Final

Controlling Device

This happens one day when Junhoe and Chanwoo are alone in the dorm.

Chanwoo is peacefully playing his video game, while Junhoe sits next to him and watches while occasionally stealing a glance at Chanwoo.

Suddenly, they hear a knock on the door.

“Who’s that? Hyungs aren’t supposed to be back yet.”, Junhoe said.

“Go and check.”, Chanwoo said without even looking away from his game.

Junhoe gets up and opens the door. To his surprise, no one is there, but there is a small box on the floor.

“What’s this?”, Junhoe asked himself. He picks up the box and checks it; It clearly said that it’s for Junhoe. “That’s weird. I didn’t buy anything online lately.”, he said as he opens the box.

Once opened, he finds a small device in the box, complete with a manual. He read the manual. It said ‘Chanwoo Controlling Device’.

“Eh…!?”. He is obviously surprised, but he continues reading. The manual said that he only needs to press a button, and Chanwoo’s personality will change completely!

“Yeah, right.”, he said as he walks to the bin, intending to throw the device away. But then, he looks at it, and at the room to Chanwoo’s door. It’s true that he will be happy if he can get more attention from Chanwoo. “Hmm… trying won’t hurt.”, he declared.

He enters Chanwoo’s room again and resumes watching Chanwoo plays games. “Who’s that?”, Chanwoo asked.

“Just someone getting the wrong address.”, Junhoe lied. He then stares at the device, looking curiously at all the button. Finally, he decides to press one of the buttons.

Nothing happen… Oh well, maybe he’s expecting too much…

But suddenly, Chanwoo stops playing games and heads to his bed.

“What’s wrong?”, Junhoe asked.

“I’m too lazy to play…”, Chanwoo answered, sounding sleepy.

“I see… Do you want to do something else? Watch TV, maybe?”

“Too lazy…”

“Eat?”

“Also lazy…”

Whoa! It actually works!

Junhoe stares at the device on his hand. He is impressed, but this is not the personality that he wants. He presses another button.

As soon as he presses the button, Chanwoo gets up from his bed.

“What now?”, Junhoe asked.

“Why are we just staying here doing nothing?”, Chanwoo asked back.

“Because we have no schedule?”

“That’s not good.”, Chanwoo declared. “Come! We’ll practice!”, he said as he drags Junhoe by the hand toward the door.

“Eh… Why?”, Junhoe protested.

“We only live once. We need to spend our time productively!”, Chanwoo explained.

“But we’re supposed to be resting!”, Junhoe still protested.

“How can iKON improves if you have that attitude. We’re practicing, no but!”

Oh no, this is bad. Junhoe frantically looks at the device. Oh right, just press the first button! He presses the first button and Chanwoo stops.

“You know… I suddenly feel lazy…”, he said, releasing Junhoe’s hand and walks back to his bed.

“Phew… I’m saved.”

Junhoe browses the device again.

“Let see what this button do.”

When he presses that button, Chanwoo gets up from his bed again.

“Junhoe~”, Chanwoo called Junhoe with a merry tone.

“Yes, what is it?”, Junhoe replied, re-entering Chanwoo’s bedroom.

Chanwoo gestures at Junhoe to sit next to him. “So, what do you think of the new song Hanbin was making?”, he asked out of the blue.

“Eh…? It’s ok… I guess.”, Junhoe said with hesitation, unsure why Chanwoo suddenly asks him that.

“Just ok? Then what about the other song?”

Junhoe opens his mouth to answer, but Chanwoo already speaks again before he can say anything.

“I guess that’s one is ok too. Hmm… Oh look, the weather seems nice. Maybe we can go out for a walk.”

“Ah, that sounds-”

“Or maybe we can just do something else. Is there any good drama lately? But if we watch, then we need a good snack. I’m sure I still have a pack of chips somewhere… Wait, did I eat that yesterday?”, Chanwoo continued talking to himself, ignoring any attempt from Junhoe to answer.

Too much talking.

Junhoe presses another button.

Chanwoo suddenly stops talking. He turns around to look at Junhoe. “Is it just me or is your face always that irritating?”, Chanwoo asked with a blunt and spiteful tone.

“What!?”, Junhoe startled at Chanwoo’s sudden hostility.

“Get out of my room!”, Chanwoo demanded, roughly shoving Junhoe’s out of his room and slams the door close.

