Session #2: Hoya's features

Patient #748

Minrin scanned Nayeon’s file one last time before making her way to the interrogation room. Taegi bit her thumb nail while waiting to hear more from this mysterious girl. Minrin walked inside, her heels clicking the quiet solitary room. She closed the door and walked toward the frail girl. "I'm Hwang Minrin, but you can just call me Minrin." She smiled once again.

Nayeon grinned, “Hello Minrin.”

She smiled and took out her drawing notebook and stationeries, “Nayeon-ah.”

The young girl looked up, “Yes?”

“I’m going to ask you how Hoya looks. I want you to explain every aspect of him, okay?” Nayeon nodded. ”I’m going to draw him to get a glimpse of how he looks so I could also fall in love with him too.” she joked.

Nayeon’s jaw dropped.

Minrin chuckled, “I’m just kidding.” She scoffed, “I’m 29, what do I want from a little 18 year old?”

Nayeon sighed with relief and playfully glared at the woman.

 

... His smile,” Nayeon stopped to laugh, “I make fun of him and say he has canine teeth, and his eyebrows are–”

“I think I’ve got it,” Minrin set down her pencil and held her notebook close to her chest.

Nayeon tilted her head, “What? But I just barely started telling you how he looks..”

Minrin mushed her lips together trying not to laugh, “I’m just that good.” she exaggerated.

Nayeon scoffed playfully,”Let me see.”

Minrin handed it to her slowly and coughed out trying not to laugh.

Nayeon looked at it and gasped, “Hey!” She started laughing, “Minrin, this isn’t even human!” She threw the notebook on the table and scoffed, “A Hoya flower? Really? That’s insulting!” she said through her giggles.

The older laughed, “Sorry,” Minrin apologized, “I just couldn’t help it. It was just too perfect; I had to.” She grabbed the notebook and flipped a page,”Here’s the real drawing.”

 

qTpMtYS6QonQJ8ABklFdRJix6G7v-GRBeOE7WHPV

 

Nayeon’s jaw dropped. She turned her head to Minrin and gaped at the older woman. “This is unbelievable. This looks exactly like Hoya.” she held the picture closer to her face, “Everything is so accurate!” She let out a soft chuckle, “You even got his canine teeth.”

Minrin gave herself a self-satisfying grin, “So this is Hoya?” Nayeon nodded her head, still not breaking away from the picture. Minrin sat next to the girl,”He’s a cutie ain’t he?”

Nayeon looked at her and nodded, “Mhm.” She hesitantly opened and closed . She shook her head and turned to the psychiatrist. “Minrin?”

“Hmm?”

Nayeon took a deep breath, “I think I like Hoya...” she murmured.

Minrin patted her head, “Ooh, someone’s in love~” she cooed. Nayeon covered her face and buried it in Minrin’s arms. Taegi couldn’t help but laugh, watching Nayeon go through this feeling in her life. But quickly deflated knowing that her first love was imaginary.

Minrin laughed and peeled her away, “So someone is,” she laughed and her playful side came up, “Tell me why you like Hoya,” she grabbed the sketch,”He is cute. Do you think he’s into older women?”

Nayeon gasped and playfully hit her. “I’m not gonna tell you now. You’re gonna like him more if I tell you.”

Minrin gasped, “Hey. I would like for you to know that I’m not a e!” She nudged Nayeon, “Tell me.”

Nayeon sighed, “I guess I’ve always known but this time I am positive,”

Date: December 14, 2009 | Age: 16

‘Where is he?’  Nayeon thought. She paced around the flagpole where they always met. She bit her thumb nail, ‘What if he’s in some sort of trouble. What if he’s hurt? He’s never late, especially on my birthday.’

She let out a sigh of frustration, “Idiot” she sneered. “Why isn't he–”

“What did you call me?” Hoya turned her around from the sudden back hug.

“Oppa!” she widened her eyes.

He let out an amused, husky laugh, “So now you call me oppa,” he narrowed his eyes at her, “A second ago, I was an idiot now I’m oppa?” he clicked his tongue and shook his head, “Nayeon, Nayeon, Nayeon. What are we gonna do with you?”

She got a hold of herself and glared at him, “Says the guy that came late. I had every right to be mad at you.” She looked the other way, still in his embrace.

He unwrapped one of his arms. He cupped her chin, their eyes met. “I’m here now aren’t I?” He said, face just centimeters from hers. She gulped, her heart was beating rapidly, her breath quick and fast. He grinned, "Let's go, it’s your birthday isn’t it? Let’s go celebrate it, silly.”

Nayeon smiled softly, ’He always says that.’

He grabbed her hands,”Let's go~” he sing-sang.

Nayeon felt her face heating up, turning it into a bright pink from the contact. ‘Stop it! This is just Hoya. Not some famous idol.’ she scolded herself.

They were at a park playground where Hoya had set up everything. He had Nayeon sit by the table and wait for him while he gave her something. She observed everything. There were streamers and a banner hanging from two trees. Balloons were everywhere; on the playground, on the tables, everywhere. She laughed at his decoration. This was definitely done by a man. ‘This is why he was late..’ she smiled to herself and softened.

