Colorless

Colors

"I won't be on Christmas by my own ever again!" Baekhyun said to his friend Jongdae, voice a little too loud and a frown on his face.

 

It was a calm Monday for Jongdae, well at least until Baekhyun started screaming and complaining about his love life. It wasn’t that bad,  he was still young and handsome to be worrying about it right now, or at least that’s what the younger thought, but we are talking about Baekhyun, the hopeless romantic who still believed on fairy tales, destiny and read his zodiac every morning online.

 

"It wasn't that bad, Baekhyun. You were with me and Chanyeol." Replied Jongdae to his dramatic friend.

 

They had spent Christmas together, eating and chatting on a small café they like, until it was midnight and decided to give the little presents they prepared.

 

"Well that's the point! I love you guys but I'm already 24 years old! I need to find someone to be the rest of my life with." Said Baekhyun who was walking to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass of water and started drinking all of it. Once he was over, he looked at his friend for an answer. "So? Aren't you going to tell me something?"

 

There was no use to even answer that, you could talk and discuss with Baekhyun all the time but you will never win against him.

 

"You're stupid." Was all the younger told to his friend before going to his room, leaving the blond all by himself on the kitchen, with an empty glass and a headache.

 

"Great." Murmured the boy. He went to his bedroom and sat on his bed, thinking about all he had done and what went wrong with his dates through the year. It shouldn't be this difficult to find someone, right? He was handsome and charismatic, a perfect match! Also he was really smart, which could attract someone, or not?

 

He had done everything to find someone, but nothing was right, he went to blind dates, online dates, he tried to know more people, he even tried to date Jongdae's (weird) friends, he wasn't even that picky...okay maybe he was, but he did his best to fall in love... he only wanted someone who was perfect for him, who could identify with him, they should have the same tastes on clothes, food, games, music and even colors.

 

Colors.

 

Baekhyun stood up from his bed and went directly to his closet, right there on top of the shelf was a thin and colorful book that his grandmother gave him when he was a teenager, all before she got sick and passed away.

He looked at the book remembering his wonderful grandmother, he thought about the exact words she told him when she gifted him the book.

 

"My dear Baekhyun, I know you are a little bit too young to understand what I mean with this, but there's something you always have to remember; everyone has a soulmate and all of us have to be prepared for a storm to find it, but that's not all, sweetheart; you need to pass a rainbow to find it, you need to pass a lot of colors and personalities to find the right one. You may be a little bit too young, but there will be a day you'll understand it. And find that person who will make you feel new things and emotions, that's why I'm giving you this, I know it's nothing special, but I hope that with this you'll know what kind of person is better for you. I love you dear."  Said his grandmother, on Baekhyun’s 18 birthday, it was already dark and she had asked him to go on a place where they could be together and where she could give him his gift, his book.

 

It wasn't a really old book, probably something she bought at some random library in the love section. It was of a pretty deep red color with a bit of shine on it and thin pages that looked old. She must have been kind of joking when she gave him this, maybe she meant it, maybe she meant every word she said, but not taking so literally the theme of colors.

But it wasn’t a bad idea, he only needed to understand the whole meaning of this book.

 

 

'Soulmates by color.'

 

 

"Interesting name." Baekhyun said to himself, holding the book with extra care. He opened it and saw a tons of colors’ names, its meanings and how they were reflected on people's personalities.

 

White.

Blue.

Red.

Green.

Orange.

Pink.

 

And a ton of more different colors and its varieties.

 

Baekhyun thought this was interesting, he never thought how such a simple thing, as the favorite color of someone, could have a bigger mean and could tell a lot more about someone's thoughts and personality.

 

He figured how he actually didn't have a favorite color, he never thought about it or at least not on this way.

 

Favorite color.

 

How difficult can that be?

 

He started thinking about his favorite things.

 

He likes his big red sweater his grandmother gifted him the last birthday she was still alive. It was warm and it made him look a lot cuter.

 

He likes the red couch on the living room, it was the first time he bought something all by himself. He remembered how he and his best friends went to bought it, and how since the first moment it caught his attention.

 

He likes the red velvet cake his mother bakes every New Year's Eve, which he haven't taste in such a long time, because he hadn’t been home for New Years in about two years. He missed his family.

 

He likes the red roses that flower shop right on the corner of the street has on display every time he goes to work every morning.

 

He likes the intensity of red and how vibrant it is at whatever time it is and how deep it can be. It meant so much to him how beautiful it was and how many important things in his life are red.

 

Red.

 

Red is his favorite color.

 

It excited him knowing the meaning of it and how colors were alike to zodiac signs. How they could tell so much about someone and how truly was amazing how accurate the meanings were with Baekhyun's personality.

 

Maybe with this it will be easier to find the perfect person for him, without the constant need to ask a lot of questions, just their favorite color and Baekhyun will know about the person's likes, dislikes and how they were and what kinds of things he should ask and what he shouldn't even ask.

 

This was his new weapon.

 

At the end of the year his perfect someone will be by his side on Christmas night. He was so sure about it, it was truly exciting.

 

He went and knocked to Jongdae's door, not waiting for an answer he opened the door and came in with a big smile on his face.

 

"What the hell, Baekhyun? Why do you knock on the first place if you are just going to ent--"

 

"I have a secret weapon!" Baekhyun scream to Jongdae, the latter just looked at him in the eyes, confused by the older words.

 

They stayed like that for some seconds, no one saying a word, just listening the soft sounds of breathing. Until Jongdae broke the silence.

 

"I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be something you should scream."

 

Baekhyun laughed at him and got closer to the younger, sitting on the chair by the desk, turning to see Jongdae. His eyes were full of something the younger couldn't understand. And to be honest, was kind of scary.

 

"Not that kind of weapon, dummy," Baekhyun started saying. "I mean, I have something that will help me find a boyfriend, or at least it will make it easier.

 

"Okay...keep going."  Jongdae answer.

 

Baekhyun keep talking and explaining more about the book and its story.

 

"Right, so you are telling me that you will judge a guy by his favorite color with the hope you’ll find someone perfect for you thanks to that?" Jongdae said with incredulous eyes and a frown on his forehead, pointing at the book with his finger.

 

"Yep, exactly!" Baekhyun answer with emotion on his voice and a sparkle on his eyes.

 

Jongdae knew this shouldn’t be as amusing to him as it is, maybe thanks to this his year will be more entertaining. But still he should help his friends to come back to normal.

 

"You're crazy, not having a boyfriend it's affecting you." He said to his friend.

 

"Yeah, yeah whatever'" Baekhyun rolled his eyes, looking a little bit annoyed, but quickly that turned into a smirk. "So, Jongdae my good friend..."

 

Jongdae looked at him knowing what the next question will be.

 

This definitely will be an interesting year.

 

"What's your favorite color?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! I'm back with this fic!

This is an introduction chapter to the story. I don't know if this has been done before, but this idea came to me thanks to a friend who is just like Baekhyun haha

So, I was wondering if you would like me to explain the colors and its meanings on the next chapters, I mean every character should have a specific color, sooo

Please tell me! :D 

Comment what you think! 

XOXO :3