final

Werewolf Love Story

"I found an omega outside the borders".

"Leave it alone", Wonshik dismissed. 

"Um, he was unconscious and battered so I brought him here" the other man explained. Wonshik looked up sharply from his paperwork. 

"You brought it here ---- and under whose orders?" Wonshik demanded in irritation. 

"Come on Wonshik, he's young. He wouldn't have survived", the man tried to explain himself. Wonshik growled and dismissed the man. Everyone around him was stupid and annoying. Although he understood that the other man did it as a good deed, Wonshik wished Hongbin would've let nature take its course. Damn it; another mouth to feed. 
He sighed and got up to take a look at this so called fatally wounded Omega.
He went the infirmary. 

The omega was covered in bandages at this point and looked malnourished. 'Damn' he thought, 'Who would be such a coward to do this much harm to an omega ranked person?
Only cowards hurt those weaker than them and it was a disturbing thought. 

But underneath all that, the omega was rather pretty with short black hair and round lips. 

"I suppose Hongbin told you" the doctor said. 

Wonshik scowled, "He's too nice, picking up strays". 

"Yes but this omega really wouldn't have made it. Looks like a lot of abuse", the doctor said. 

Wonshik sighed. Hongbin was his cousin and whether it was visible or not, they shared many things. And that included compassion and care for others. The only difference was that Wonshik saw this as a weakness rather than a gift. Sure he stuck up for unfair fights and abuses but bringing in strays was a nuisance. His territory was well-off sure, but at this rate, they'd only be stuck with extra mouths to feed. 
He knew that despite his will, he'd end up taking care of this omega and nursing it back to health. He couldn't be that old. 

He stuck around, seating beside the bed. He was busy in his thoughts when a whimper was heard. He turned to see the pretty omega awake, now with fear in his eyes as he looked at Wonshik. 

"Who-who are you? I-I wasn't ----- I-I'm sorry, so please ---"

Wonshik massaged his forehead with two fingers, "What are you going on about?"

The omega was quieted immediately but Wonshik could easily pick up his loud heart beat. 

"My cousin found you collapsed near our pack borders" he said, "Mind telling me how?"

"I-I ran from him. I know it isn't allowed but I couldn't take it anymore. I had nobody and he was going to --- I didn't want to----" the omega began crying softly as he remembered his past. 

Feeling bad, Wonshik stood up and awkwardly patted his back, "It's okay. I'm sorry for making you repeat all this. Calm down okay? What's your name?"

The omega looked up with teary eyes, "Hakyeon".

"There you go. Im Wonshik. Well Hakyeon, are you hungry?" 

The omega had calmed down and nodded. 

Wonshik nodded and went to find some food. He went to the staff fridge with a plate, filling it with pasta and salad. He handed Hakyeon some water before setting the plate on his lap. 
Hakyeon practically inhaled the food and was terribly sloppy that Wonshik had to stop himself from cringing. 

"So how long have you ran away for?" 

"A d-day ago I think" the omega slowed his eating. 
Wonshik raised a brow. One day without food wouldn't reduce Hakyeon to this state and Hakyeon understood the look. 

"Um he d-didnt feed me often" he offered as an explanation. 

"Who exactly is 'he'?" 

Hakyeon stiffened, "M-my alpha". Wonshik's eyes felt like they would pop put of his sockets. Alpha?? Omegas weren't promised to an alpha until hitting their heat cycle which happened around maturity --- 18 years of age. 

"How long had he been your alpha?" 

"4 years". 

Wonshik felt like he was going to puke, "And how old are you?"

"I turn 19 this year".

Wonshik tried to maintain his expression. 
He stood up, "I have something up; don't worry. My cousin will be here to take care of you". 

He hurried out of the room, feeling grossed out. As he began to leave the infirmary, he'd bumped into a friend; Leo. Leo wasn't much of a talker but was a kind man. 
"You okay?"

