Goodbye

Patient #748

A Millionaire’s First Love Soundtrack

Just like put it on replay or something. I’ve been listening to this song while writing.


Nayeon sat on the hospital bed hugging her knees, “Hoya,” she rocked herself back and forth like an addict suffering withdrawal. “Where are you?” she laid her head on her knees, “Today is the 14th and you’re not here.” Her lips trembled and she felt tears threatening to fall.

“Yeonnie, are you okay?”

She sat up and released her legs. She looked to her right and Hoya was sitting next to her on the hospital bed, “Hoya!” she hugged him tightly, “I thought you weren’t gonna come.” she felt her warm tears stream down her face.

He pulled her out, “Don't cry,” he smiled softly and wiped her tears with his thumbs, “I will always be here.”

She smiled and hugged him again, “I’m so tired. I just wanna get out of here and go home.” she closed her eyes with a slight frown.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asked with a concerned voice.

She sighed and let go, she crossed her legs and played with her fingers, “They’re telling me all these things that I don’t want to believe.”

Hoya’s face hardened, “Like?”

She shrugged, “They’re saying that you’re not real,” she nervously giggled, “But you are.” she looked at him, “I can see you, feel you, hear you, and I know your scent.”

His lips twitched into a forced smile. He was debating with himself. Should I tell her? I’ve already gotten what I wished for. He sighed, “Nayeon-ah.”

She looked up, “Yes?”

He held her hands, “I love you.” he kissed her hand, “I’ve always loved you.”

Her heart felt like it was beating 1,000 miles per hour. She couldn’t believe he said that to her. All these years, he’s never ever said those words to her. She smiled, “I love you too.”

His left hand held her small hands and his other hand caressed her face, “I’ve always loved you. Even before the accident.” he mumbled.

Nayeon scrunched her eyebrows,”Accident?” She didn’t want to believe it. Everything that they’ve told her was true. It couldn’t be true.

His lips trembled but he forced out a smile, “Nayeon-ah. I’m just a ghost–a spirit.” a tear slipped out, “A spirit that only you can see, feel, touch, and hear.”

She shook her head, not wanting to hear it anymore. The denial has never been so strong before.

“I’ve loved you all my life Yeonnie. Ever since we were in the 5th grade when you were the only girl who bothered to give me chocolate for Valentine’s Day, I was in love with you,” he confessed.

Date: February 14, 2003 | Age: 10 ; 11

It was Valentine’s Day and all the girls were giving the boys they liked chocolate. She made some but had some leftovers.

“Nayeon-ah,” Kimhee called her, “Are you done giving out your chocolates already?”

Nayeon nodded, “Yeah, but I made too much so now I have some leftovers.”

“Just eat it or throw it away,” Kimhee suggested.

Nayeon nodded and made her way to the trashcan. On her way she saw her classmate with glasses sitting down by himself, looking pitiful. She looked at his desk and noticed that there weren’t any chocolate, candy, or even a single card on it. She looked at her home-made chocolate, “I don’t want to waste such good chocolate and it’ll make him feel better.” she shrugged and walked on over.

She stopped at his desk. Little Howon looked to his right and saw Nayeon standing in front of him with her hands behind her back. “Y-Yes?”

Nayeon smiled, “Happy Valentine’s Day Howon-sshi!” she brightly said and put her chocolate on his desk.

Howon smiled and his face automatically turned red. “Thank you, Nayeon-sshi,” he thanked, dipping his head.

She smiled and waved, “It's nothing, really. Seeing that smile on your face is already enough. A thank you would be too much,” she giggled and walked back to her seat.

Howon looked at her cutely decorated and designed chocolate squares and treats. He felt his heart thump. ‘I think I like you Moon Nayeon.’ he said in his head looking at her laughing with her friends.

She shook her head, “If this is some sick joke that you’re pulling, you need to stop because this is not funny!” she yelled, tears streaming down.

He shook his head, “I’m not lying, this is not a joke. I am Lee Howon,” he cupped her face, “I’m so sorry you had to find out this way.” he pressed his forehead onto hers. “I never meant to hurt you, Moon Nayeon.”

She shook her head, “I don’t care. You are the only person that I love with all my heart. Who cares what everyone else says? We’ll run away together and–”

“And what?” he looked sternly at her. He pulled away, “Nayeon, what will you do for a month’s time when I’m gone?” he asked standing up and pacing the room.

