ー first & last。

Holiday Love.

"Juyeon! You have a present from auntie!" Her big sister shouted from the living room as Juyeon stood up from her chair and walked downstairs. "What is it?" Juyeon raised her eyebrow and her sister, Hyunjung handed her a simple white envelope. Juyeon opened it carefully and gasped. "Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD. FINALLY!" She squealed so hard and jumping around the living room. Hyunjung was confused as she steal the envelope and screamed together with her little sister. "We're going to the concert!!" Music Evolution Concert was their most awaiting concert this Winter Season but unfortunately, they don't have much savings for the concert. They immediately contacted their aunt and kept on saying 'Thank You' and 'Merry Christmas' excitedly.  

Week before the concert.

*ding!*
Juyeon looked at her phone and checked the notification. She tilted her head as she saw a message from her ex-crush, Kihyun. 

Kihyun: Hey! I just want to ask you something.
Juyeon: Aye. What is it?
Kihyun: I just reread our conversation a while ago and, is 'KANDSNOASN' a word? 
Juyeon: WHAT. 😂😂😂😂 No, It isn't! 
Kihyun: Ah, Really? Sorry! I thought it was a real word from another country. 
Juyeon: It's no big deal.
Kihyun: Yeah, so, How are you? Our last conversation was when we saw each other at the cinema. Was it your birthday?
Juyeon: Ah, yeah! I was quite surprised that I saw you there. I'm doing well, by the way. You?
Kihyun: Same. Damn, It's been a year. 
Juyeon: Hahaha. Yes it is. 
Kihyun: We kept on talking without formalities since then so, Hey. I'm Kihyun, Yoo Kihyun.
Juyeon: Pleasure to meet you, Son Juyeon is the name.
Kihyun: Likewise! Wow, you seem friendly.
Juyeon: Hey, I'm always friendly!
And their text conversation continues until they fall asleep.
-
Three Days before the concert.

Hyunwoo knocked on Juyeon's door and Juyeon opened it swiftly. 

"Yep, Hyunwoo Oppa?" Juyeon asked. Hyunwoo grinned happily as he showed 7 tickets for the concert. "Guess who's also going to the concert!" Juyeon beamed as she hugged her big brother tightly. "Yay! It'll be a fun night!" she said. "Yeah, it is. But-" Hyunwoo stopped his sentence as he looked at his tickets. Juyeon broke the hug and looked at him, confused. "But what?" 

"I have one extra ticket, but I don't know who to invite. Do you have someone in mind?" 
-

*beep!* 
 💌 : You have a message from Juyeon.

"Hey Chicken! Wanna go to a concert this weekend? Reply back okay!"

Message to Juyeon:
"Sure, what time? I might be there."

-

D-Day.

Juyeon, Hyunjung, and Hyunwoo traveled together to the concert, greeting them with tons of attendees outside the venue, waiting for the cue to go inside. Juyeon kept on messaging Kihyun but no answer. 'Weird, He doesn't even missed a text from me' She thought. Hyunwoo poked her little sister as she turned to him. "Who's your friend you're talking about by the way?" He said. Juyeon was about to speak until she realized, he knew her secrets before. "Uhh. J-Just a friend!" She smiles sheepishly making Hyunwoo more confused. "Yah, if it's a weird friend again I swear I will-" "Okay fine, It's Kihyun!" Hyunjung popped out of nowhere with widen eyes. "Kihyun? As in, your crush since middle school? Yoo Kihyun?" Juyeon nodded. Hyunwoo and Hyunjung looked at each other and starts teasing her. "Ayeeee. I can see that Kihyun is hitting on you!" Hyunwoo teasingly said. Juyeon glares at the guy and blows her raspberry. The older siblings laughed and continues teasing her until-
*cues ringtone* 
Juyeon startled at her phone that vibrated inside her pocket. She fishes out her phone and answered without looking at the caller id. 

"Hello?"
"Oh, Juyeon-ah. I'm here." It's Kihyun.
"Ah really? where are you?"
"I'm actually walking towards you."
"Eh?" 
Kihyun tapped Juyeon's shoulder making her turned immediately to his direction.
"Oh? Kihyun-ah!" Juyeon beamed and waves her hand. Kihyun smiles at her reaction.
'Look at her, being awkward with her crush.' Hyunjung whispered at Hyunwoo, who is chuckling.
"Talk about puppy love, hm?" 

"Oh my god, there's so many people!" Hyunjung shouted as they walked inside the venue. Hyunwoo looked around and waved someone, which is his group. "Aye guys!" Hyunwoo hugged each one of them while greeting.
"Ssup people! Oh? Juyeon! Hyunjung!" Minhyuk said and hugged them. The two sisters hugged Minhyuk back and chuckled.

"Juyeonnie." 

