1. Christmas

What I Want For Christmas

"Woo hoo! Nice shot!" Yifan cheered proudly in his seat as Lebron James, which happened to be his idol in basketball, made a smooth 3-point shot that led for their team's score to escalate much higher with the other team. It was the semi-finals of Chicago Bulls versus L.A Lakers and he found himself chilling in the living room with his favorite snacks with him. Yifan has been a fan of Chicago Bulls ever since and he grinned widely, eyes focused on the TV screen as if not letting a second pass, knowing right there who will be the winning team for the night's game.

Normally, this is the kind of scene that you will find as the Friday night comes. After a long day of work, Yifan try to get home as early as he can so that he can be able to watch the game in the first quarter and to not miss any part of it. But of course, invitations of hang out from his colleagues are always present. It will always be the same reason of how they won't be worrying about tomorrow since it's Saturday the next day which means no work at all. There are times that he would come with them. After all, having fun outside won't hurt and he's totally not a hermit to just lock himself inside his condo, it's too bad for a handsome man like him to not show off his attractive look in some other times. But mostly, he would choose to spend his time at home, finding comfort on his couch and relieving his stress away by watching his favorite basketball team to slam the hard court just like what is exactly happening right now.

The snacks that he has were almost finished after the first two quarters. He was about to shove a handful Cheetos in his mouth when his phone suddenly buzzed. Stuffing his mouth first, he reached it out from the coffee table without tearing his eyes away from the dear game, only to look down to check the new message he just received.

12/10/2016 10:38 PM
From: Unknown number (+010 0802 9093)
I dknt know whay to say honestlu. I just really miss yoi

Yifan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. First of all, who would be missing him? He tried to recall some of his friends that he haven't seen in a while now- none. The number was not even saved in his contact and so he just shrugged it off, thinking that it was just wrong sent. Just before he put his phone back on the table, it buzzed once again, signaling that he got another new message:

12/10/2016 10:43 PM
From: Unknown number (+010 0802 9093)
Are yiu dtill thinkinh about me the way I think of yoi righy now?

By this time, he let out a small chuckle after reading it. It was quite hilarious of how cheesy that sounds in his head. Another thing was the typos all over the message that seemed careless, probably because the sender typed it quickly. Yifan thought that it was fine now after a couple of minutes without a new message that's why he decided not to mind it anymore. He returned his eyes on the tv screen, the game was not finshed yet and his team was still leading which made him feel confident for who will be the winner for tonight's game. Just then, his phone rang and he checked who was calling, it was the number who kept on messaging him a while ago. Out of being curious who really it was, he answered the call.

"Yah~" a low but soft voice sounded from the other line although it seemed a little cracked. Yifan had no idea what to say and he was about to answer 'yeah' just to be recognized when the stranger cut it off just before he could say something.
"I know you're surprised that I called you. I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it because I really miss you, Chanyeol." Chanyeol? Who is that? I'm not even Chanyeol, Yifan thought. He was right, the stranger dialed a wrong number.

"Uhm.. I'm-"

"Sshh.. It's alright. Don't speak, just listen to me first," Yifan remained silent as the stranger said.

"Yeollie-ah~ Do you know where I am? I'm here along Han River, I'd choose to throw myself here rather than to feel like this. I want to see you. Kiss you. Hug you. Come here before I jump" The stranger chuckled and Yifan's eyes enlarged by that. He could tell that he's drunk by the tone of his voice followed by soft hiccups.

"Wait! Wait for me there and don't you jump, okay?" Yifan immediately got up and turned off the television. He's going to find that silly stranger despite the fact that he doesn't know him at all. He couldn't help but to think of what he had said and he would come as a concern citizen. Han River is just a few meters away from his place though. Who knows, he might be the first ever wrong-receiver hero.

-

It was nothing but a cold night for Kyungsoo. He was walking along a busy street with his friend, sometimes occupying himself by checking out some items that are being sold in the shops and stalls by the road. He remembered that holiday is getting near.

"Soo," his friend, Junmyeon, nudged him while gesturing something to him "Isn't that Chanyeol?"

He followed the direction to where Junmyeon was looking at and his eyes landed on the couple-looking walking ahead of them. The guy was as tall as Chanyeol, Kyungsoo noted. He didn't even need to see his face to tell whether it's him or not because he knows Chanyeol in many ways. It was him with his arm wrapped around the smaller guy next to him. He would've clung to the nearest wall and made a dramatic walling cued with a dramatic background song from the image he had seen but he cannot do that.

