Wandering, wondering

Wandering

Jimin found comfort in the fact that he was never alone. Wherever he went, someone was bound to be there. Someone was there to keep him happy, to keep him company.

 

That is why when Jimin wakes up to an empty dorm, he is utterly confused. There was no one lounging around on the couch. Despite it being 8:46 in the morning, there was no one in the kitchen, cooking something outrageously mouthwatering. There was no complaining about the relatively early hours and Jimin was worried.

 

Where could they have gone?

 

Jimin even goes as far as checking the toilet, but there is nothing. It is all empty, and the feeling worry grows in his chest, working its way to his throat and starts suffocating him gently.

 

Could they have left him for some sort of event without him?

 

Jimin wondered, but that was nearly impossible. They could not just forget him like that.

 

He walks into his and Yoongi’s shared room and hastily reaches out for the phone he had left on the top bunk.

 

He quickly types in Seokjin’s number, and after a few dial tones it stops. He is met by the cold voice of the voicemail, and Jimin feels the already growing lump in his throat growing bigger, and Jimin does not know why, but tears start to well up in his eyes.

 

There’s no reason to worry, he thought. They’re just doing… something.

 

Jimin tries to dial all of the other boys up, but it does not work. He is sent to the voicemail every single time.

 

Half an hour had passed, and Jimin realizes he is not dressed. If he got dressed, he might be able to find out whatever had happened to them.

 

Jimin is on his way out, when he realizes that checking his phone for any sort of clues would be a good idea. He presses the Twitter icon, but he is redirected to the login page. A disappointed frown creeps onto Jimin’s face. He forgot his password.

 

It was so goddamn stupid, and this was absolutely not supposed to happen now. Jimin is close to smashing his phone to the ground but he refrains. He spent way too much money on that phone for him to just break it like that.

 

Jimin walks out of the complex, pulling on his mask. The mask normally did not help very much from fans, but it was better than nothing.

 

Jimin walks for a while.The streets are busy.  After being close to being bumped into every other second, he passes a flower shop.

 

Beside from the colourful flowers that were so nicely decorating the store, making it very approachable, there are six men in black suits.

 

Jimin recognizes all of them, and this sort of unnerving relief washing over him.

He was not sure how long this would feel like relief.

 

“Hoseok!”, Jimin calls out, but there is no response. He tries again, but there is nothing.

Jimin walks inside the store.

 

“Boys? Where have you been? I’ve been looking everywhere for you? Why are you guys even wearing those clothes anyway?”, Jimin tries to ask, but there is no answer. They all remain with their backs against his vision. Jimin is confused.

 

The group turns around, flowers in hand, and walks straight through Jimin. He is baffled, for he felt nothing.

Jimin is getting heady, and feelings are attacking him from everywhere. Despite this, he proceeds to run after them.

 

They only got a little further up the street, and Jimin catches them with ease. He hastily graps onto Namjoon’s shoulder but there is nothing. He falls through like he had simply been air, and crashes to the ground. Jimin winces in pain.

 

Jimin quickly collects himself, and ends up walking with them into a tall, commercial building.

 

They enter a room that looks painfully like the place his grandfather’s funeral had been held. Something dawns on Jimin. He starts crying, but it does not even matter.

 

They will not be able to hear anyway.

 

A bunch of flowers are put up in one of the room, and there he is.

 

The picture was taken on his nineteenth birthday.

 

Jimin finally understands.