Coffee Love #1 (JungHoon / Namjin)

Coffee Love V

 

Coffee Love #1 - Home Coming
Word Count: 2,675

Date in Chapter: 2017 December 24

Note: First chapter of the season! Christmas Eve. 

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jungkook is always thankful for all of his friends, but if he had to choose the ones he was the most thankful for, it would be Hoseok and Yoongi. They’re pretty much family to him now that Rome married Hoseok’s sister, but they were like family even before that happened. Even on a non-serious day like Christmas Eve, they won’t let Jungkook stay at home without Jihoon being there with him. That’s why they invited him over today.

“Have you heard anything about when Jihoon will be coming home?” Yoongi asks as the three of them sit in the living room, playing video games together. They’ve gone from Mario Kart to Just Dance to other Nintendo games because Yoongi complained that he didn’t want to switch systems just to switch back when they decide to play another game.

Jungkook and Jihoon had just talked this morning before Jungkook came over here. That phone conversation didn’t go well. Not that they fought or anything, but Jungkook didn’t hear any news that he was particularly excited to hear. “He said that he’s not going to be able to come home until the second week of January.” Jungkook says.

“Just think it’s not that far away.” Hoseok says, trying to cheer the younger up, but it doesn’t help.

Jungkook agreed to coming over here so that he could get his mind off of the fact that this will be the first time he’s not spending Christmas or even the New Year with Jihoon. “No, I know it’s not far away.” Jungkook says. He promised himself that he wouldn’t cry, but he’s a little more sensitive now than he’d like to be. “But it’s after our anniversary, and I’ve only seen him once since he left.” Jia was kind enough to let Jihoon come home for Chuseok, but that was only for one week, and it seemed to go by in one day. He takes in a shaky breath as a few tears fall from his eyes. “Letting him go was the worst decision I ever made in my life.”

“You know, the end of the year is quite busy for those in the fashion industry.” Yoongi says. “It’s the start of the winter season, and there are lots of end of the year award shows that he has to attend. I’m sure he’d much rather be here right now, but he can’t just come home.”

“I don’t see why he would want to stay there if it meant never having time off to come home.” Jungkook complains. “He wasn’t here for my birthday, and he wasn’t here for his birthday. He won’t be here for Christmas or the New Year, and I’m tired of him missing everything.”

“Then why don’t you take the time to go visit him?” Hoseok suggests.

As if Jungkook hasn’t thought of that. He couldn’t during the semester because he had classes, and he can’t now because he has work. Besides, there’s another problem, too. “I don’t have enough money to fly over there.” Jungkook admits.

“I’ll buy the ticket for you.” Yoongi offers. “You can think of it as your Christmas present from us, and I’ll make sure you’re in France in time to celebrate your anniversary with Jihoon.”

Jungkook shakes his head. “I still have to work.” He says. Honestly, he just can’t accept something like that. He thinks that Yoongi is almost too generous sometimes.

“Seokjin hyung will let you off.” Hoseok assures him. “Just tell him why, and I know he’ll give you time off.”

“If he doesn’t, he’s the biggest in the world.” Yoongi says. “And I know he’s not the biggest in the world.”

“Guys, I can’t accept—”

“It’s settled then.” Yoongi says, completely ignoring Jungkook’s refusal. “We’re going to Seokjin’s place tomorrow, so ask him about it then. If he lets you off, I’ll buy your ticket, and you’ll be flying to Paris before the end of the week.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        This is probably the most exciting Christmas that Seokjin has had in a long time since it’s going to be Jinhee’s first Christmas. No, Jinhee isn’t going to remember it when he’s older, but it’s still a very special day. It’s sure to be the most memorable Christmas to Namjoon and Seokjin since they’ve been together.

Jinhee helped out a lot this year. Or, he tried to at least. His help was more of making a mess while Namjoon and Seokjin tried to decorate the house. He had been throwing ornaments all around and getting himself tangled up in Christmas fairy lights. He did successfully put the topper on the tree, however, which really impressed Seokjin. Of course, Namjoon had to pick him up for him to be able to reach the top of the tree, but Seokjin half expected the topper to be thrown on the ground and broken instead of placed on the top of the tree. He is, after all, Namjoon’s son.

“Jinhee, come here.” Seokjin says, walking into the living room where the rest of the household is. He walks right past Jinhee and straight to the Christmas tree, where he sits down with a box in his hand. It’s a gift from Yoongi, a handmade outfit most likely. Yoongi had given it to Namjoon and told them that they should let Jinhee have it on Christmas Eve. Whatever it is, he probably wants them to make Jinhee wear it tomorrow.