And there he found himself drowning by soju. He's not used to drinking but he ended up getting drunk anyway. Junmyeon reminded himself not to get a Kyungsoo drunk again. He led and guided the latter inside a cab on the way to his home but little did he know that the stubborn Kyungsoo would drop by a roadside near the Han River. Kyungsoo contacted a number he has memorized by heart in which he mistyped due to drunkenness.

-

Yifan was hoping it wasn't too late as he finally reached the place the stranger has said. He never think that he was just kidding since he really sounded serious. He searched alongside the Han River until he found someone standing alone while facing the river; a guy who's way smaller than him. He was holding a phone and his body was swaying a little. Yifan made a short jog towards him before patting his back hesitantly at first.

"Uh excuse me, mister?" the stranger turned his head before facing him and Yifan blinked for a while as he scanned his face. His skin was fair, he has a pair of chubby cheeks that seemingly reddish and his full lips quivering due to coldness. He noticed his eyes were tired but it was all good to his sight.

"Oh. Chanyeol~" Yifan think that he was too drunk that his vision was now failing for finding that Chanyeol guy in his look. He tried not to freak out of how he was smiling so sweet at him, not to mention that he was now stepping closer. "But hmyou look more handsome.." the small guy giggled and wrapped his arms around Yifan's neck, pulling the latter down for a kiss and just before their lips meet, he let out a soft cough and Yifan's eyes widened because the next thing he knew, his shirt have been already blessed with a dear vomit. On the other hand, a biker passed by them with a loud speaker while Last Christmas was playing, take note that it has a plate number writing "종대21" He would've laughed by how funny and at the same time accurate that was if only he wasn't too occupied by someone who was swaying and leaning against him. Yifan knew he has no choice but to take him to his condo just for tonight.

-

Kyungsoo stirred slightly from the sunlight that was hitting his face from the glass window and he rolled to the other side to bury his face on a pillow. That was when he noticed; he was not in his bed because man, how on earth he would have a bed this wide. Shocked, he got up immediately and threw himself out of the bed.

"Ugh, where am I?" he groaned sleepily before nibbling his lower lip. He had no idea where he was and the last time he remembered, he was drunk. He sighed worriedly as he opened the door to get out of the room just then a tall guy suddenly showed up in front of him that made him jump in surprise.

"Ouh!"

"Woah!" They exclaimed at the same time, both surprised by each other.

"W-who are you? I promise I didn't do anything, I'm a nice person living in a simple life and.. and I have family and- oh my goodness." Kyungsoo gabbled making him sound like a rapper that made Yifan chuckle as he found it cute.

"Don't worry. You were just drunk yesterday night and I was the one who received your call and text messages, not Chanyeol." Yifan said plainly and Kyungsoo gasped at that.

"How did you know him?"

"You were mentioning his name from time to time," Yifan held himself from laughing as he saw the other's expression; cringing before he covered his face in shame.

"Ahhhh, I don't have a face anymore." Kyungsoo groaned against his palms, still ashame of the other night's event.
"But thank you very much. I owe you a lot. Thank you, thank you." He bowed and ran immediately passed by Yifan and went straight out of his condo. How cute, Yifan thought.

-

"Ugh. I still can't believe it! That was shameful!!"

"And you've been whining over the same thing for about three days already." Junmyeon rolled his eyes of how Kyungsoo was overreacting.

"How can you imagine that? I sent him gut-twisting cheesy messages!! That was supposedly for stupid Chanyeol." he pouted at his friend right after his whining.

"Stupid of you, you mean. Get over it." Junmyeon left him pouting and got up from his seat as a customer entered.

The two of them own a small gift shop a few blocks away from the main and busy town of Yongsan. They are more of near a village wherein they don't mind at all since the ambiance of the place is nice. They are still getting more customers though, especially during Christmas season in which Kyungsoo is happy about.

Kyungsoo was busy rearranging some of their items in the rack after he had finished stacking different sizes of gift boxes on their place. His friend went out to buy them food for dinner and he was left in their shop. And here he was, enjoying Christmas songs in the playlist.

I should be making a list I know, but Imma be under the misletoe

"With you~ shawty with you. With you~" he sang along as he made his way back to the counter. Kyungsoo noticed a customer checking out some of their items. He continued on singing though.

"With-" the customer turned around to asked something and his eyes widened. "You?"

"You? Who? Me?" Kyungsoo blurted, here was his eyes, bulging again. My goodness, it's him.

