Part 1

I Met You On Christmas Day

“Tell me again why I am here.” Jiyong tried not to sound too angry with his best friend.

“You are here because you need to have fun sometimes.”

“How the hell am I going to have fun in this place?”

“Like everyone else.” Youngbae pointed to the multitude in front of them.

They were all laughing, drinking, dancing, some were even kissing. Jiyong sighed in frustration. It was impossible for him to have fun there. He wasn’t a party boy. He just wanted to be at home reading a book or listening to his music. Not in a party where the only people he knew were Youngbae and his girlfriend.

“You know me.” Jiyong talked to his friend again. “You ing know that I hate this. Why the hell did you bring me here?” He was very angry.

“I’ve told you already. Now have some fun.” Youngbae said and then turned to start kissing his girlfriend.

Jiyong looked at them in disbelief. How could they do that? He didn’t even know that Hyorin was that kind of girl, going to a party and all. Or maybe Youngbae dragged her there just like he did to him.

“I can’t believe I’m here…” Jiyong looked at the almost 300 people there. It was a party organized by someone of his university. A someone who he didn’t know. And that someone invited the whole campus. Jiyong saw the posters at the university, but he wasn’t planning on going. At all.

He was actually planning on spending Christmas day all by himself. Home alone. Maybe with a book. But never in his most weird dreams had he imagined he was going to spend Christmas in a party. He just couldn’t believe it. Plus, it was the most boring party ever.

Jiyong sighed again and walked toward the bar, then ordered some water. He wasn’t planning on getting drunk on Christmas day, with people he didn’t know.

When his glass of water was in front of him, Youngbae and Hyorin appeared at his side.

“What the hell is that?” Youngbae was looking at his water as if it were a repulsive food.

“Water. Have you ever tried it? It’s very good for your health.”

“Jiyong, you need some fun. You can’t drink water here, you need beer… or wine… or a cocktail…”

“No thanks.” He heard Youngbae murmuring something about Jiyong being no-fun, but he didn’t care. He just wanted to go home.

His eyes started wandering all around the place. It was a very big salon. An enormous salon. It was actually a house’s salon. Jiyong knew for sure that the organizer of the party was a rich person. Not everyone could have a house like that. The music was super loud and the lighting was soft. If all those people weren’t there, it could be a nice place.

Suddenly, Jiyong’s eyes caught something. Or better said, someone. A guy was sitting in a couch near to one of the corners of the salon. And he seemed to be angry. Or bored. Or both. He was alone there, all his gorgeous self in the couch. Jiyong gulped and tried looking to other people. That guy was too handsome to be real. But after some seconds, his eyes were back at the guy. He was really angry. Or bored. He was frowning and, Oh my God, where those eyebrows even real? His eyes were perfect too. And his nose was like sculpted by the Greek gods. And his lips…

“Are you going to have fun now?”

“What?” Jiyong turned his head at the speed of light. Youngbae was looking at him, smirking. “W-what?”

“I saw you. You were looking at that guy there.”

“Me? Looking at a guy? Pfft obviously not.” Jiyong felt his face getting hot. “I was just… looking around…”

“Sure, looking around at the same guy for an entire minute.”

Jiyong was just about to reply to his friend when the music stopped and the voice of a man replaced it.

“How are you my friends? Are you having fun?”

“Yes!!!!”

Jiyong frowned. Too loud.

He saw that Youngbae and Hyorin where busy laughing like everyone else, then he looked for the guy again… but the couch was empty. Something inside him felt empty too. The guy was really handsome…

“Well, since it’s almost Christmas, let’s play a game!” The voice said.

“Oh no…” Jiyong whispered. He hated games. He hated games in a party. Those games where always horrible. He didn’t want to play any game.

“Everyone who is sitting please stand up and walk to the center of the salon.” Jiyong rolled his eyes but left his glass of water and walked with Youngbae and Hyorin until they were with all the other people. “You know what happens when you’re under the mistletoe… right?!”

“Oh hell no…” Jiyong heard the screams of everyone. How could they be so excited over a game like that? Were they that eager to kiss people?

“Okay so we have three mistletoes. We will let them fall and… let’s play!!”

And then more screams.

Suddenly he saw two mistletoes fall over the multitude. The girls started screaming in excitement and Jiyong just couldn’t believe it. That game was everything but funny.

After the two couples kissed and everyone laughed until death, Jiyong noticed something. Didn’t the guy say they had three mistletoes? Where was the third one? He only saw two of them…

“You are going to have fun now, Jiyong.” He heard the mischievous voice of Youngbae whispering to his ear, and then the 300 people were looking at him.

Feeling like he was going to faint, Jiyong looked up. The ing mistletoe was over his head. He was under the mistletoe. He looked helpless at his best friend, but the idiot only smiled and pointed something behind Jiyong.

Slowly, he turned to see who he had to kiss.

.

The handsome guy was there. With the same panicked look on his face that Jiyong was sure he had on his own face.

Jiyong just stood there. He didn’t know what to do. How was he supposed to kiss a stranger? He was a shy guy, he couldn’t just kiss that handsome…

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Everyone wanted them to kiss. But why?! How could they think that it was funny to see two strangers kissing?! What the hell was wrong with people?!

“Hurry up and kiss!” A man’s voice screamed and Jiyong felt a hand on his back, pushing him directly to the handsome guy.

His eyes widened and after two seconds a pair of strong arms were around his waist, his hands touching the guy’s chest.

, , .

Jiyong looked up and saw that the other guy was looking at him with widened eyes. He seemed to be as clueless as Jiyong was. He heard girls screaming and boys saying things like “if you don’t hurry up I’m going to kiss that cutie!” What the hell? Jiyong felt the panic growing inside him. They were too close and people wanted them to kiss. Should he kiss the handsome guy? But he was too shy to start a kiss with a stranger. Oh how much he wanted to kill Youngbae…

And then, the handsome guy started to lean in, slowly. Jiyong’s eyes widened even more. The guy was going to kiss him. The guy was going to kiss him! Jiyong was still like a statue, while the handsome guy was leaning in more and more, until they were too close to be real.

“I’m Seunghyun.”

Jiyong started feeling like his legs were made of jelly. That deep voice was just about to send him to the clouds.

“I… Jiyong…” He managed to say his name before his lips were attacked by the guy’s lips.

Oh God…

Jiyong closed his eyes and felt like he was melting. There was something inside him that wanted more, and more, and more. He didn’t want the kiss to end. He heard clapping and more screams, but that Seunghyun guy was still kissing him. They didn’t broke the kiss until both needed to breathe again.

And then Jiyong opened his eyes. Seunghyun was looking at him, his gaze not leaving Jiyong’s eyes. Something inside his chest was fluttering. Seunghyun’s hands were still on Jiyong’s waist, and Jiyong’s hands on Seunghyun’s chest.

“I…” That deep voice again. Jiyong was ready to listen to whatever the guy had to say, but suddenly more screams started.

Both looked at his sides and saw the multitude running directly to them. Jiyong gasped and two seconds later he was being pulled away from Seunghyun. Everyone was running toward a little stage in the salon, in which an apparently very famous man appeared from nowhere, and people went crazy.

The last thing Jiyong could see of Seunghyun where his eyes, looking desperately at him, as if he was trying to reach him. And then all of a sudden, he disappeared between crazy girls and boys screaming and jumping.

Jiyong just stood there. Maybe Seunghyun was going to find him if he didn’t move. But after 15 minutes, there was no sign of the handsome guy.

 


Heyyy tell me if you think the part 2 is worth it lol