“Happy birthday to you~”

Nayeon looked at the source fo the voice and saw Hoya carrying a cake. Walking towards her, he was singing the 'Happy Birthday' song. She blushed in embarrassment and covered her face, gushing inside.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, Nayeon.........” he took a deep breath and put the cake down on the table, “Happy birthday to you! Whoo yay!” he sat down next to her and smiled, “You’re now 16!” He rubbed his nape, “Sorry if I couldn’t make it the best Sweet 16 birthday,” he apologized.

She grinned and shook her head, “It's fine, as long as you’re here celebrating it with me,” she smiled, “This is the best Sweet 16 that I can ever ask for.” she looked at him, “Honestly.”

He sighed with relief, “Whoo~” he wiped away fake sweat, “That’s good..” he chuckled nervously, “I thought you'd think that this was the worst birthday ever.”

She shook her head and looked at the cake. It was frosted with white whipped cream. At the edge of the circular cake, there were various fruits decorated on it–strawberries, blueberries, oranges, and kiwis. Written on the center with melted chocolate was 'Happy Birthday Nayeon'. Just looking at the writing itself, Nayeon knew it was Hoya who wrote it.

“Of course not!” she said in a reassuring voice,”Now, let's eat this cake.” She grabbed the cutting knife and sliced the cake. She gave him a slice and herself one, she sat down and eat a piece.

He watched her in anticipation, ‘Will she like it?’ he crossed his fingers under the table. “So, how is it?”

She widened her eyes, “This is delicious! Where did you buy it at?”

He sighed with relief followed by a small chuckle. ”I was so scared. I thought you weren’t going to like it.”

“Why wouldn’t I like it? It’s a cake.”

He came close to her face, nose slightly touching each other, “I made it, silly.” he said with a wide grin and pinched her nose.

Her fork fell out of and landed on her plate. His words registered in her mind, “You,” she pointed at him, “Made this?” she pointed to the cake.

He nodded,”Why?”

She shrugged, “I just sorta thought that guy couldn’t bake.”

Hoya dropped his jaw, “Moon Nayeon! There are lots of guys out here that can bake!” he attacked her and started poking her sides.

“....And for the rest of the day, we ran around the playground like little kids. He danced and sang to me. He has the voice of an angel and he is so good at dancing.” she spazzed to Minrin. “Then when it got dark, he pulled something out of his backpack and it turned out to be fireworks.” She smiled contently, “He gave me some of those sparklers and we started drawing in the air.” Nayeon recalled the good memories, “He grabbed my hands and wrote ‘Nayeon loves Hoya forever!’. After the firework show, we went stargazing. We both spotted a shooting star, and oh my gosh it was so amazing. That was my first time ever seeing a shooting star and I shared it with him.”

“Lucky you,” Minrin hissed at the younger girl, “He’s the perfect package. Why couldn’t a guy do that with me?” she crossed her arms.

“I’m lucky I guess..”

Minrin looked at the girl. She uncrossed her arms, “Where was Hoya from?”

Nayeon thought about it, “He said that he was also from Busan but moved when he was little.”

Minrin nodded, “Does he have any family members?”

“He has an older brother, an older sister, and a younger brother. But he doesn’t talk about his family often. Rarely actually.”

An idea clicked in Minrin’s head. “Do you know their names?”

Nayeon nodded,”Hojae’s his older brother, Hyojin is his older sister, and Hyojun is his little brother.” she replied quickly as if it was imprinted in her.

Minrin gathered up her materials, “Okay Yeonnie, that’s all for today’s session.”

Nayeon stood up, “So I guess I won’t be able to go home?”

Minrin sighed and looked at the mirror, specifically at Taegi. She looked back and the sadden girl, “You know what,” she gave a small grin, “I think it’ll be okay to let you off for one day. How does that sound?”

Nayeon brightened, “Really?”

Minrin nodded, “Okay just as soon as I put my stuff away, okay.”

Nayeon nodded and excitedly walked to her room.

Minrin walked back to the back room were Taegi was. “Minnie,” Taegi called, “What are you–”

“I’m gonna take her out,” she said calmly, “This place is gonna make her go insane.” Minrin sighed, being the more experienced one,”I know she’s not crazy.” She handed the younger one a piece of paper and the sketch of Hoya,”I want you to search these three people.”

Taegi took the paper, “Lee Hojae, Hyojin, and Hyojun?”

Minrin nodded, “They’re the relatives of Hoya. There’s a possibility that they might be real. Check specifically in Seoul and Busan. Then I want you to do a background check of Hoya too.” She pointed to the sketch, “And see if it looks like this drawing. Once you’ve located them I want you to question them and get as much info you can get.”

Taegi nodded, processing everything in her head.

“While you do that I’m gonna take her out as a normal teenage girl.” Minrin took her stuff and walked out of the door.

Taegi looked at the things given to her, “I guess it’s time to visit Taesuk.”


I GOT TIME TO UPDATE!! :DD Whoo~ I had to hella google Hoya’s family!

...I felt like such a creepy O_O /not sure if it’s true or not but we’ll just go with that