"Yeah. Right. It's really you." Yifan chuckled and walked towards him.

"Ahh.. uhh really? you sure? Maybe it wasn't me?" Kyungsoo laughed nervously, turning his head away as if checking every corner of the ceiling to hide his face.

"Soo~ I'm back." Junmyeon cooed cheerfully as he entered, finding the two at the counter. "Oh yes sir, what do they need?"

"I'm just looking for a nice gift to give for our office's Cris Cringle." Yifan smiled at him before turning back to Kyungsoo. "I'm Yifan, I forgot to tell you the last time." He offered his hand to him in which he took formally.

"Uh.. Kyungsoo."

"Kyungsoo."

"Y-yifan, right?" Kyungsoo let out an awkard laugh that made the taller guy chuckle before nodding.

"See you around, Kyungsoo." Yifan smiled before heading out of the shop, leaving the two bemused.

And then the whole night was filled with nothing but Junmyeon bombarding Kyungsoo with questions from who was that guy, where did they meet, why did he introduce himself to him and I thought he was going to look for a gift but why did he went out without holding any, was he trying to be cute for him. Oh, how he wished;

"Oops- kidding" Kyungsoo mumbled to himself and laughed quietly of how silly that thought was.

-

"Are you still thinking about me the way I think of you right now?~" Yifan cooed teasingly at him as they walked side by side in the street.

"Oh please, shut up." Kyungsoo interrupted, glaring sharply at him.

"Yeollie-ah~"

"Yifan"

"Oh yes, Kyungsoo?" Yifan hid a smirk knowing the smaller was getting annoyed even more.

"You'll shut your mouth or I'll shut it myself?"

"Will you kiss me?"

"No, I'll punch you."

No one can tell how their closeness zoomed more like or even more faster than The Flash just within a few days. They found themselves drawing close to each other as it was started with just simple exchanges of text message of how are yous and I'm fine what about yous. Until the conversation got into deeper and meaningful talks; of how one time Kyungsoo got annoyed when Yifan replied late in his text message and the latter didn't miss out the sulky replies he was receiving. Or of how Yifan started checking his phone from time to time only to see if the other replied. Neither of them minded that thing anyway and in fact, they seemed enjoying each other's company that's why here they are, heading to where they can fill their stomachs and warm themselves from the cold breeze of the evening.

"So, is this a date?" Yifan asked excitedly while showing his wide gummy grin at the smaller.

"Nah, a thanksgiving hangout." Kyungsoo smiled oh-so nicely but he really planned for a good comeback.

"So, this is a date?"

"For the nth time, Yifan"

"This is?"

"No."

"This is."

"No."

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Then it is, you said yes." Yifan winked at him and he whined in defeat.

Yifan observed the small form next to him and he just couldn't help to wonder how can Kyungsoo look so adorable even without doing anything. He was just there, walking along beside him; covered with a thick cozy sweater and neck rounded by a knitted scarf that made him look fluffy. Kyungsoo felt a small drop on his nose and before he knew it, a few beads of snow started to fall. He looked up at the sky with a bright smile, enjoying the first snow he'd just been shared with Yifan. Beautiful, just like the snow.

-

12/24/2016 2:45 PM
From: Giant Dork
So, I'm asking you for a real date this evening

"WHAAAT?! DATE??" Kyungsoo startled and almost fell on his seat as Junmyeon gasped exasperately behind him. He didn't notice his friend was long standing there while peeking at his phone as if anticipating for the next scene that will happen in his favorite kdrama.

"He's going to marry you, Kyungsoo!!"

"Shush," he snapped, trying to keep himself from feeling those butterflies in his stomach. It's impossible, his friend was just being ridiculous and he would almost think he was a delusional freak. It was just an invitation for a friendly date, that's all.

12/24/2016 2:48 PM
From: Giant Dork
I'll pick you up at 8 pm. You can't say no to me. See you.

12/24/2016 2:49 PM
To: Giant Dork
Alright, sure. See you. :)

He spent a couple of minutes thinking whether to put smiley or kiss face but yeah, to not be obvious though.

-

He had a few hours on getting ready and finding a nice clothes to wear. Don't get him wrong, he wasn't being a teenage girl who will have her first date so she must look pretty than ever, well, maybe or maybe not. He even got to listen to Junmyeon's tips and reminders like he almost wanted to tell to just replace him and go on his date instead. And now he was sitting on their reserved table across the gorgeously handsome in his sight he-would-almost-fall-on-the-ground, Yifan. The latter smiled at him and he finally fell from his chair.

