wish tree ; hwiyoung

winter snowflakes — a christmas collection

 

 

wish tree

 

 


you X hwiyoung


 HOHOHO. idk how this turned out honestly i wrote this at 2am in the morning so forgive me if there are grammar mistakes here and there yikes. i might edit this again if i find it ugly. anyway, hope you all will like this!! enjoy your holidays everyone! ADVANCE MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! OH AND PLS DON'T HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS, THEY ENCOURAGE ME TO WRITE MORE OFTEN AND IMPROVE I GUESS? NEXT UPDATE WILL BE SOON! NOT SURE IF ITS ON OR AFTER CHRISTMAS..

 

 

 

 

You walked the glowing and well-lighted streets, there were couples everywhere, laughing and hugging together as they walked hand in hand.

 

You looked at each of them with a sad smile, and continued on walking as you rubbed your palms together because of the freezing cold and placed them on your coat pockets. You left your gloves, again.

 

Carols were playing here and there. Children running around the white snow with their newly bought gifts in hand. Laughter filled the winter air. It truly was Christmas. And yet at this joyous and special day, you were all alone and you knew it was going to be another cold lonely winter night for you.

 

You finally stopped walking when you reached your destination. You looked up and managed to smile, it was your tree, no, it was our tree, as he called it, our very own wish tree, well it used to be.
 

 


You quickly packed your things up as soon as the professor ended the class. You looked at your watch and crap you were already an hour late because of some stupid alternative class.

 


“Ugh who the hell gives alternative class on a very special day this is just so annoying.” Your classmate, Irene groaned. “Hey ~~, why are you in such a hurry? Have plans for Christmas Eve?”

 


You didn’t even bother to look at your friend and just continued shoving your things inside your bag.

 

“Yeah.” You said, trying hard not to show your excitement by not smiling so widely but you doubted you did.

 


“Ohh.. someone’s got a date.” Irene teased you as she saw the smile on your face and sighed as she didn’t have any plans for the day. “If only that cute junior named Park Bogum would ask me out.”

 


“Aww but he seems to be into you though? Anyway, Merry Christmas Joohyun! Enjoy your holidays! I really need to go.” You said as you grabbed your bag from the table and made a run to the door.

 


“~~! You left your gloves!” Irene shouted but you were already out of sight.

 


As you reached the campus gates, you stopped and took the time to catch your breath for a while as you glanced around to look for the certain someone.

 

“He didn't probably went off without me did he?” You thought to yourself as you can't seem to find that specific guy who had a colored hair which was very hard to miss. You took out your phone from the side pocket of your bag, you were just about to call him when someone from your back suddenly wrapped his arms around your waist.

 

Your eyes widened at the sudden action, the backhug catching you off guard. You were just about to knock out whoever was behind you when a familiar voice rang into your ears like a melody.

 

“Looking for me?” He said while placing his head on your shoulder, snuggling down as he wrapped his arms around your waist even tighter.

 


“You scared me there for a second.” You groaned and lightly elbowed him on his side making him let go of you.

 

You finally turned to face him, “Did you wait long? Our professor was late so the class ended later than expected.”

 

“It was worth the wait if it means seeing you.” He said as he planted a soft kiss in your lips causing you to blush.

 

He chuckled seeing how you blushed, he liked it, how you would get shy after.

 

You hated how these simple things that he did still makes your heart beat fast and how you still get shy when doing skinships.

 

“Are you ready to go?” He asked and you nodded your head in return. “Where are we going anyway?”

 

“You’ll see.” He said with a smile.

 

As he walked ahead, he noticed you and finally grabbed your hand. He stopped and looked at you, then down at your hands. “You left your gloves again?”

 

“Oh. You're right. I must've left them in the classroom.” You said. “I was rushing so I forgot.”

 

He chuckled, “You’re so forgetful.” He grabbed your cold hands and breathed on them to keep them warm. He rubbed his hands together and clasped them around your hands.