"oh leo, do me a favour and tell Hongbin to take care of the omega in room 237". 
Leo never asked questions and nodded dutifully. 

Wonshik patted his shoulder, "Thanks". 

Feeling exhausted, he just went home. Unable to get the thought out of his mind. 
Hakyeon was given to an alpha at 15?! That was terrible and to think anyone was this barbaric. The implications of his injuries were clear and Wonshik understood why Hakyeon had been so traumatized. 
He couldn't believe this; it was awfully like a horror story plot. He'd always been raised to respect everyone and NEVER raise a hand on an omega. Despite his cold attitude, he was never cruel and unjust. 
He got little sleep that night. 

"Hey, Hakyeon was asking about you" Hongbin said the following morning, "You should bring him breakfast". 
Wonshik absently nodded and went to deliver the omega some food. 

The boy brightened when he saw the latter, "Good morning". 

Wonshik couldn't help but smile as he set the tray on Hakyeon's lap. 

"Am I allowed to stay in your pack?" Hakyeon asked suddenly. 

Wonshik blinked in surprise. Hakyeon got anxious at the pause. 

"I won't be another mouth to feed, I promise! I can be paired with another alpha even, I can work or clean and help around too. I won't complain!"

Wonshik felt his heart tug at the desperation in Hakyeon's voice. God dammit, this was probably what made him so easy to take advantage of. 
"Hakyeon" he silenced the boy, "How could you say you want to be with another alpha after what you've been through?" 

"Y-your pack can't be as bad as him. I'm good at following orders", Hakyeon insisted. 

"Of course you'll stay Hakyeon, you don't need to repay anything or anyone", Wonshik stated, "You'll be fed and taken care of". 

Hakyeon was elated and profusely thanked the alpha. 

After Hakyeon had fallen asleep, Wonshik gently closed the door shut behind him. 

"You know sending him to the omega building isn't a great idea". 

Wonshik jumped and grasped his chest, "God dammit doc! Don't do that!"

"Alpha, you know the omegas are territorial of their rooms. And hakyeon is too fragile to be able to deal with that. He really needs one-on-one care. He seems okay but his positivity is just a coping mechanism. Events can trigger him". 

"What are you suggesting then? Pairing him with an alpha?! He's too easy too trusting and defenseless!" Wonshik snapped. 

"Not pairing" the doctor said, "I mean TLC".

Wonshik sighed, "I'll ask Hongbin".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why me?" 

"Because you found him" Wonshik grit his teeth, "Take responsibility". 

"But he saw you first when he woke up so he's attached to you" Hongbin protested. 

"he's not a hatched duckling! He'll be fine with you. Besides; you're good with this sort of stuff" Wonshik practically begged. 

Hongbin sighed, "Wonshik, I think this is time to come clean".

Wonshik stared at him. What the hell was Hongbin blabbering about?

"I've been seeing a beta, from the neighboring pack. And --- uhm I was gonna ask you if he can move here once we're bonded", Hongbin began, "We planned to do it in the following few moons but we got carried away and we're kind of --- bonded now". 

Wonshik wanted to kill Hongbin right now. 

"It was after meeting him that I found Hakyeon", Hongbin added. 

"So what do you want from me?" 

"Approval for Sanghyuk to join the pack? He's an avid hunter so he can take care of himself". 

It wasn't like Wonshik had a choice so he weakly nodded. 

Hongbin smiled and hugged Wonshik, "I owe you. I'm sorry you're stuck with baby sitting duty. But I'm sure Jackson wouldn't mind watching Hakyeon". 

As if Wonshik would let Jackson get a whiff of Hakyeon. The latter was a friendly and strong alpha but a terrible flirt. 

Well he had no choice now. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the guest room ------ where you'll be sleeping. If you give me your sizes, I cab go grab some clothing for you as well" Wonshik said. 

"I'm so grateful for all------" Hakyeon began but Wonshik stopped him. 