"You look nice," stop it, my goodness, Kyungsoo thought after the compliment for him.

"Really, and cute. Wait, you're getting red" Yifan pointed out before laughing, realizing that Kyungsoo was blushing.

"Huh, it's cold. Stop thinking that your handsome face makes me blush."

"You were saying? I'm handsome?" Yifan grinned mischievously at him, chuckling as he watch the other turning his head away to hide his blushing cheeks. So cute. "You're so easy to get caught, Kyungsoo."

It was pretty obvious to tell that they both enjoyed the dinner, especially Yifan who never stopped on making the smaller blush or glare at him with matching pointing of fork towards his direction. For him, that was the cutest thing. How sweet.

They got a relaxing and wonderful sight as they stroll along the street by the road after their dinner, it is more beautiful at night since everything was lightened up by Christmas lights and decorations. The weather was cold yet the feeling was warm. The Christmas eve was nearing but they continue to head towards a certain place, it was kind of familiar with Kyungsoo and he opened his mouth as he finally remembered. He held Yifan's arm and starts dragging him back.

"I knew it, not here" he whined, trying to pull the other which was way stronger than him.

"Nah, here." Yifan easily dragged Kyungsoo by his arm as they getting near.

"Yifaaaan" Kyungsoo pouted. "It's embarrassing.."

"Trust me, it's not." Yifan pulled him by the hand carefully and not forcefully this time. They were now standing in front of the river, though not exactly to where they met for the first time. Kyungsoo was huffing and puffing his cheeks to not feel any embarrassment again. Yifan looked down at him and tilted his head to check his face.

"Yah. It's fine."

"Thanks." Kyungsoo nodded.

"Were you really serious of doing that when I saw you here?" Kyungsoo lifted up his head and finally looked at him before he shook his head.

"I'm not that stupid. I may have loved Chanyeol but I love my life way more than him." He laughed a bit and Yifan smiled at him oh-so sweetly in return.

"Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo." He greeted cheerfully before handing the smaller his gift. "Here."

"Merry Christmas to you, giant tease! Ouh- wait," Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he realized he forgot to bring gift for Yifan. "I forgot your gift" he pouted, hoping the tall guy will understand and let it pass.

"Not a thing, just open my gift for you." Yifan showed a gummy grin and smiled even wider as Kyungsoo started to open his gift.

"A message in a bottle?" Kyungsoo stared at the small bottle fitted in his palm before looking up at Yifan who was wearing a wide grin while nodding at him. He laughed softly of how cute he was.

"Just read the message." He removed the cork of the small bottle and pulled out the rolled paper inside it. He couldn't stop the heat creeping up on his cheeks as he read it;

•Your lips on my lips, that's a very merry Christmas•

He managed to look at Yifan and seeing his embarrassed expression gave him an idea to tease the tall guy even more. He cleared his throat as he open another message, this time he red it aloud.

" 'Cause it's you. You're the one I want for Christmas" Kyungsoo stifled a giggle but failed, Yifan was just so cute as if he turned into a small kid in front of him. "I didn't know you're too cheesy." Yifan smiled proudly before spreading his long arms for him. Kyungsoo didn't hesitate as he immediately went into the tall guy's arms and wrapped his own around him.

"I like you, Kyungsoo" Yifan murmured against his hair and Kyungsoo lifted up his head to look at him, smiling brightly as ever with his heartshaped lips.

"Here's my gift," He cupped Yifan's cheeks, pulling his face down a little before he pressed a sweet deep kiss against the other's soft pair of lips. Yifan knew that Kyungsoo's answer to his confession was needless to say since he already expressed it so much with just a kiss. He hugged him tight and pecked on his cheek right before a familiar biker passed by again, playing the song All I Want For Christmas Is You in his speaker. The said biker held out an okay sign at Yifan and he replied to it by making a superb sign in his fingers.

"Who was that?" Kyungsoo glared at him as he caught him grinning like a dork.

"Aw, nothing. Nothing" Yifan chuckled, looking down at the seemingly jealous adorable guy in his arms before he pecked on his forehead. It was really a very merry Christmas.

 

♡♡♡

Author's Note: First of all, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you enjoyed the story, aigoo. I would love to read your feedback and comment about it. I can tell, that doing this is a way for me to share my love for this season because I really love Christmas. And krisoo for y'all! *round of applause for the dear ship* ♡ who's with me?? Aww

PS. To someone who's buttery yet a cheeseball, this is for you.