Jinhee starts off crawling toward to Seokjin until he gets about halfway there, where he stops to try to push himself off the ground. Since he’s nearly a year old now, Seokjin and Namjoon have both been trying to work with him to get him to walk, but he never does it. He doesn’t even attempt to take a step before plopping down on his bum again.

Namjoon takes notice of what Jinhee is doing, and he grabs Jinhee’s arms to help him stand up, and he crouches down behind the boy so that he can catch him if he falls. “Go to Jin appa.” Namjoon says, placing a hand on Jinhee’s back to help him stand. Once he’s on two feet, Jinhee steadies himself before taking a few steps forward. He continues walking until he reaches Seokjin, and he stumbles over into Seokjin’s lap. It wasn’t a very far distance, but it was also the first time Jinhee was actually able to walk on his own.

Seokjin sets the box aside, not even having opened it yet, and he picks Jinhee up to pull him into a hug. “That was great!” He cheers, comforting the baby who started whimpering, probably upset because he fell. Seokjin is almost certain he didn’t hurt himself from the fall, so the tears must because he was upset.

Smiling, Namjoon makes his way over to them, sitting next to Seokjin. “Amazing.” Namjoon says, and he takes their son from Seokjin, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He scoots a away, and he steadies Jinhee again. The distance is much shorter this time. “If it’s too hard, just take it in smaller steps.” He says before letting Jinhee go again.

This time, Seokjin opens his arms, and he pulls Jinhee into his lap when he reaches him. He rewards Jinhee with kisses and tickles, and the little one laughs, trying to get him to stop. “Now look,” Seokjin says, reaching behind himself to grab the box again. “This is from Uncle Yoongi. Do you want to open it right now?”

Instead of answering, Jinhee just bounces in Seokjin’s lap. “Yoongi appa!” He cheers, smacking the present.

“No. Not Yoongi appa.” Seokjin says. “Uncle Yoongi.”

Jinhee has been doing well learning everyone’s names, but he seems to think that all of their friend are appa to him. Namjoon says that’s a phase that should pass quickly, and Seokjin sure hopes so. He doesn’t like Jinhee calling everyone appa.

He opens the box for Jinhee. There’s no way a one year old can open a taped up box by himself. Well, he could, but he’d probably rather just play with the box than open it. Inside, there is a cute little reindeer outfit. It’s a one piece, and it even comes with a hood that has the antlers on it. Since Seokjin doesn’t have enough hands, Namjoon takes the box from him and removes the article.

“Look, Jinhee.” Namjoon says, unraveling it so that he can show the kid the whole thing. “Uncle Yoongi made it for you. Do you like it?”

“Mine.” Jinhee says, trying to reach for the clothing. He squirms to get out of Seokjin’s grasp, and he stomps over to Namjoon to grab his from him. “Mine.” He says, hugging the clothing.

“That means he likes it.” Seokjin says, smiling. Jinhee only uses the word ‘mine’ for things that he likes. Even if the thing isn’t actually his.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Taehyung has been trying to come up with some tradition that he and his brother can participate in during the holidays season. They used to just spend the holidays together, but that all changed when Yongguk and Minjun entered the picture. Instead of getting time with his brother alone, they all decided that going out to watch a movie together would be the best thing to do. So dinner and movie is how they spend their Christmas Eve.

As fun as that all is, Jimin had been looking more forward to them getting home for the day so that they can enjoy each other’s company. Jimin spent the day wearing a Santa Claus hat, and Taehyung had been wearing reindeer antlers, so Jimin uses that to start things off.

Once he closes the door behind them in the apartment, he grabs Taehyung’s arm and pulls the younger one back. He pushes Taehyung and pins his wrists against the wall. “You’ve been quite naughty this year, Kim Taehyung.” Jimin says. “So I think it’s time for you to get a punishment.”

Taehyung smirks, and he easily pushes Jimin back to swap their positions so that Jimin is the one with his back against the wall. “I haven’t been naughty. I’m Comet. The perfect reindeer.” He says. “But you one the other hand—”

“You can’t decide whether I’ve been naughty or not.” Jimin snaps, trying to pry his wrists free from Taehyung’s grasp. “The reindeer get no say.”

“Then let me make up for my sins by making you feel good.” Taehyung whispers, pressing open mouthed kisses to Jimin’s neck.

