End

Finally

Taeyong woke up, jolting out of bed. He sighed, rubbing sleep from his eyes. He was always like this when comebacks were coming up, including NCT Dream's debut. He suddenly froze as he realized something. Comeback. Limitless. 

 

He checked the other side of the room, a smile taking over his face when he saw that it was neatly done. The floor was also empty of clothes that Donghyuck always seemed to throw around. That meant he really had a change of roommates. 

 

Racing out of his room, Taeyong followed the scent of coffee and the hushed voices. As he had expected, he found what he was looking for in the kitchen. Or rather, who he was looking for. 

 

Without giving it any further thought, he ran into the room, surprising the male who had his back him. 

 

"Holy ! What!" 

Taeil laughed. "Good morning to you too, Taeyong." 

Taeyong lifted his face, turning his head to the side to smile at their oldest. "Good morning, hyung!" He tipped his head back, smiling sheepishly at the man he was hugging. "Good morning, Youngho!"

Johnny just shook his head but there was an amused smile on his face. "You can't keep greeting me like this every morning. I'm going to get hurt or worse, spill coffee over your holy kitchen." Johnny said with a teasing smirk. 

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "I know how to prioritize properly. Shut up."

 

Taeil and Johnny laughed at the youngest, resuming their conversation as Taeyong continued to hug Youngho. The Chicago male didn't seem to mind, talking with Taeil easily while rubbing circles on Taeyong's hand. Johnny suddenly coughed, making Taeyong pull back a bit, looking worriedly at the other.

 

Taeil chuckled, finishing his coffee. "Fine, fine. I know when I'm not wanted."


"Aw, don't be like that, hyung. Johnny loves you!" Johnny said playfully, doing a heart with his hand.


"Ew, stop." Taeil fake gagged, turning to leave the kitchen. "Don't let Donghyuck see the two of you here." He reminded, ruffling Taeyong's hair before leaving.

 

Taeyong nodded at Taeil, watching as the other walked out of the kitchen. With a long sigh, Taeyong pulled away from Johnny, only to be grabbed into a hug by the other. Taeyong couldn't help the startled laugh that slipped out from his mouth as he returned the hug. 

 

"Good morning, Tae." Johnny greeted when he finally pulled away, brushing some of the younger's hair back. 

Taeyong grinned at him. "Morning. Again." He chuckled. "You and Taeil hyung are up early." 

"The adults had things to talk about." Johnny said with a shrug, laughing when Taeyong pushed him. 

"You're only a few months older than me. Stop acting so posh and mature." Taeyong grumbled, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, get out of the way. I'm going to make breakfast." 

 

Johnny laughed again but did as he was told. Taeyong bit back a smile as he looked for something to cook. Since Doyoung and Johnny had moved in with them, Taeyong had to get used to cooking for two more people. It wasn't a big adjustment actually and Doyoung helped with the cooking if he was up so it was a good situation. 

 

Johnny started talking about a story he had overheard in the company while Taeyong cooked. Some of the details were obviously exaggerated but still, the leader appreciated it. It felt nice to have some company while cooking this early. He would usually have Yuta or Yoonoh talking to him later on the day but breakfast time was usually alone time for Taeyong. It was a nice change. 

 

"What were you thinkin about hm?" Johnny whispered, making Taeyong jump. 

"Youngho! How many times have I told you not to sneak up on me?" Taeyong exclaimed, hitting Johnny's shoulder.

Johnny laughed, hugging the other's waist. "I've been trying to get your attention for a minute now, silly. You were thinking so hard. What was it about? Is it about how much you have to clean now? Cause I'd say I'd love to help but this dorm is kind of huge. Mark will help you though!" 

Taeyong rolled his eyes, moving around with the other still attached to him. "I already know that Mark is the only one I can rely on to help me clean. It's always been like that." 

"Mark is absolutely fully capable." Johnny smirked. "Besides, the kid has always had hero worship for you. You know that." 

Taeyong's cheeks colored as they always did whenever Youngho about it. "Mark adores all of his hyungs." He argued weakly, knowing the other wouldn't listen to him anyway. "Besides, I was thinking about you." 

"Oh hohoho. What about me hm? My,my. So early in the morning, TY." Johnny teased, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Not like that, you ert!" Taeyong exclaimed, blushing even more. He shook his head, clearing his throat. "I was just thinking of how nice this was. You know, having you here...." 

 

At those words, Johnny fell silent,the teasing smile falling from his face. Taeyong chewed on his lip as he focused on cooking again. He wondered if what he said was too much. Even though he had meant it lightly, the genuine meaning behind them was really heartfelt. Having Johnny here was nice, more than nice really. 