A familiar voice tingled Juyeon's ear; Hyungwon.
"Tall boy! It's been a while!" Juyeon smiles widely and did their friendship handshake together.
"I missed you!" Hyungwon claimed.
"Aw, I missed you too." Juyeon replied and ruffled his hair, laughing.
Little did they know, Kihyun kept on clenching his fist while watching the best friends conversing. Hyunwoo saw Kihyun and smirked. 'Still the old Yoo Kihyun.'

"Ah, I'm so tired." Hyunjung groaned as she walked straight ahead to her room. Juyeon was about to go as well but Hyunwoo stopped her. Juyeon looked at him. "Yes?" she asked.
"Aren't you going to say Thank You?"
"Hm? For what?"
"For the ticket."
"What's wrong? I ha-- Oh, Kihyun?" Hyunwoo nodded.
"Oh right. Thank you! I'm also glad that Kihyun enjoyed it." Juyeon smiled while Hyunwoo scoffed. Juyeon broke her smile after hearing her brother scoffed.
"Wae? Is there something wrong?"
"No, Not really." Hyunwoo walked past by her, leaving Juyeon in a confused situation. 

*beep
💌 : You have a message from Kihyun

"Hey Juyeon, thanks for tonight! I really appreciate it. Don't forget to wash your face and brush your teeth! I'll be sleeping now. Good Night. 🌙"

Message to Kihyun:

"Mm, thanks as well! I'll talk to you tomorrow. Sleep well! 뿅. ✨"

After the concert, Kihyun and Juyeon became more and more great friends and the others noticed it. They always go out and play, watch movies, even stargazing. The siblings saw that Juyeon improved her social life since then. Juyeon began to like him as a man once again. 

"Juyeon-ah!" Hyunwoo shouted from his room. Juyeon stepped out of her room and heads to his brother's room. "Yep, sir?" Hyunwoo looked at her seriously before letting her sit on his bed.
"What's wrong?"
"Do you really like Kihyun?" 
Juyeon blinked and nodded. "Mm, why?"
"Again, Do YOU really like Kihyun?
"Yah, you're scaring me!"
"Ah, just answer my question!" 
"Yes, I do like him. Now tell me why?"
"Well, I think he also likes you, too. Before that concert incident happened."
"Concert... Incident?"
"Mm, he kept on looking at you and Hyungwon because he thought that you like Hyungwon." Hyunwoo sips at his coffee while twirling his pen around on his fingers.
"Y'know, Let me tell you about Yoo Kihyun. He's that friendly-satan guy who loves to interact with people. Yes, he is that popular since Middle School, if you still remember. But. . . Other than that, he is actually head over heels for you back then. He's quite a coward for not confessing during Spring Ball. Do you remember when he left the school because he's leaving the countryside and didn't even say goodbye to you? He was scared to look at you and might get embarrassed if he did another mistake so he hid from you. But I know until now, he still likes you. I can feel it." Hyunwoo said.

Juyeon was surprised after what his brother said. 'Yoo Kihyun likes me? That's impossible!'

"H-How did you know all of t-these?!" Juyeon stutters and Hyunwoo laughed so hard. 

"You really don't know? Yoo Kihyun is a former member of my group since Middle School, Monsta X!"

-

Time Check : 11:48 pm.

And still, Juyeon is awake. Thinking about what really happened during middle school era. She still couldn't believe about his story about Kihyun but the half of her believe that it's true because Hyunwoo doesn't lie. at all. She kept on tossing around her bed, until she falls asleep.

Juyeon and Kihyun didn't hangout nor talk via sms during their Christmas Break. It's already last week before Christmas yet Juyeon kept on looking at her phone, but still no messages or replies. She's worried that he doesn't like her anymore. 

4 days before Christmas : No Replies from Yoo Kihyun.
This is making Juyeon more frustrated and kept locking her door because of this. What if he was just playing with her?
What if he really left the country? 
All in her head was all What if questions.

2 days before Christmas.

Hyunjung and Hyunwoo barged in Juyeon's room, making Juyeon jumped on her bed. 

"Hey, Can you guys ev-"
"JUYEON, KIHYUN IS MISSING."
"Wh-What?"

-

"We can't even contact Kihyun for 5 days already and he hasn't even come back to dress up or something in our dorm. Even the school said that he can't trace his location." Kihyun's friend, Seungwoo said, trembling that something bad happened to his friend. 

‘So that is why he hasn't even reply to my texts. Where the hell is he?‘

-

Today is Christmas Day. He's still missing. Juyeon kept on looking for him but no evidences and all.

Today is New Year's Day, Still, No traces of him. But, Juyeon doesn't even give up. 

Let's fast forward to 2017. Winter Season.

"Juyeon! Look! I got tickets for the 2017 Music Evolution!" Hyunjung said while skipping to Juyeon's room.

Juyeon is now a Performing Arts Major Student. Hyunjung is currently working as a barista and performer in a cafe near their house and is now in a relationship with her childhood friend, Shin Hoseok. Hyunwoo is preparing for a debut with his group this coming year. 

