Final

What I want for Christmas

A petit lady sitting behind her desk, looking at a certain photo frame, reminiscing all the memories that happened during that day...

 

“will you take this man to be your boyfriend?”  he said as he handed her a bouquet of ‘forget-me-nots’ (flowers that symbolises true love) 

“yes, I will” a simple yet life changing answer was given by her as she accepts the bouquet 

 

“Excuse me Mrs.Park?” her thoughts vanished as soon as a voice called her. She swiftly put the frame down beside her laptop and corrected her posture. 

“Yes?” she asked with her calm and soothing voice. “I apologise Mrs. Park, I knocked a few times but you did not answer” her assistant, Kim Minji, lowered her head. 

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me Mrs.Park, it makes me sound so old, just call me unnie Minji-ya” she ended her sentence with a sweet smile. Being a young, famous, successful, CEO of her own fashion brand caught her off-guard, she never thought that her business would do really well, and she can never get used to people calling her ‘Mrs.Park’.

“There’s a package for you from-“ before her assistant could finish her sentence, Chorong received an incoming call from someone.

“Just leave it right there, thank you Minji” Chorong thanked her assistant as her assistant kept the package on the coffee table in front of her desk and left her office.

 

“Hello”

“Did you received the package?”

“So the package was from you?” Chorong said as she approached her coffee table and looked at the details of the package

“Did you opened it already?”

“Not yet, I just received it from Minji” 

“Well then, I’ll leave the call till here, don’t skip your meals, Love you!”  the man on the other side of the phone hung up without letting her reply. 

 

Chorong chuckled and put her phone down, she took the package and opened it carefully. She gasped as soon as she saw a dress with a small note on top of it.

 

I’m taking you out tonight for Christmas eve, I’ll pick you up at 7 ;) - Kim Junmyeon

 

Her heart fluttered, she took her phone and texted him, a smile plastered on her face soon as she pressed ‘send’

 

Chorong was getting ready, just a few final touches she'll be done, when suddenly she heard a very familiar voice. "Chorong-ah, are you ready?" The voice belongs to none other than the guy who asked her out tonight, Kim Junmyeon. "I'll be out in a minute" she shouted from her room. Junmyeon took a seat on the sofa and tried to fix his tie while smiling like an idiot. A minute later, Chorong entered her living room and is surprised by a very funny sight, Junmyeon struggling to tie his tie. "Here let me help you" she took his tie and began tying it into a perfect shape.  Junmyeon couldn't take his eyes off chorong as she fixed his tie. " any moment now your eyeballs will pop out" she ended her sentence with a chuckle. "How can you be this beautiful? Tell me" Junmyeon said as he looked at her with his sweet gaze. "What are you saying?" She linked with his arm and dragged him out of her apartment, blushing all the way. "Seriously tell me" Chorong scrunched her nose and punched his shoulder, Junmyeon chuckled at her cute reaction.

 

"Where are we going?" Chorong said as she looked at Junmyeon fixing her seatbelt. "You'll see" he replied her with a cheeky smile and drove off.

 

"We're here" Junmyeon announced as he took off his seatbelt. "Isn't this-" before chorong could finish Junmyeon cutted her "Yes, your favorite restaurant and don't worry I have reservations already" Junmyeon open his side of the car door and walked towards Chorong's side and opened her door. "Shall we?" He handed her his empty hand and she gladly took it. Both of them walked towards the entrance of the restaurant and entered it.

 

"Kim Junmyeon" Junmyeon mentioned his name and without any hesitation the waiter took them to their reserved table. It was a great spot, it was close to the stage, where they have amazing live performances. 

 

"You know we could just have dinner at my place, why bother going out?" Chorong said as she took a bite of her tenderloin steak. "Well, first of all I don't want to burden you, second, we've been doing that for the past 4 years and lastly it'll be our fifth year spending Christmas together, so I want it to be special for you" Junmyeon took her hand and caressed it lovingly. Chorong could only smile, how can she be this lucky to have such a thoughtful boyfriend. 

 

After enjoying their meal and small conversation, Junmyeon suddenly stood up and held his stomach. "I'll be going to restroom, just wait here". Chorong chuckled and nodded her head.

 

10 minutes passed already and Chorong began to worry about Junmyeon, suddenly the lights turned off, and the projector on stage , showing pictures of Chorong and Junmyeon. After seconds, Chorong gasped and finally realized that it was her on screen. “Park Chorong, this is for you” suddenly Junmyeon came out from the back of the screen and started singing ’What I want for Christmas’ with the help of his 3 friends Baekhyun, Chen, Kyungsoo and the band.

 

This is already

Our fifth Christmas together

We already

Fit each other well Yeah

I thank you always

You babe

I don’t need a special gift

Cuz you, You’re the one

I want for Christmas

The song

That I sang for you then

It’s been another year, so like this

We sing it together and let it snow

Yeah, I feel alive

Even in the cold wind

There’s a new dream

That we will achieve together

It’s possible if I dream with you

Winter sun

Your voice is bright like a Christmas carol

It makes your voice

Be heard far up in the sky Yeah

I thank you always

You babe

It’s the reason the winter is a little more special

Cuz you, You’re the one

I want for Christmas

The song

That I sang for you then

It’s been another year, so like this

We sing it together and let it snow

Yeah, I feel alive

Even in the cold wind

There’s a new dream

That we will achieve together

It’s possible if I dream with you

I will be your miracle

So the jingle bell will ring far and wide

Our winter is warm

It always has been

The song

That I only sang for you then

It’s been another year, so like this

We sing it together and let it snow

Yeah, I feel alive

Even in the cold wind

There’s a new dream

That we will achieve together

It’s possible if I dream with you

 

After the song ended, everyone clapped and was amazed by the sudden performance. Chorong’s hand was then held by her friend Bomi and was slowly dragged on stage. As they were walking on stage Chorong was shocked to see her and Junmyeon’s friends and families, she did not noticed them being here. Each and everyone one of them were giving her a rose as she passes them. And finally as soon as she reached the stage, Junmyeon took her hand carefully and pulled her to the middle. He looked at her in the eyes and then went down on one knee. 

 

“Park Chorong, we’ve known each other for a really long time, and I really want to spend my whole life with you. Will you take this silly boyfriend of yours to be your Husband for the rest of your life?” Junmyeon said as he took out a small, red, box out from his pocket. Chorong could not believe her eyes, the man she loves is proposing to her right now, in front of everyone. She could only hold back her tears and nodded. Junmyeon took her hand, placed the ring on her finger and hugged her. Everyone clapped and cheered, all of them were happy for the couple. 

 

“I love you” Junmyeon said as they broke their hug.

“I love you too” Chorong said and they ended their night with a passionate Kiss.