Hugs?

Just Hugs

When I was young my family gave me lots of love. A hug here, a hug there, hugs everywhere. Maybe that's why I don't dislike showing affection towards the people close to me, people I like. I like to give hugs very much. It's my way of spreading love and joy. The other members often come to me for a hug whenever they feel down or they just feel like getting one. It's fun to do and It makes me happy. There's just this one member that doesn't want hugs from me. Taeyong. Anyway, as I said, most of my co-members approach me for hugs. It's either that or out of my own volition.

"Hyung?" A familiar voice called out to me. 

"WinWin? What is it?"

"I just wanted a hug." I realized why he wanted a hug other than the reason that it's winter and freezing cold. Sicheng misses his family. He misses them because he's not used to celebrating Christmas without them. He continued "Hyung. I miss my family so much. I want to see them."

"Come here! I'll give you a hug." To which he immediately complied.

"Thanks hyung. I'm glad you're always there." 

"I know. I know. But think about it. You can skype them! Plus! You can make new memories with us. It'll be so much fun. You'll see!" The sadness on face started to disappear as relaxed in my embrace. "Feeling better?"

Sicheng left feeling happy after our little conversation.

Great work Jaehyun! You made another person happy. Keep it up.

I made my way to my room, which I shared with Mark to check up on him. When I came in it was very dark. I the lights only to find an adorable Mark sound asleep. I entered the room quietly trying not to make any sound that might wake Mark. It was a good thing that the floor was clear of anything. When I reached the bed, I couldn't help but look at Mark's sleeping face. He was so cute! 

To my surprise Mark suddenly opened his eyes, which made me take a step back.

"Did I disturb you?"

"No hyung. I was actually awake. I was trying to get some sleep but I couldn't. I guess I'm too excited for Christmas." I could practically see the excitement leap out of every word he said.

"Hahaha! You're not the only excited person around here. But you should try and get some rest before Christmas. We prepared a lot of exciting activities for you guys. Oh! And don't forget about all the food and presents!"

"Hyung! You just made me even more excited." He said in a complaining yet happy voice. 

"I'm sorry. I guess I was excited too. Hahaha!" 

"Just give me a hug hyung. Your hug makes me feel very comfortable. It reminds me of my mom." he said, while sheepishly smiling, to which I happily obliged.

After a few minutes, I heard Mark's soft breathing which was a sign that he was already asleep. I carefully laid him down on his bed. As I stood up, I suddenly remembered something.

Shoot! I forgot to take the cake out of the oven! I hope it didn't burn! Stupid Jaehyun!

I ran out of the room like my life depended on it. I passed by Johnny and Taeyong hyung who were about to leave the kitchen.

Whoo! Thank goodness it didn't burn! That would have been a let down.

"Everything okay? Why were you running?" said Johnny.

"Everything is fine hyung. I just forgot to take the cake out of the oven. Thankfully it didn't burn." I said with evident relief.

"Oh. That would have been a bummer. But what's worse is that Taeyon here forgot to buy someone a Christmas present." 

"Hey! It's not that I forgot to buy a present! It's just that... It's just that I don't know what to give him."

"Excuses Taeyong. Excuses. You could've bought something generic. Like... Uhmm... Like a blanket! That's generic." Johnny hyung's reply made me laugh.

"Don't worry Taeyong hyung. I'm sure that person won't mind. As the saying goes, it's the thought that counts." My reply made Taeyong hyung smile. Well it was just for a few seconds, but I was sure that he did smile.

"Thanks Jaehyun." He turned to Johnny and said. "We should probably go and let Jaehyun finish what he has to do here."

"Oh yeah. Bye Jaehyun! See you later. I can't wait to taste what you've prepared."

I was finally left alone in the Kitchen but was still wonder who Taeyong hyung forgot to buy a present for. He usually has gifts for everyone.

Oh well. I should get this done so I could get some rest. 

I finished up quickly so I could get some shut eye even if it was just for an hour.

 

When I woke up Mark was no longer on the to bunk and I could hear lots of noises outside. I guess they're all really excited. I should get reasy too. So I stood up from the bed and wore a plain shirt then put on a red cardigan.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" I practically screamed out of excitement and happiness. 

Everyone replied in unison.

"Merry Christmas!"
"Merry Christmas Jaehyung hyung!"
"Merry Christmas Jaehyunieee!"

After all the greetings and games, we ate everything that could fit into our stomachs. It's finally time for the gift giving. We didn't have an exact system for it but what we do is one person stands up and gives his presents for all the members. We started with Taeil hyung since he was the oldest followed by Jisung, then Johnny hyung, Jaemin, Chenle, Ten, Renjun, etc. The last ones to give their gifts was me and Taeyong hyung. I got up and started giving my gifts giving the last one for Taeyong hyung since he will give his gifts last. When I gave him my gift he didn't look at me. He just said a quiet thank you, which made me wonder if he's alright. 

It was Taeyong's turn. He went around the room distributing his gifts. I didn't get one. That's when I realized who Johnny hyung was referring to and why Taeyong didn't look at me when I gave him his gift. I didn't mind though. I was already happy that we could celebrate Christmas together. 

I was talking to Doyoung hyung about how fun the activities were and that he enjoyed the food when Taeyong hyung suddenly dragged me away from the other members.

"What's the matter hyung?"

"I just wanted to say sorry because I didn't have a gift for you." He sounded very guilty.

"It's okay hyung. Really. It's alright hyung. I don't mind." I tried to embrace him but he stopped me.

"Don't Jaehyun. Don't hug me."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude your personal space." 

He suddenly put his around me, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Don't hug me Jaehyun. Because I should be the one hugging you. Sorry again. Sorry I don't have a present for you."

"You do have a present for me hyung." He looked confused when I said that.

"Huh? What do you mean? What present?"

"This hug hyung. How did you know that I liked being hugged more than hugging someone?"

"I-- I didn't." His face started to turn beet red.

"Thanks for the present hyung. Thanks for the hug and the kiss."

"Huh?! What kiss?"

"This." Then I kissed him.