Juyeon nodded and continues to strum her guitar. Hyunjung pouted and sits on her bed. "Still can't get enough of him?" 
Juyeon sighed and shakes her head. Hyunjung smiled and hugged her tightly. "Don't worry, we'll have fun in this concert." 

-

"Wiiiie! This will be fun! Also, it's Christmas Eve! It's so special!" Hyunjung beamed and Juyeon smiles at her sister and nods after. "This better be a good one." She said. Hyunjung smirked and secretly takes out her phone.

‘She's here. Don't do any mistakes anymore okay?!’

"Wait eonni."
Hyunjung immediately hides her phone and looks at her little sister. "Y-Yes Baby Girl?"
"Who are the artists featured anyways?"
"Ah, you see, there are so many so I can't even count them all! Ahahaha."
Juyeon squinted at her before looking back at the stage. Hyunjung sighed in relief.

-

"And now, let's welcome YKH!" The host announced.
‘YKH? Why does it reminds me of--’
The guy came up to the stage and smiled at the crowd. 
"This guy.."
"This..."
"Guy..."
"Yoo Kihyun.."
Juyeon looked at her sister immediately but she just smiled. 
It's a plan.
"Uh. Well, I'm not the only one who'll perform today but I would like to introduce to you, my group since Middle School, Monsta X!" Kihyun said before the boys makes their entrance and the crowd screamed.
"What the hell is happening?!" Juyeon said to her sister, which she saw that she's also surprised. Whateven?
They performed several songs until they finally reached the last song. 
"So, the last song is called Amen. This song is actually for a girl, a little sister which we all cherish. So, I hope you'll like it everyone!" Hyunwoo said while looking at the crowd. Minhyuk whispered something to him and saw his siblings among the crowd, still in shock. Hyunwoo winked at them and starts performing the song. Hyunjung knew that it was a cue to make Juyeon go up to the stage and see him. She quickly drag Juyeon to the Mosh Pit area and asked the security, making them nodded. ‘Hm, I think they knew the plan anyways.’ Hyunjung thought.
Juyeon stopped her sister from dragging her. "Eonni! What are you doi--"
"This is for your happiness, Son Juyeon! Now go, and make them happy again!" Hyunjung said before pushing her. Jooheon saw the two and began to help Juyeon to climb up to the stage and he calmly performed his rap with his arm wrapped on her shoulder. 
Kihyun, on the other hand, almost froze on what he saw. It's Juyeon. Someone patted his shoulder from behind: Changkyun. "Yes, she is really here now focus on the last performance!" He said. Kihyun nodded and starts to perform in ease while looking at his longtime crush.

"You're so awesome back there, Juyeonnie!" Hyungwon said and highfives her. "Thanks, Hyungwonnie!" She replied and Hyungwon winked. "You're always welcome!" 

"Monsta X! The dinner buffet is ready!" PD said and all of them rushed to the room except Juyeon and Kihyun. 

"So, you came back huh?" Juyeon said while playing with her fingers.
Kihyun looked up to her and looks away.
"Uh yeah."
"I missed you."
"I-I missed you, too."
"Do you really?"
"What are you sa-"
A sound of sob suddenly made him stood up and walked to her. 
"Hey, I-I know It's my fault for not telling you that I hid for all these times. But, actually, I worked so hard to be a singer and my inspiration is you. You're the one who made me became like this. I'm really sorry I let you hurt by yourself. I'm sorry I'm not with you during holidays and all. Yes, I do missed you, Son Juyeon. Forgive me for what I've done." Kihyun kneeled down and holds both of her hands. Juyeon sobs more before hugging him tightly. "No, I'm sorry, Kihyun. Please don't blame yourself." Kihyun smiled weakly and puts her hand on his cheek. "I won't, if you'll forgive me." 
"Yah, didn't I already forgive you?" Juyeon said and Kihyun shaked his head. "No, you didn't."
"Okay fine, I forgive you!"
"Good, now will you be my girlfriend?" Kihyun smirked and Juyeon bluntly answered. "Yes-- wait wha?" "You said yes, so that's a yes!" Kihyun stood up and jumps around the room, making Juyeon flustered. "Y-Yah! I didn't even listen properly!" 
"That's your fault. Ha." He walked towards her and cups her cheek, pecking her lips.
Juyeon blinked few times before smiling at the cute chaste kiss. 

"FINALLY! IT'S CHRISTMAS!"
"IT'S ALREADY 12:05!!"
"OH REALLY?"
"THEY CONFESSED AT 00:00!"
"REAAAALLY?"

Jooheon and Minhyuk's voice were heard outside the room and Kihyun sighed and opened the door, revealing the group with their ears stuck on the door. All of them gasped and runs away except Hyunwoo. 
"You better take care of my sister, Kihyun." He patted Kihyun's shoulder before walking away.

"00:00, huh? We're the Christmas couple then?" Juyeon said and the new couple smiled at each other.