Final.

When will I see you
"When will I see you again?"
 
"Soon..."
 
"How long is soon?"
 
He pulled slightly away from our embrace as he brought his face closer to mine. So near till our foreheads were touching, I could feel his warm breath on my lips. I looked up and met his eyes that was filled with such adoration. But behind them, I saw the swirl of emotions that was left unnoticed, reflecting some of my own. Even he does not know the answer. 
 
It might as well be our last time right now. 
 
I unconcsciously tightened my hold on him and grabbed a fistful of his shirt in my clutch. Hurriedly, I buried my face in his chest and inhaled his sweet smell, commiting it to memory. Every second is precious. Any second might be the end. I would not want to waste it.
 
"Yura..."
 
I smiled softly despite the negative emotion threatening to overflow. His voice. The reason that I was drawn to him in the first place. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I could hear it being whispered in my ear so gently, filled with love. At this moment, I was the happiest girl in the entire universe.
But that happiness was short-lived.
 
A knock on his hotel room door, broke every single wall of euphoria that I have built with this whole three months. He broke away from my embrance to answer the door. The warmth that I felt immediately disappeared. And I was left with a thumping heart. The clock is ticking softly in the background.
The voice of Mr. Yang filled the room, even though I did not see his face.
 
"Jungkook, it is time. We'll Yura out first, then you and the guys will leave next. 5 minutes..."
 
5 minutes.
 
So many things to say. So little time.
 
What do I do?
 
Suddenly, two strong arms tightened around me and I was once again in his warm embrance bringing me out of my reverie. I returned it almost immediately with the same amount of force. I was drowning. 
 
5 minutes.
 
"Kook-ah..."
 
"Shh..."
 
He broke away and cupped my face. His eyes filled with concern as he silently wiped away the stray tears that had lingered down my cheeks. 
 
"We'll meet again. After all, the world is such a small place."
 
That only made me cry harder. I grabbed his hands tightly while trying to stop the hiccups that has filled the room. I closed my eyes as Jungkook did the only thing that would help to calm me. He kissed me. I could feel his desperation and frustration as his lips covered mine in hurried pace yet so gentle. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he reminded me of the secret times we shared and the memories we created throughout the three months he was here with me, since the first time we met. Bangtan was shooting a reality tv show in my country. I happened to be one of the many fans lucky enough to witness the boys in action. Also lucky enough to catch the attention of the maknae. I still could remember it like it was yesterday. 
 
 
 
Everything went by in a blur. I was still deeply intoxicated when Mr. Yang knocked for the second time, signaling the end, pulling me out of my reverie and the kiss.
 
I looked back at his face for the last time, I remembered him giving me his usual boyish smile, before I was escorted through the back exit, away from fans, away from Jungkook. 
 
There was a hired taxi waiting for me there. I told the driver to bring me to the Airport. The ride was too long for my liking. It was when I finally reached the destination that I realized, as I stepped out into the busy departure entrance of the airport, I was just another fangirl in the crowd trying to see the boys for the last time.
 
The deafening roar in the hall signalled that they had arrived in the scene. I craned my neck trying to get a glimpse of the one I longed for. It was during this moments that I despised my height. I was crushed and pushed aside by rabid fangirls rushing to greet the group. Seeing that would not have the chance to go to the front, I rushed to the 2nd floor where I would get a wide view of the departure hall. I found a perfect spot and waited till they passed the check-in. I waited with battered breath. My hand immediately went to the glass wall as I saw them slowly entering in. 
 
I saw the rest, except him. I was worried. Did he went ahead first? Where is he?
 
I let out a relieved sigh when I saw him being dragged by Mr. Yang. He kept on looking behind him. My heart contracted at the thought of him possibly looking for me. I pounded on the glass wall trying to catch their attention. But being on the 2nd floor in a busy airport, the chances were close to none. 
 
"Jungkook!"
 
"Kook-ah"
 
I cried out loudly while hitting and clawing at the glass. I did not mind the passerbys that was probably looking at me as though I was crazy. I might as well be. 
 
I was not able to catch his expression as it was hidden perfectly behind his shades. But judging from the whispered conversation between him and Mr. Yang, and Jimin seemingly dragging him, it was as though he was stalling. 
 
"Jungkook, I’m here."
 
My vision blurred as I whispered uselessly. How stupid of me to forget my phone at home during this desperate moment. My heart sank as I saw them beginning to walk away. I stopped whatever I was doing and just stared at their retreating backs. I swallowed a lump in my throat while blinking away the tears that was threatening to fall. 
 
 
"JUNGKOOK!"
 
I screamed out his name for the last time with all my energy and feelings put into it. I gasped when he seemed to stop in his tracks. I prayed silently that he would just turn around one last time.
 
And he did. 
 
He was facing my direction, but I was not sure whether he was looking at me. I waved my arms in the air wildly. My tears had already flowed down my cheeks by this time and I didn't bother to wipe it off. 
 
Every second is precious. Any second might be the end.
 
My heart soared as I saw him create a heart-shape with his arms and throwing it at me. He then pointed to his lips and beamed. Somehow, in my hazed mind, I got the message he was trying to convey. 
 
Smile for me.
 
It was as though time stopped for that moment when we just stood there looking at each other. My hand was resting flat on the glass wall that was seperating us. I rested my forehead on the glass and closed my eyes, imagining that it was his forehead that I was leaning against and the watm breath was his. With a heavy heart, I opened my eyes slowly. 
 
Just like I expected, they were gone. 
 
Jungkook has left.
 
 
I guess it's better this way. I didn't witness him walking away. As I stared at the now empty spot where he once stood a couple of minutes ago, I came to realize that we did not find the answer to my question. I did not know when we might see each other again.
 
Maybe a year, or two.
Maybe not at all.
 
This year had been one hell of a 19th Brithday. But I am glad that I met him.
-----------
 
 
Today marks the day of what would have been our 3rd anniversary of our first meeting. We did not see each other again after that day. I did, but only through television and streaming from the net. I resumed the life I had before I met Jeon Jungkook in person.
 
The first few weeks after his departure, we did keep in touch, but soon the amount of our contacts decreased as our separate lives catch up on us. 
He did returned to my country again for his group tour the following year, but unfortunately, I wasn't reciding there anymore. And he was fully aware of that. I told him of the scholarship that I managed to receive and he was very supportive.
Though it wasn't easy at first. Not at all. 
 
Along the way, we lost contact. I assumed he changed his number the same time as me when I moved, due to the persistent fans. 
And it ended. Just like that.
 
I guess we managed somehow. He has his hectic schedule and group members to occupy his mind, I could only hope, while I have my neverending assignments and projects, and of course friends to keep me busy. I would probably be lying when I said that I didn't think about him at all. 
 
I do.
 
Every night, while lying in my bed, in the dark. I would still remember his sweet, manly scent. His muscular arms wrapped around me tight. And his melodious voice as he whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I remember it. So vividly as though it was yesterday.
 
 
They say that 'A love that was meant to be, will find its way back, no matter the time that separates them.' 
I will hold on to that. And he did say that we will meet each other again.
Things might be different from now on. Time had matured us both in our own ways. 
He might remember me as much as I remember him. Or he might not.
I can't foresee the future. 
But I can assure myself, that I will meet him again.
 
 
 
 
 
After all, the world is such a small place.