"Save it please. You can rest up and I'll leave food in the fridge. I have work to attend to so you'll be here alone. It's safe and don't answer the door. My number is on the fridge in case of emergency" Wonshik recited. 

Hakyeon nodded. 

"See you later then". 

----------------------------------------

Four months later, Hakyeon and Wonshik were in much more comfortable terms and Wonshik came to learn that Hakyeon loved communicating. 

"So how was work?" He asked eagerly. 

"Honestly, my job would be easier if I did everything" Wonshik groaned shrugging off his coat and collapsing on the couch. Hakyeon joined him, crooking his head to the side, "But wouldn't that mean you would have to do more work?"

"Yeah but at least I wouldn't have to repeat myself each time to get the fools to complete a task" Wonshik groaned, running a hand through his neat hair and disheveled it. 

"Oh that just be why you're so exhausted", Hakyeon nodded sympathetically, "Why don't you just wrote up everything and distribute it so that they don't have to come to you each time?"

Wonshik pondered on the idea, "that would take forever but it's a good idea".  

"Oh Hongbin is holding small dinner to introduce his new mate", Wonshik added, "Do you want to come?"

Hakyeon brightened, "Really? He invited me too?"

Wonshik smiled at the enthusiasm and nodded. 

"I can't wait! Is Jaehwan hyung gonna be there?" Hakyeon asked. Wonshik nodded again. Jaehwan was Leo's mate, a hyper active omega that sometimes shocked Wonshik. Jaehwan seemed to never get tired and was very friendly, easily earning Hakyeon's trust. Hakyeon told him everything ---- and they both loved communicating so it was a good match. 

"Ah right!" Hakyeon jumped up as he remembered something. He ran to the kitchen and returned with a tray of cookies. They weren't the perfectly shaped cookies but Wonshik's forced smile didn't waver. 
"I made some cookies!"

Hakyeon had been working on them all afternoon. He'd gone to get ingredients that morning as well and it took 4 trial runs to get it right. This was the fifth batch and Hakyeon was rather satisfied. The inside was chewy and savoury just like in the commercials. But he was anxious to see what Wonshik thought. He was never good at cooking and remembered being scolded a lot for his lack of talent. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he could improve. 

Wonshik looked up at Hakyeon's nervous expression, he was fiddling with his fingers, searching for a reaction. 

"Do you really want me to be honest?"
The alpha had taken a bite, deciding not to judge the food by appearance only but the bottom of the cookies tasted like ash and the inside was just dough. 

Hakyeon shoulders slumped and the excitement from his accomplishment withered away. He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, now looking at the floor. 
"Y-yeah, I thought so too. Cooking has never really been something I could accomplish". 

Wonshik regretted his words; he should've been nicer about it. 
"Hakyeon-ah, I didn't mean ------- it wasn't that---". 

Hakyeon forced a small smile, "No, its fine. I was just experimenting. I'm sorry for wasting the ingredients though". 

Wonshik wanted to apologize but Hakyeon had already hurried into kitchen, most likely to dump the rest of the batch into the trash. 

He followed him, "Hakyeon, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings". 

"No, its not your fault" Hakyeon said, facing the sink. 

Wonshik grabbed Hakyeon's shoulders and turned him around. The latter looked up in surprise.
The alpha sighed, "then why are you crying?" 

Hakyeon wiped the tears and sniffed, "It's just that I try so hard and it always ends up bad."

Wonshik ruffled the other's hair, "You know, Leo hyung is an amazing cook so maybe you can ask for lessons?"

"R-really? Do you think he'll actually teach me?"

"I don't see why not. And besides, he's free on weekends" Wonshik said, "You can ask at tomorrow's dinner". 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nice to see you guys again". 

There was a slightly taller male with a nervous, cute smile. 
"H-hi, I'm Sanghyuk".