 

 

He then removed one of his gloves and placed it on your left hand. His free hand grabbed your right, interlocking them and placed your hands on his coat pocket. His hand was warm over yours and you couldn’t help but smile as you imagined him doing this in the next few years. You wished that he would always be there to warm your heart.

 

“Don’t worry, as long as I’m here, you don’t have to worry about the cold. I’m your personal body warmer.” He told you.

 

You walked the streets hand in hand, the two of you would constantly look at each other and smile. It really was Christmas. You couldn’t wish for anything more.

 

The two of you finally came to a stop at a park filled with lighted trees. There were couples and families sitting down on the bench of each tree, celebrating the holidays. They were all smiling as they were decorating the trees.

 

“It’s beautiful.” You mumbled out.

 

“That’s not just it yet.” He whispered in your ear and covered your eyes with his hands.

 

He lead you the way as you asked where he was taking you but he ignored you and continued leading the way. He asked you to closed your eyes and not to open them until he tells you.

 

He removed his hands away from your eyes and slowly walked away. You kept your eyes shut, wondering what the surprise was all about. “Open them.”

 

You slowly opened your eyes and there, you saw a tree filled with pictures of you and him. Memories that the two of you shared together. Walking hand in hand. Drinking hot chocolate together. Even the letters that you two wrote to each other were there.

 

“Oh my god.” You let out and covered your mouth as you walked near the tree, where he stood.

 

“Do you like it?” He asked, scratching the back of his neck, feeling worried as you might dislike it.

 

You run up to him and quickly gave him a tight hug. “Kim Youngkyun. I love it.” You told him with a huge smile on your face.

 

The two of you sat at the bench below the tree, reminiscing each memory that were in the pictures.

 

“Remember that time when we got scolded by the teacher for cutting class.” You told him.

 

“I don’t regret cutting class though.” He admitted. “Because I got to spend some time with you.”

 

“Geez. Who taught you to be this cheesy?” You nudged him on his side as you smiled.

 

“Loving you made me this way.” He sheepishly smiled at you, making you shake your head in disapproval.

 

“This is our very own wish tree. It’s ours, no one else’s.” He said as he played with your hair.

 

 

You looked down at your feet as you sat down, wondering where and what went wrong. You sighed, it felt like just yesterday where the two of you would sit here every year and make wishes.

 

“I thought he said you were a tree that grants wishes. I thought he said that if I made a wish, it will surely come true but then, why..”

 

You closed your eyes and clasped your hands together, “I wish for me and Youngkyun to be together for a long long time.”

 

“Hey, what did you wish for?” He asked, wrapping his arms around your waist.

 

“It’s a secret.” You stuck your tongue out at him as you saw him pout.

 

You wondered if he was missing you every single day just like you do or is it just only you who was missing and longing for him. You hoped that he too was missing you, you hoped that he wasn't doing fine and that he was regretting every moment when he decided to let you go, you hoped that he would come running back to you again.

 

But that was selfish. That was what you want, not his. Maybe he really didn't feel anything for you anymore. Maybe that was really the end of it.

 

You looked up to the tree that used to be yours. You prayed, you wished, you hoped that at the very least, he was doing fine.

 

You placed your hands in your coat pockets and stood up to leave. A familiar blonde quickly stopped you on your tracks. It was him. Kim Youngkyun. The guy that you were missing so terribly.

 

You wanted to run up to him and embrace him, tell him how you yearned for him. In return, you wanted him to embrace you and never let you go, to tell you that he’s back and he’ll never ever leave you again. That no matter what happens, he’ll always be here for you.

 

But the girl trailing behind him stopped you from doing so. There he was, holding the girl’s hand and dusting the snow off the girl’s clothes with his other.

 

It hurt you, seeing how he was doing well and already have moved on. It was just you missing him so bad, wanting him back in your life, it was just you.

 

Your eyes followed them as they walked past the park, he didn’t even bother glancing up at the tree that used to be special for the two of you.

 

It truly was a tree that grants the opposite of what you desire. Because deep inside your heart, you wished that he was still missing you like you did.

 

You glanced one last time back at the tree, it no longer was yours or his, it was just a tree along with the rest. A tree that grants wishes.