Too Soon?

Stalker

Junhoe's PoV

I adjust my camera, reaching for that perfect focus to capture his beauty. It didn’t take that long; I’ve clearly get used to doing this. Then I take a few snaps.

I pause and look at the results. As I see them, it’s impossible not to smirk in adoration. Every single photo that I took off him easily shows off his charm. Perfect.

When I’m satisfied, I sit down and wait. His next class starts in an hour. Like usual, he will sit and wait in that café with a cup of hot chocolate until fifteen minutes before his class.

As I watch him, I lean forward in curiosity. It’s so weird, isn’t it? I have been stalking him for a full three weeks now. In that timespan, I’ve learned everything there is to know about him. And yet, here I am. Watching him as if he is the most interesting thing in the world.

The irony is, I thought learning about him can bring me closer to him, but it only serves to alienate me from him.

What if he thinks that what I’m doing is creepy? I mean, I’m crept out by myself.

In the end, I’m just a weirdo that can’t help but want him.

My train of thought is disrupted when my attention is brought back to him.

He has been reading a book for the past few days. Now he is on the last few pages; he will finish that book very soon.

I watch as he flips the book page by page. Finally, after about ten minutes or so, he flips the last page and reaches the back cover, smiling satisfyingly at the end.

He puts the book in his bag and takes a sip off his hot chocolate. He then takes out his phone and plays with it a little bit, possibly checking the time. In the end, he finds nothing interesting and puts it back in his pocket.

After a while, he starts getting bored. He looks around, watching the customers that come and leave, watching the barista making coffees, watching the cakes and sandwiches on display. But it seems people-watching isn’t his thing.

He taps his fingers a few times at the table, staring at his hot chocolate. After a while, he decides to finish his drink and takes a walk.

When he stands up, I pack my camera and stand up as well. He exits the café and starts walking toward the location of his next class, with me following him from a safe distance.

As he walks, he notices a florist in the corner of the street and pauses to look at the flower. He takes an interest in a pot of red roses, but quickly walks away.

He keeps walking, and I keep following him. Eventually, I reach the same florist. I look at the pot of roses that he takes an interest in, contemplating whether to buy it or not. In the end, as he goes further and further away, I decide to buy a few stems and quickly return to my safe distance.

Soon, he arrives at the campus building. He turns toward his locker and opens it, taking a few things out. He then leaves for his classroom.

When he has been gone for a while, I walk toward his locker. Locker number 98, the passcode is 126. I open it, intending to put the few stems of red roses that I just bought.

“Um… Excuse me?”

I startle a little. I turn around and find Chanwoo staring at me. He looks back and forth between me, the roses on my hand, and his opened locker.

I cannot find a trace of disgust or annoyance in his stare. Instead, his eyes seem to be filled with… excitement?

“Is that for me?”, he asked, pointing at the roses on my hand.

I look at the roses and slowly extend my hand, presenting them to him. He eagerly snatches them off my hand and closes his locker. He then walks away while smelling the roses, leaving me speechless.

But, before he completely disappears, he turns around and smiles at me.

“We can talk.”, he said.

“Eh… what?”, I asked in surprise.

“This must have meant something, right?”, he asked, lifting the roses on his hand. “I said we could talk.”

Before I get the chance to reply, he turns around and walks away. I swear I can see a faint tint of blush on his cheeks when he turned around.

I walk away dazed. He didn’t think I’m creepy at all; what a nice guy! Good-looking and nice. Why must I fall for someone so perfect… Maybe it’s because he’s so perfect that I cannot help but fall for him.

I stroll toward his classroom, taking my time to immerse in my blossoming heart. Once there, I sit near the door and wait until his class finish. A smile is plastered on my face the whole time. I decide to take my camera and look at the photos of him I have taken in the past few weeks.

Time flies as I engross in his beauty. He looks so gentle, so pure. Not long after, students start exiting the classroom.

I wait until he appears. Finally, he shows up. He almost walks past me, but I call him.

When he heard me, he smiles and sits down next to me.

I show him my camera, letting him look at all the picture that I’ve taken.

“Ooh… You’ve been taking pictures of me!”, he said. “You’ve been following me for… how long?”, he asked.