Hakyeon happily shook his hand, "I'm Hakyeon, nice to meet you!" Sanghyuk felt a little at ease and led them to the living room where Jaehwan was on his phone. 

"Jaehwannie hyung!" Hakyeon cheered, enthusiastically hugging the fellow omega. 

"Hey Hakyeonnie! How have you been doing?"

Then, their conversation sparked. Wonshik shook his head and sat beside Hongbin. 
"Where's Leo?"

"He went to bathroom, we got started on appetizers. I'll grab you some" Hongbin said. Sanghyuk also got up to give him a hand. 
Then, Leo emerged and nodded at Wonshik. 

"Hello, alpha Leo", Hakyeon greeted politely. 

"Hakyeon", Leo replied with a nod. 

Jaehwan chuckled, "You don't have to call him that Hakyeon, you're just building his ego; he likes being thought of as a cold, tough person". 

That earned the omega a pinch at his side. 

"Sanghyuk seems nice" Hakyeon stated. 

"Yeah he's shy but that'll be easily fixed" Jaehwan agreed. 

On cue, Hongbin arrived with some cheese and crackers. "Sanghyuk is finishing up the pasta", he said, sitting down.  

"Oh yeah, wasn't there something you wanted to ask Leo, Hakyeon-ah?" Wonshik said. 

Jaehwan, Hongbin, and Leo all looked at Hakyeon in curiosity. 

"Oh um, Alpha Leo, if you don't mind I was wondering if you can help me improve my cooking", Hakyeon said shyly. 

"Huh? What brought this on?" Jaehwan wondered out loud. 

"I made cookies the other day but Wonshik said they were really bad and that maybe Alpha Leo can teach me to cook!" Hakyeon said quickly. He was nervous about Leo's answer. 

"Wow, you're such a " Hongbin scolded his cousin, "How could you be so mean to Hakyeon?"

Wonshik groaned, "Well it was insensitive of me and I apologized". 

"Sure, you can come over on Sundays", Leo's quiet voice interrupted. 

Hakyeon smiled widely, "Th-thank you so so much! I'll do my best!" 

Jaehwan pinched his cheeks, "Yay, and I'll get to see you".

The entire night was fun and enjoyable and they all had a great time. 

After dinner, Wonshik and Hakyeon headed home. They were both tired and didn't talk much but Wonshik noticed Hakyeon holding his stomach. 

"You okay?"

Hakyeon groaned, "I think I ate too much". 

"There's a convenience store across the road; you wait here and I'll grab some tablets" Wonshik said. 

Hakyeon leaned on the wall and waited patiently. 

However, he was spotted by a drunk man who was staggering  through the street. 
"H-hey, who are you?" The man asked. His speech was slurred and he was too close for comfort. 

"l-leave me alone please" Hakyeon didn't meet his eyes. 

"You're pretty though, maybe I should just get a new mate" the man slurred. He smelled of cigarettes and Hakyeon could practically taste the alcohol in his breath. It reminded him of his previous master and he felt sick to his stomach. He moved away, "Please--"

The man wasn't listening and his hands were on Hakyeon. The omega closed his eyes shut trying to block the harassment. 
And suddenly, the man was off of him. 
--------------------------------------

Wonshik hummed to himself as he paid for the items. He wanted to curl up sleep at the moment and it was helpful that the store was almost empty. 

When he walked through the door, his eyes automatically searched for Hakyeon and then he saw some guy had cornered the omega. Hakyeon's eyes were closed shut and he looked terrified. 

Wonshik jogged to the other side of the road and shoved the man off of Hakyeon. 
"Get away from him, you stupid geezer!" He growled angrily, kicking the drunk man on the ground. It was their typical hillbilly. "Yah, Haesong, go home and quit harassing others". 

"Oh Wonshik, is this one yours? He's not marked; can't I borrow him?" 

Wonshik kicked him again put an arm around Hakyeon's shoulders, "Come on, ignore him". 

