Investigation #1: Words from patient's parents.

Patient #748

Taegi looked through her paperwork when Nayeon's caught her attention. She stopped her other paperwork and focused on that specific one. She scanned again.

Parents/Guardians: Moon Sumin & Lee Narin

Siblings: 0

Address: 567-1 Seoku Ave. Busan, Korea 602-030

“Minrin-ah!” she called over her shoulder.

“Yeah?” Minrin called from the kitchen, “What is it?”

“I’m gonna be out for a while,” Taegi put on her coat.

“Alright, just call me to let me know that you’re fine,” the older one said, continuing her cooking.

Taegi got her keys, mumbling the address over and over again until it was sunk in her head.

 

Taegi stopped her car, “5-6-7-1. Seoku Avenue.” she read the address. She grabbed her things and got out of the car. She rang the doorbell and a woman opened it. “Hello,” she bowed, “I’m Hwang Taegi, the psychiatrist working with Nayeon.” she paused, “I’m assuming you’re Lee Narin? Nayeon’s mother?”

The woman nodded, “Y-Yes, please, come in.” she opened the door to let her in. Taegi nodded and walked in. “Honey!” she called from the stairs, “We have a guest.”

A man walked down the stairs and saw Taegi, “Oh, hello,” he bowed, “I’m Moon Sumin.”

Taegi bowed, “Hwang Taegi, I’m taking care of Nayeon’s case at the moment.” she cleared , “I came here to ask you two some questions if that’s okay with you two.”

The couple nodded.

 

Moon Sumin and Lee Narin, parent’s of patient 748,” she said to the recorder. She turned to them, “So,” she started, “When did you two realize that there was something going on with your daughter?”

Narin shook her head, “We–I don’t know..” she cleared , “I remember on her 12th birthday, she kept saying how she met a boy name Hoya. She always mentioned him, how nice and funny he was. She always said that he was a very good friend. We just thought she just made a new friend.” she paused.

“Then?” Taegi asked, anticipating the answer.

“She introduced us to Hoya,” Sumin finished for his wife.

Date: April 14, 2009 | Age: 15

Nayeon walked inside her house, giggling.

“Hi, honey.” Narin greeted from the kitchen, “How was school?” Narin wiped her wet hands against her pink laced apron.

“It’s better, now that Hoya’s here.” Nayeon said casually.

“Hoya?” Sumin walked in the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle.

“Oh, you mean that little friend of yours?” Narin assumed.

Nayeon clicked her tongue, “Gosh, I’m so rude.” she cleared and pointed to her right, “Mom, dad, this is Hoya.”

With wrinkles on their foreheads, they exchanged glances to each other.

“And Hoya,” she looked at what seemed to be mid-air to her parents, “This is my mom,” she pointed at her mother, “And that is my dad,” she pointed to her father. She laughed and slapped mid-air, “Hey! He’s really nice!” She turned to her father,”Dad, Hoya thinks you’re–mmm!” she stopped as if someone slapped their hands over .

Her parents jumped, totally petrified. Narin turned to Sumin, they both gave each other the same look; terrified with a mixture of confusion.

Nayeon rolled her eyes, “Okay, Hoya is gonna help me on my math homework now.” she motioned her hand and ran upstairs. “Don’t be so formal.” she shouted at ‘Hoya’. “No need to bow at them.” she snickered.

After they heard her door close, Narin exhaled and held Sumin, “Honey?” she muttered,”What just happened?”

Sumin pat his wife’s head, “I.. I don’t even know..”

Narin started shaking as sobs slowly trailed out of her lips, “Sumin-ah. I’m worried.”

Sumin kept his posture, “Me too.”

“....From that day on, we knew Hoya wasn’t real.” Sumin inhaled a sigh and continued, “I’m still not sure if she’s just playing around with us. I highly doubt she is. I mean she can’t possibly be fooling us for what, 5 years?” He shook his head, “It hurts me to say this but I think our daughter is going crazy.”

Taegi nodded, “Did anything happen that might’ve traumatized Nayeon?” she asked.

Narin shrugged, “I don’t think leaving her for the first time on her 12th birthday would’ve made such an impact on her. But I don’t know. I seriously don’t know.” she whispered.

“Does she have any friends? Anyone who I could ask or talk to?” Taegi asked, hoping for an answer.

They shook their head, “They all isolated her ever since Hoya came up.”

“She did have a friend name. . .” the mother pursed her lips in concentration, trying to recall the name, “Jung Kimhee.” Narin remembered, “They were the best of friends. They were like two peas in a pod. But now, Nayeon never talks about her. I’m pretty sure Kimhee left her too.”

Taegi nodded and stopped the recorder, “Thank you so much.” she bowed.

The couple nodded and bowed also and walked with Taegi to the door. But before leaving she turned around, “Do you by chance have the residence of Jung Kimhee?”


Okay, so here it is. Thank you all for supporting and please comment and subscribe ^^;;