I stare at him, thinking about what kind of answer won’t make me sound creepy. He soon stares back at me, waiting for an answer. In the end, I decide honesty is the best answer.

“Three weeks now.”

“I see…”, he said, looking back at the camera.

I pause for a while, taken aback by his composure. “You don’t find it… creepy?”, I asked.

He looks at me. “No, I find it… flattering.”, he said. “So… what’s your name?”

At that point, I realized that I haven’t introduced myself. I tell him my name, as well as some other random stuff about me, making him laughs.

“That’s a nice name.”, he complimented. After he said that, he stands up.

“Where are you going?”, I asked.

“Food. I’m hungry. Wanna come?”, he asked back.

I look at my watch. It’s already six! Time sure flies when I’m with him.

I stand up and start walking next to him. While walking, I exaggerated my arm movement a little bit so our hands would touch here and there.

I watch how he reacts. He seems amused and slightly annoyed by how our hands keep brushing. In the end, he decides to end it by grabbing my hand and holding it tight.

I freeze in disbelief when he holds my hand, making him turns around to check on me. “This is what you want to do, right?”, he asked, referring to our hands holding. “Too soon?”

I quickly shake my head, making him smirks. He then turns his attention back to the road and continues walking, dragging me slightly.

He is blunt, way too blunt! My poor little heart cannot take this. Before I know it, my cheeks and ears are getting rosier.

“You are blushing.”, he pointed out.

“I… sorry.”, I said, not knowing what to say.

“It’s not a bad thing.”, he assured with a cute pout. “If anything, it makes you more attractive.”

Did he just… Did he just call me attractive!?

“You’re blushing again.”, he said with a chuckle.

“I… I cannot help it…”

We continue walking until he realizes that we’re walking around aimlessly. “So, what do you wanna eat?”, he asked.

“Anything’s fine.”

Hearing that, he pulls me toward a small restaurant in the corner of the street. Not the best place, but I suppose it is the nearest.

We quickly take a seat and decide on our order; it’s easy since I just get whatever he’s getting. After a while, our food comes, and we dig in.

I eat my food slowly, instead opting to watch him eat. I have watched him eat many times before from a distance, but this is the first time I watch him eat up-close. He looks even better closer.

He eats more voraciously than usual; it seems he’s really hungry. Once he’s done, he looks at me, and I look at him. I barely even eat half of my food.

“Do you want mine?”, I offered.

“Keep it. I’ll just order something else.”, he quickly replied, calling the waiter. In the end, he orders a dessert for two.

While waiting for the dessert, he stares at me curiously. “So, why me?”, he asked.

I stare back at him, realizing that I don’t actually know the answer to that question. I open my mouth, trying to come up with something, to no avail. I end up closing my mouth again, making him laughs.

“That’s ok if you don’t know.”, he said between his laughs. “I mean, I don’t know why I fell for you either.”

I almost choke when he said that sentence. Is that… a confession?

He laughs again at my embarrassment. “Too soon?”, he asked me that question again.

I look at his eyes, trying to determine whether he’s serious or just playing with me. But I cannot read anything.

I open my mouth; I’m sure my cheeks are still rosy red. I tried to say something, but I just cannot find the right word. Fortunately, the dessert comes to the rescue. His attention shifts to the dessert as soon as it arrives.

“Do you want some?”, he asked.

I smile and take just a few bites, knowing full well that he’s the hungrier one among us. When we’re finished, he insists on paying, and we walk outside as soon as he paid.

“Where do you live?”, he asked.

I tell him my address, making him says, “Oh, that’s not far from my place. I guess we can just walk together then.”. After saying that, he holds my hand again and continues walking.

Not long after, he suddenly stops. He turns around and faces me. Before I can ask him what’s wrong, he lands a soft kiss on my lips.

I jolt in surprise when his lips touch mine, but I immediately revel in it. After a while, he pulls back.

My face is getting rosy for the nth times today, and not even the dimness of the night can hide my blush from him.

He smiles at my blush. “Too soon?”, he asked one more time.

I look at him, trying once again to figure out if he’s serious or just playing. But I decide it doesn’t matter; even if he’s playing with me, it’s worth every single second.

Then, I shut all my thought as I lean forward to land another kiss on his lips.