Junhoe didn’t even get the time to react; he can only blink a few times, trying to process what just happened.

“Junhoe!”, Chanwoo shouted.

“Yes…”, Junhoe answered, albeit his voice is full of fear and hesitation.

“Bring me some water!”, Chanwoo demanded.

“Eh… Why!?”

“BRING. ME. SOME. WATER!!!”, Chanwoo shouted, louder than Junhoe has ever heard him.

“Oh no, oh no… This is bad!”, Junhoe said as he looks at the device again.

“QUICK!!!”, Chanwoo demanded.

Junhoe quickly presses another button.

A few seconds after pressing the button, Chanwoo’s bedroom’s door open and Chanwoo appears.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you…”, Chanwoo said, staring on the floor, looking absolutely remorseful.

“Hmm? That’s ok; it’s not a big deal.”, Junhoe said.

Chanwoo looks up, face much brighter. “You’re not mad at me?”, he asked.

“Nope, why should I?”

“Yay!”, Chanwoo shouted in happiness. He even lunges forward and hugs Junhoe, although he quickly backs away when he realizes what he is doing.

“Eh… Umm… Sorry for hugging you… I’m just too happy.”, Chanwoo said, cheeks rosy from blushing.

Junhoe can only blink a few times as he slowly processes what just happened. Did Chanwoo just… hug him!? He looks at the device on his hand. This must be… the cute boyfriend mode!

Jackpot!

Oh, Junhoe then realizes he needs to hide the device away from Chanwoo. He turns around toward his own room.

“Where are you going?”, Chanwoo asked with a cute pout. “Don’t leave me alone.”

“Don’t worry; I’ll be back soon.”, Junhoe explained as he quickly dashes toward his room, hides the device under his pillow, and returns to Chanwoo.

“So, what do you want to do now?”, Junhoe asked.

“I don’t know… What do you want to do? I’ll follow you.”, Chanwoo answered.

“What about watching TV?”, Junhoe suggested.

“Sure! Whatever you want.”, Chanwoo said. He then walks toward the sofa and turns on the TV, with Junhoe soon sitting next to him.

Junhoe takes the TV remote and switches the channel, trying to find something good to watch. While doing that, he watches Chanwoo through the corner of his eyes, and he is 100% sure that Chanwoo is staring at him. In fact, Chanwoo has turned his head and is now facing Junhoe.

“Why are you looking at me?”, Junhoe finally asked, although, if anything, he is happy that Chanwoo gives him this much attention.

“You’re more interesting than the TV.”, Chanwoo explained with a soft blush while playing with his fingers.

Junhoe cannot help but blush at Chanwoo’s explanation. This boy is just too cute!

“So you would rather watch me than the TV?”, Junhoe asked.

Chanwoo nods.

“Well then. We can just turn off the TV.”, Junhoe declared. When the TV is off, he turns to Chanwoo and stares at his beautiful eyes.

Chanwoo stares back at Junhoe, but he quickly blushes and looks down.

“Stop that! It’s embarrassing…”, Chanwoo said with a small pout.

“You better get used to it. I’ll be staring at you much more from now on.”, Junhoe said.

Chanwoo looks up, looking somewhat surprised at Junhoe’s statement. “But… but… does that means-” Chanwoo hesitated.

“Means what?”, Junhoe tried to press the matter.

Chanwoo looks at Junhoe, then he looks down, then he looks back up at Junhoe again. “Do you… umm… like me?”, he finally asked.

Junhoe smirks. “Of course I do!”, he immediately answered.

Chanwoo is taken aback by Junhoe’s answer. “Really!?”

“Yes. I don’t just like you. I love you!”, Junhoe said.

Chanwoo immediately blushes when he heard what Junhoe just said. But Junhoe makes him blush even more when he lunges forward and kisses Chanwoo’s cheek. Chanwoo is suddenly at a loss for word.

“Eh… Ah… I… Eh…”

“Calm down, Chanwoo.”, Junhoe said as he holds Chanwoo’s hands.

“Ok, Chanwoo. You can do this. Take a deep breath.”, Chanwoo said to himself. But Junhoe isn’t helping. Instead, he lunges forward one more time and kisses Chanwoo’s other cheek.

Chanwoo panics again. “Eh… I… That’s…”

“Calm down.”, Junhoe reminds Chanwoo.

