Prep for the Journey

Will You Trust Me?
Chapter One
Prep for the Journey

He dragged you out of his house with all his might as you resisted. "Joon! Please don't do this to me!"  you shouted with tears dripping down your face. He didn't answer and successfully dragged you outside where a group of men dressed in black surrounded a big white van. "Joon! Please, I love you.." you said lowly almost as a whisper but loud enough for him to hear. He cold heartedly threw you outside the gates. You felt as if you were the last rabbit to a hungry pack of wolves. Some of them gripped onto your hands as their leader walked towards you with a white cloth, intending to make you inhale whatever that was in it. 

"NO!"

You woke up from your bed with beads of sweat across your forehead. This dream always comes back to haunt you when least expect it. It's not a dream. It's a reminder not to trust anyone. You looked over at your digital alarm clock on the night stand. "6:29, just in time." you turned off your alarm since it was going to ring at 6:30 anyways. You one lamp in the living room to keep the electricity bill from going up so high. You did your daily morning routine and left for work. First stop for you was the cafe down the street from where you lived. You left your stuff in the employee locker room and started your shift. The cafe was always full but mostly men trying to get at you. Your manager always praised you for the customers you attracted to the cafe but you hated the attention and you hated standing out. You looked out into the wave of men in the cafe acting as if they hadn't just been staring at you.

The next thing you knew a lousy group of boys around your age walked into the cafe. You rolled your eyes at how boisterous they were. You felt it was quite rude. They all sat down at the lounge area.

---

"Will you stop trying to squeeze your towards me? There's so much room on that side. Do you like me or something?" Mingyu said jokingly towards Hansol. "Oh please, you think too highly of yourself." Hansol replied with a laugh and smacked him with a menu. "Guys, shut up. Do you guy's even realize what cafe we've entered?." Seokmin lectured. The 5 boys took a look around only to see male customers. "What the hell Kim Taehyung.. Did you just drag us into a gay cafe?" Hansol said as his eyes still searched the cafe. "You guys don't know this place?" Taehyung chuckled a bit at the guys' reactions. Meanwhile, Jungkook was already looking at the menu tuning everyone out. Taehyung leaned in causing the rest of the boys except Jungkook to do the same. "It's the Secret Garden's cafe." Taehyung whispered causing a confusion from the boys. "You were wondering why all the customers here are dudes right?" Taehyung asked. "It's because of the beautiful worker here. She could pass as an angel but she's so cold. All the men here have their eyes on her but she won't give her heart to anyone.." he pointed towards you as you were counting the money in the register, answering his own question. Jungkook sighed "Can you stop making stuff up Taehyung?" Jungkook put down his menu. "I'm not-" Taehyung was cut off at your sudden interruption.

---

"Are you guys ready to order?" you asked and all the boys just stared at you as if they had just been talking about you. One of them stared at you so intensely like a lion stalking his pray. "Hello?" you waved your hand in front of him to get him out of his daze. One of them nudged the other and they all knocked out of it. "Hi my name is Taehyung." he introduced himself "And this is Seokmin, Mingyu, Hansol, and Jungkook." He smiled over at you. You squinted your eyes shaking your head "I didn't come over for a conversation. So when you're ready to order just call me over." with that you left them in awe again.

---

"She's such a badass." Mingyu said in 'awe' as he watched you walk away. "I can't believe it. She didn't even have eyes for you Kook." Hansol said shocked. Jungkook had always been the type to get all the girls. They flew to him in flocks. He was a bit confused when you didn't do the same. "She may be even more bad than Kook. What a heartbreaker." Seokmin said as he rested his chin on his palm and watched you in loving daze. Jungkook scoffed "She's just acting. Are you guys that shallow?" Taehyung gulped "Don't get ahead of yourself now. She's famous for effortlessly making guys fall in love with her and in the end she doesn't take responsibility for it." Jungkook shook his head in disbelief "Do you guys even know who I am? I am the best player there is." With that he called you over, "Waitress!". Hearing this you walked back over to them. You fished out the note pad and pen and waited for their answers. "What's your name?" Jungkook asked. You sighed again frustrated "I'm here to work. I'm not here to make friends." "Then what about acquaintances?" he smiled at you. You were fed up and decided to walk away to get someone else to take their order. As you walked a few feet away he went after you and pulled your wrist back, hard. You turned around at the jerk and were now face to face with him and your bodies were close. He gazed deeply into your eyes and held onto your waist with one hand as your upper body leaned back. This caused attention from the rest of the men scattered in the cafe. 

Now noticing the distance between your guys' bodies you pushed him away and tossed one of your customer's drinks nearby at him. With that you turned away and went back behind the cash register while one of your co-workers decided to deal with them. One of your regular customer's came up to pay. "I see Mr. Playboy found his next victim." Jongin smiled as you were ringing up his order on the register. You scoffed after hearing his statement "If anything he's my victim. It seems I already have his attention." Jongin chuckled lowly and allowed his friends to surround you guys. "Let's make a bet. If you can get him to ask you out within 5 days and a kiss within a week, the gang and I will order everything from the menu without coupons and discounts from the cafe every day for a week. If you can't the gang and I get free coupons and discounts from the cafe for a month." Jongin waved his card in front of you. You scoffed again and looked over at Mr. Playboy's table where he and his friends messed around. "Deal." you snatched his card from him.

---

Jungkook was back at the table with his squad, covered in the smell of an iced coffee while the boys . "I told you Kook. She's not as easy as you think." Taehyung waved a french fry in his face. Jungkook raised his fist as if he was about to punch Taehyung and Taehyung leaned back a bit startled. "I bet you my family's yacht that you won't be able to get her kiss within 2 days." Hansol challenged. Jungkook laughed hard at Hansol's bet. "Too easy. Make it 24 hours. If I win I take the yacht plus your brand new sports car and if I lose, which of course won't happen, you can have my vacation condo in Haeunde and my private jet." he said wiping the corners of his eyes from laughing. He looked over at you back at the register to see you were looking back at him. May the best player win.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, te sed legere ignota abhorreant, eum commodo nonumes et. Pro inermis dissentiet an, ius agam assueverit at. Vix cu tantas persecuti signiferumque, eu nostro accusan vel. Sea ad facilisi eloquentiam.