 

Youngho had always been someone that Taeyong looked up to and relied on. Ever since they were trainees, the two of them had a sort of bond that was forged during long hours of practice and even longer hours of talking and worrying about theire future. Taeyong knew that Johnny had been scared of what SM may have had planned for him. Youngho had been a trainee for such a long time and he wasn't getting younger.  The thoughts of what was going to happen on the future would be too much and Taeyong felt honored that it was him Johnny chose to confide in. 

 

"Hey, Tae, look at me." Johnny said softly. 

Taeyong nodded, turning around, finding himself caged by the stove. "Yes?" 

Johnny smiled. It wasn't that full beagle smile that the Chicago male and Ten seemed to share but a small, shy one that Taeyong only saw on rare occasions. "I'm glad to be here too. I'm over the moon by the fact that I'm debuting and especially because I'm debuting with you. That makes it so so much more special." 

Taeyong smiled, standing on his tiptoes to lean his forehead against Johnny's. "I told you you'd make it. I never lost faith in you and now, we're going to be conquering that stage together." 

Johnny chuckled. "I was just so scared, babe. I was happy to see you guys putting your name out there but I wanted it too, you know. I was worried that you'd forget about lil old me as you keep getting more attention.," 

"I could never forget you, idiot." Taeyong assured. He closed his eyes as he felt the older pepper his face with kisses. "I really am happy you're here, Youngho." 

"I'm very, very happy to be here, Tae." Johnny returned. "Now, I wouldn't have to worry about you not taking care of yourself properly when I'm not around." 

"I can take care of myself!" 

"Mhm, sure, which was why Yuta had to call me at the crack of dawn before because you were missing since you fainted in the practice room." 

"That was one time!"

"And the time you insisted on performing even when you had a fever." 

"Donghyuck kept teasing me about needing a firetruck that day." 

Johnny gave him a pointed look."That's because you were burning up." He rolled his eyes when Taeyong pouted at him. "Point is you're at taking care of yourself, babe." 

 

Taeyong noticed the frown marring his boyfriend's features, feeling immensely guilty at the knowledge that he was the one to blame for that. Taking a deep breath, Taeyong put on the brightest smile he had, mentally praying that no one would come in to see. 

 

"But you're here now and I know you're going to take good care of me!" Taeyong said brightly, grinning further when Johnny finally smiled. 

"You bet I am and I'm going to make sure your skinny gets some meat." Johnny said, playfully slapping Taeyong's . 

"Ew,don't be in the kitchen. We eat here for 's sake." Yuta grumbled as he walked in. 

Johnny chuckled. "Jealous so early, Nakamoto?" 

"You wish." Yuta said, pulling Taeyong to his side. "I'm still Tae's samurai." 

"You ain't nothing. And how many times have I told you, you should call him hyung!" Johnny scoffed, tugging on Taeyong's wrist. 

"Is it going to be like this every morning? Because it feels like this is what always greets me whenever I come for breakfast." Doyoung complained, walking inside followed by an amused Sicheng. 

 

Taeyong blushed, tugging himself free as he set the table for the younger ones. Soon enough, everyone was eating breakfast with their manager popping in to tell them all about their schedule for the day. The leader found himself smiling at the prospect of the long day that awaited them. 

 

From across the table, he met Johnny's gaze, the older of the two giving him a win as they focused back on what their manager was saying. Taeyong felt his cheeks heat up but he didn't bother hiding them. 

 

No more wondering what Johnny was doing, no more quiet goodbyes whenever Taeyong had a schedule in another city or even country. Sure, comebacks are hectic, trying to fit everything in one day but Taeyong didn't care anymore. Youngho was with him now. 

--

And later on when they finally said their greeting as a 9 member NCT 127, Taeyong still couldn't hide how happy he was. 

 

"Hi, I'm NCT 127's Johnny." Youngho said, bowing slightly. 

 

Everyone cheered at that with Taeyong being the loudest. Yoonoh was nudging him, probably for being too obvious but it was still worth it. He felt it once again when someone caressed the back of his neck, playing with the small hair there. Taeyong didn't even have to turn to know who it was and he wished that he could lace his fingers with Johnny's own. 

 

Later. It was so much easier sneaking around when your boyfriend stayed in the same dorm. Finally. 

 

~

A.N: this just became word voMit. I'm sorry heoool but seriously i have so much JohnYong feels especially from TY's IG update today. 

 

Lemme know what you think xx thank you!!!