Those Eyes

Know Your Name

Just like any other night, you went to the dance studio, ready to get out all of your pent up energy. As you climbed the stairs to your favorite room, you thought back on the past few nights' practices. There had been a strange feeling of being watched, though you hadn't seen anyone in the door's window. Maybe tonight you would catch the spy. Or maybe it was all in your head. That was the more likely of the two alternatives.

 

You set up a playlist of  BTS, Boyfriend, INFINITE, and more that you knew the dances to relatively well and jumped right into it. Halfway through 'Before The Dawn' the paranoid sensation came back, but you didn't have time to worry about that- the scorpion dance was next. As you used the momentum of your leg swing to get up from the floor, you took a second to look behind you. Nothing. Shrugging, you finished the dance and started 'Janus,' deciding to just focus on the moves. Crossing your legs and spinning around, you finished dance number two with a "number one to the sky" raised arm, lowering it slowly.

 

'Know Your Name' by Jay Park was next and you started with the first leg sweep after the opening rap. It was going surprisingly well, considering you hadn't been learning this one for long. You struggled a bit with the footwork and even more when you noticed someone finally came in behind you.

 

You stopped dead in your tracks, knees awkwardly bent and one heel on the floor. A short guy with dark hair and chocolate eyes was in the doorway wearing a snapback, a tank top, and jeans. You knew this boy, but never thought you'd actually get to meet him like this. It was Jimin. Park Jimin just casually walked in on your practice like he owned the place.

 

He grinned, quickly coming to stand a bit behind you and to your left. "Don't stop! The good part is coming up!" You blinked and caught up with the dance. 'Just meet me on the floor I will give you a show' You stumbled while standing back up, but he caught you and just kept going right into the chorus.

 

As the chorus wrapped up, you decided to just go for it and walked forward, taking the part of the girl. Jimin followed along as the guy perfectly, somehow staying a half step away from you the whole time. This was the first time you nailed the leg sweep and spin; that gave you the confidence to do the embarrassing hip swirls as he stood behind you. You gratefully moved back and now Jimin was in front for a change. Half skip with the left leg, then extend the right, and down; left, and down. Your thoughts walked through it subconsciously and you just moved along, coming forward again for the body rolls. You both moved to the left as you swirled down to the floor, kneeling before standing back up. You finished the girl's part by strutting away then came back next to Jimin for the chorus again.

 

It was so much fun. Especially the copycat arm movements just before the bridge of the song. Then the two of you just messed around during the long notes, slowly getting closer to each other.

 

As you transitioned into the girl's part of the dance for a second time, the two of you walked around each other. Dancing so close together, almost touching but just tantalizingly far enough away, as he reached forward and you stepped back. You stepped back again and did a counterclockwise turn. 'Leg sweep, two, three, four' you counted it out in your head. It was almost over...You stood there, one hand on your hip and flicked your hair out of your face. You looked Jimin in the eyes before touching his chest lightly as you walked in front him, just like the choreography called for. You grinned, pleased that you didn't make too many mistakes or trip over your own feet too drastically.

 

But instead of letting you get away, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. Turning to look at him, you realize it was silent in the studio except for the sound of the two of you catching your breath.


"So," he asked, grinning slightly "do I get to know your name?"

 

A/N: Hi~ Sorry this is kinda short. I think it's cute, though. Please let me know what you think!