She got up and back hugged him, “I don’t care. As long as I’m with you; even if it’s for a day every month, I’ll be satisfied.” She cried, “But please,” Nayeon buried her face in his back, inhaling his scent that she missed dearly. “Please don’t leave me. Please.”

He closed his eyes and tears ran down freely. He turned around and hugged, “I was given a chance, a chance to show you how much I love you.” He lift up her chin and wiped away her tears, “And I will show you how much I love you, Moon Nayeon.”

He smiled and held her chin up. He wiped away her tears, “I love you so much Moon Nayeon. More than you’ll ever know.” He lowered his face to hers and pressed his lips onto hers. His hands reached for the back of her head as he deepened the kiss by tilting his head to the side. Both closed their eyes to savor this beautiful and once in a lifetime moment. His lips quivered in the kiss, knowing this would be the last time he was ever gonna see her, be with her, and kiss her.

He pulled away, “I love you so much Moon Nayeon.” he smiled bittersweetly and caressed her cheek, “So much.” She held onto his hand and squeezed it. Tears streamed down her face as she looked at him. He cupped her face again, wiping away her tears, and kissed her cheeks, “I will always be here for you. Always.” he grabbed something in his pockets, “I got something for you.” he said with a smile, hoping it’ll brighten up the mood a bit. He held it in his hand, “Can you guess what it is?”

She shook her head, her mind was too exhausted from everything that has been going on.

“Ta-da,” he let go of it and let it flow down, still holding onto it. She looked at it, it was a stunning, diamond-encrusted infinity necklace. “Do you like it?” he asked looking forward to her answer.

She nodded with a soft smile, “It’s so pretty.”

“Here, lemme put it on for you.” He turned her around and put it on her. “Wahh~ It’s beautiful, but of course not as beautiful as you.” he teased.

She smiled, but her smile died down,”Why are you giving this to me?” she whispered while touching the precious jewelry.

Caught! he thought. He looked at her, “Nayeon-ah, I will always be here for you. Always. I will love you infinitely. You will always be in my heart no matter what, I will always love you. You are my one and only love.”

She stepped back, “What are you trying to say?” She felt tears coming back. “What–I don’t–Hoya,” she gasped for air as her sobs were suffocating her. She hugged him and gripped tightly onto his shirt, “Don't leave,” she cried, “Don't leave, don't leave me here. Please, don't leave me.” she repeated through her clenched jaw.

His lips trembled, tears unknowingly fall down, “Nayeon-ah...” he held her out, “I–”

“Why!” she shouted at him while pushing him away, “Why?” she cried in a small voice. Her eyes flickered from all the tears building up in her eyes, “Don’t lie to me... I just–I want the truth.”

Hoya sighed, he had this coming. She was gonna ask sooner or later. He sat on the hospital couch with his hands crossed on his knees. “I was given the chance to tell–show,” he corrected, “you my love. After I have accomplished this,” he stopped.

Nayeon slowly walked to him, “Then what?” she whispered, dying inside because she knew what was going to be said.

“I have to leave,” he whispered. He looked at her, oh how puffy he made her eyes from all this crying. Hoya held her hand, “I wasn't even supposed to stay this long. I purposely took my time just so I could be with you as long as possible.” He caressed her cheek, “And now it’s my time to go. I’ve got everything I wanted and more.” He pressed his forehead with hers. “I got you, your love, and your kiss.” He smiled, “I’m eternally happy because of you Moon Nayeon.”

She looked down, “You can’t go. Not now, especially when I need you the most right now.” Nayeon sighed deeply, “Please, I need you so much right now.”

He nodded taking her hand and laid her on the bed with Hoyeon Gom. He held her in his embrace and closed his eyes, “Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

She nodded and inhaled his scent, “I love you Hoya. Howon or Hoya, I will always love you.” she snuggled in his chest and soon fell asleep with Hoyeon Gom in her arms.

 

Hoya laid on the bed looking at Nayeon sleeping. He smiled half-heartedly and curled a strand of her hair behind her ear, “I love you so much,” he choked out a cry, “But now I must go and move on with my next life.” His lips trembled frantically as he cried. “I will always love you M-Moon Nayeon,” he struggled through his cries.

He gently got out of the bed and looked at her one last time. He gave her one last kiss on the forehead and left to the glowing door.


Awwe, right when Hoya shows up it has to be depressing D: I was gonna write a happy and fun-filled chapter.. But I figured it wouldn’t really fit in the story correctly. Anyway, now Hoya is officially done TT^TT And there are only 2 chapters left ): I’m seriously gonna miss writing this ; ~ ;