“Eh… But… Sorry…”, Chanwoo said, looking down at the sofa.

“That’s ok.”, Junhoe said. This time, he kisses Chanwoo’s ear.

“You’re not helping!”, Chanwoo declared, quickly trying to hide his blush and runs back to his room.

“Chanwoo… Are you ok?”, Junhoe asked although he is unsure whether to be worried or amused. He enters Chanwoo’s bedroom and finds him on his bed covering his head with a pillow.

“I’m ok. I just need some time…”, Chanwoo said.

“Why? Don’t you like my kisses?”, Junhoe asked.

“I do! But, it feels like… my heart feels like exploding!”, Chanwoo said.

“That’s normal. I will feel like that too if you kiss me.”, Junhoe explained.

“Really?”, Chanwoo asked, his head popping out from the pillow.

“Yes, really.”, Junhoe assured, kissing Chanwoo’s cheek one more time.

Chanwoo still blushes when Junhoe kisses him, but he doesn’t panic anymore. Instead, he smiles. “Ok, I’ll try not to panic.”

“That’s my boyfriend!”, Junhoe declared.

Chanwoo is taken by surprise one more time. “Bo- Boyfriend!?”

“Yes, you’re mine from now on.”, Junhoe bluntly explained.

“Eh… But that’s… Am I dreaming? I must be dreaming!”, Chanwoo exclaimed.

“No, you’re not dreaming.”, Junhoe assured as he gives Chanwoo’s cheek a soft pinch. He then holds Chanwoo’s hands and gazes at his eyes. After a while, he leans forward and kisses Chanwoo’s lips.

Chanwoo’s eyes quickly widen at the kiss, although he closes it as quickly and immerses in the sensation of Junhoe’s lips on his.

After a while, they part. Junhoe really wants to spend the next few minutes just staring romantically at each other, but his nose suddenly catches a burning smell.

“Do you smell that?”, Junhoe asked.

“Something is burning… Where does that come from?”, Chanwoo said as he looks around.

“Don’t tell me…!”, Junhoe exclaimed. He quickly runs to his room and checks the device. That’s right! It’s releasing a few sparks.

“Oh no! Where’s the manual?”, Junhoe panicked as he looks around for the manual.

“What’s that?”, Chanwoo asked, pointing at the device on Junhoe’s hand.

“No time to explain. Help me find the manual!”

They look around in panic for a while, until Chanwoo finds a pamphlet. It reads ‘Chanwoo Controlling Device’.

“Junhoe! I think I find it…”, Chanwoo shouted although he is obviously disheartened by his finding.

“Finally!”, Junhoe said as he tried to grab the manual from Chanwoo, but Chanwoo dodges Junhoe’s hand.

“What’s this?”, Chanwoo asked.

“Eh… This is…”, Junhoe doesn’t know how to explain.

Chanwoo opens his mouth, ready to get angry, but the device suddenly starts making weird noises. Out of surprise, Junhoe throws the device to the floor. Then, the weird noises worsen, until the device makes a small popping sound and died.

“Argh!”, Chanwoo shouted in pain, holding his head with his hands. Soon, Chanwoo collapses, but Junhoe immediately catches him.

“Chanwoo! Are you ok?”, Junhoe asked.

Not long after, Chanwoo opens his eyes.

“Junhoe…”, he said.

“Chanwoo. I’m so sorry. Please tell me you’re ok.”

“I’m ok.”, Chanwoo declared as he tried to get up. He then looks at Junhoe.

Junhoe closes his eyes, expecting that Chanwoo is still angry. But, Chanwoo does something unexpected.

“Is it just me or have you always been that handsome?”, Chanwoo asked.

“Eh…?”, Junhoe asked, obviously surprised.

“I mean, really handsome~”, Chanwoo purred.

Junhoe opens his mouth, trying to reply, but Chanwoo immediately shuts him up with a kiss. While kissing, Chanwoo lifts Junhoe up bridal style to the bed.

They part for a while, and Junhoe immediately tries to say something. “No, wait, Chan-”. But, before he can finish his sentence, Chanwoo kisses him again.

“Is that a protest?”, Chanwoo asked Junhoe when they part again.

Junhoe stares at Chanwoo’s flaming eyes only to find himself involuntarily shaking his head.

“Good. You’re mine from now on.”, Chanwoo declared as he lunges forward and kisses Junhoe again. And again. And again.