on his buttocks and tapped the space on his right. “Come, sit here, Jongin.” He offered which the younger easily agreed.

 

 

“So, Kim Jongin…” Kyungsoo broke the minute silence. “what do you like to do?”

 

Jongin could not deny the way Kyungsoo’s eyes piercing against his, luring him into his spell. This was a bad good idea, Jongin believed, but life was about bad good ideas, right? Jongin calmed himself and willed to look away from Kyungsoo’s eyes.

 

“I love to take photos.”

 

That seemed to strike Kyungsoo’s interest.

 

 

“Really? What kind of photos?”

 

 

“Anything. Sometimes an idea just pops into my mind and voila!”

 

 

There was a minute or so silence when Jongin felt a cool breath fan on his ear. “Jongin.” Kyungsoo whispered to which made Jongin jerk from his seat and shiver.

 

 

“I loved being photographed.” Kyungsoo said with a tinge of playfulness in his voice. “Lucky to find a photographer.”

 

 

“Look at me.” Kyungsoo said, his voice as light as the night breeze. Like a siren calling, Jongin look at those deep irises again. “Take a photo of me someday, will you?” Kyungsoo smiled, but not that happy kind of smile, but somewhat melancholic.

 

 

 

Jongin was about to say a response when suddenly Kyungsoo’s lips were pressed against his. Soft lips pressing against his, as if it was trying to gently to mold itself within the shape of his. Wildfires erupted as their tongues danced in a manner where Jongin could not fathom. It was a dance he did not know but he craved so baldy for it awakened things in his body - something that has never been there before.

 

 

Jongin was already breathing heavily by the time Kyungsoo pushed him gently to lay down before continuing to ravish his mouth with his tongue, peppering butterfly kisses here and there.

 

As Jongin was trying to reach for Kyungsoo’s pants, the older took hold of wrist, breaking the kiss and said, his breath hot. “I’m sleepy.” Kyungsoo averted his eyes and rolled off of Jongin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

let me know what you think :)

it has been a long time since I've written a fanfic, so there's probably some rust there or maybe even more hehe pls do bear with it. :) thank you! Don't forget to vote for EXO on MAMA.