“I don’t really think being sinful is the way to make up for—ah, Tae…” Jimin moans as Taehyung grinds his thigh against Jimin.

“No?” Taehyung asks, a smirk in his voice. “I don’t hear you complaining anymore.” He says, a devilish grin on his face.

“ you, Kim Taehyung.” Jimin says, hiding his burning cheeks in Taehyung’s shoulder.

“I always win.” Taehyung says before lifting Jimin up and carrying him to the bedroom.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        It’s almost three in the morning when Jihoon’s plane finally lands. He was supposed to get here much sooner, but winter storms kept getting his flights delayed. When he finally heard a definite time that he’d be landing in Korea, he gave Yoongi a call to let him know when he should be there. He easily finds Yoongi in the front of the building, and he feels so bad for bringing him out this early in the morning just to pick him up. He could have called Jungkook, but he didn’t think that he’d wake up to the sound of his phone ringing in the middle of the night.

During the ride, Jihoon tells Yoongi all about the good things that happened in France. He admitted that it was stressful being there, and the he liked working at Suga Styles much better. He admitted that he wanted to come home early many times, but he did his best to convince himself to finish the year. Until Jihoon found out that he wouldn’t be getting anytime off to see Jungkook, not even for their anniversary, and that was enough for Jihoon. He was ready to come home. For good.

Maybe he should have warned Jungkook before hand. He considered it because he thought it would be rude to just show up at home without even letting Jungkook know that he was coming. He then reminded himself that Jungkook’s home is his home, too, and it’s not rude for him to come to his own home.

“You didn’t come back just because you missed Jungkook and working for me, did you?” Yoongi asks when he parks the car right outside of Jihoon’s apartment. It sounds more like a statement than a question, like Yoongi knows there’s something Jihoon’s not telling him—and Jihoon only then realizes that it’s the first thing Yoongi had said since they got into the car.

“I told you—”

“I know what you said, but I don’t think that you missing your anniversary has anything to do with it either.” Yoongi says.

Jihoon takes a breath, tears in his eyes. “Being homesick does have something to do with it.” He promises. “But…it’s not the only reason.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” Yoongi asks.

Jihoon sits quiet for a minute. Yes, part of him wants to talk about it. He wants to tell Yoongi about what happened that lead to his decision to come home, but he can’t. “Yes.” He says, but then he shakes his head. “I want to, but I don’t think I’m ready to talk about it right now.”

“Whenever you feel like it, I’ll be ready to listen.” Yoongi assures him. “And you’re lucky that I happen to have a spot open at the company right now. You know, if you want to come back.”

The tears that had been speckling Jihoon’s vision fall from his eyes, and he leans over the center console to give Yoongi a hug. “I know we didn’t grow up together or anything, but I’m glad that you’re my brother.” He says, holding tight on Yoongi as he sobs. Yoongi wraps his arms around Jihoon, squeezing him tight as well. “I couldn’t ask for anyone better.”

As uncomfortable as the position probably is for the two of them, Yoongi doesn’t pull away or push Jihoon off until his crying settles a little. “I’m glad you’re my brother, too.” Yoongi says, but Jihoon doesn’t know what he did to make Yoongi glad to have him as a brother. “Go inside an get some rest. I think Jungkook will be very happy to know that you’re home.”

Jihoon nods, and he thanks Yoongi once more for coming to pick him up before he gets out of the car. He rushes up to his and Jungkook’s apartment, first greeted by Marble who jumps into his arms, excited to see Jihoon after so long. To think that it’s already a year after she was brought home to be their cat.

After giving her some attention, Jihoon tiptoes to his and Jungkook’s bedroom. The younger is sleeping, his arms wrapped around the large bear that Jihoon had bought him just before leaving for France. Jihoon smiles, and he quietly steps over to the bed. “Jungkook.” Jihoon whispers, shaking the younger. He doesn’t stir. “Tol.” Jihoon tries again. Nothing.

Instead of waking him, Jihoon just pries the bear out of of Jungkook’s grasp, and he replaces it with himself. He crawls into bed, placing himself under Jungkook’s arm and snuggling up to the younger’s chest. Surprisingly, he still doesn’t wake up. When Jihoon is settled, he feels Jungkook bury his face in his hair and take in a deep breath before tightening his grip around the smaller one and slightly rolling on top of Jihoon. Jihoon tries saying his name again, but Jungkook still doesn’t respond. He’s still sleeping.

Either way, Jihoon is glad to be back home. There is no safer place in the world, to him, than in his own bed, sleeping in Jungkook’s arms.