Hakyeon's heart was beating and he was shaking. Terrible memories clouded his mind and he felt terribly ill and queasy. 

Wonshik rubbed the younger's back, "That was Haesong. His mate left him so he's always miserable. But I really don't blame her since he always was an either way". 

Hakyeon was quieter and calmed down as they drove home. Wonshik gave him a tablet and water before settling in for the night. 

Unfortunately the alpha was allowed to get a good rest because he heard audible cries of distress about three hours later. He squinted and saw the time as 2:56am
Then, he got up in concern. Did someone break in? Hakyeon!

Wonshik stumbled off the bed and hurried across the hall to see if Hakyeon was alright. He knocked gently but entered anyways when he heard whimpers. 
Hakyeon was still asleep but was clearly distressed. His forehead was sweaty and he was curled up in a ball. 
"Hakyeon?" Wonshik moved to shake the boy awake but he only panicked even more. 

"N-no, no please. I'm sorry, so sorry", Hakyeon mumbled as a few tears slipped down his cheeks. Wonshik frowned and moved away. Hakyeon relaxed and hugged himself tightly, rolling over on his stomach, head in the pillow. 
Wonshik calmed a bit when Hakyeon's heart beat returned to normal. 
But then it began decreasing and it took a while before Wonshik realized what was happening. He pulled the pillow roughly from under Hakyeon's head and flipped him. The boy's eyes finally shot open. He gripped onto Wonshik's shirt, nails digging into the alpha's skin. 

"W-wonshik" he said as his grip loosened, "I - you -- why are you here?"

"You were having a pretty bad nightmare, you even started to suffocate yourself in the pillow!" Wonshik explained. 

"I'm so sorry, you should go back to sleep", Hakyeon didn't know what else to say. 

Wonshik stared at the omega with a bewildered expression. He already knew Hakyeon didn't like discussing issues so he lifted the covers, "Scoot over, you must be dumb if you think Ill let you suffocate in a pillow".

Hakyeon blushed and moved to give the alpha room. 

--------------------
The following morning was certainly a sight to see. Wonshik awoke first, twitching his nose due to the hair tickling it. He gasped when he say that he was practically hugging the younger boy. 
Hakyeon's head was on one arm while Wonshik's other arm was around Hakyeon waist protectively. He quickly moved away but unable to move his other arm from under Hakyeon's head. Hakyeon was comfortably snuggled against his chest. Well at least the nightmare wouldn't be in memory. 

Wonshik gently lifted the other's head to slide his arm away to wash up and get started on breakfast. The doctor called them in to remove the bandage around Hakyeon's ribs and just to check up on him. 

--------

"Everything's looking good" the doctor said. 
Wonshik nodded and was about to leave when the doctor stopped him. 

"Hey, can I talk to you for a while? Alone?"

Wonshik was confused but told Hakyeon to wait in the waiting room. 

"I was wondering how Hakyeon has been around you and other alphas" the doctor said, "Has he been this comfortable?" 

Wonshik thought of the previous night's party and nodded, "Yeah he's doing really well. It's hard to think he went through all that".

"I guess because he young and optimistic that he conquered the traumatic event. Hakyeon also informed me that he'd be turning 19. It's a good time for him find a mate so he can continue on positive experiences. Alphas and omegas are only complete with a mate", the doctor informed. Wonshik's mood turned dark as he took in what the doctor was suggesting. 

"But he's still healing! What if something happens?" 

"There has been a lot of progress thanks to you and he'd be worst off if hes not mated soon. He's at the right age too", the doctor explained, "Unless you want him to be your mate which---"

Wonshik'd brain wandered at that; did he really want Hakyeon or was he just worried about his well being. At tines like this, Wonshik grew confused. He didn't understand his feelings so confided in Hongbin. 

"Wonshik, you're underestimating your own Pack. There are a lot of trustful alphas that would would gladly bond with Hakyeon", Hongbin scolded. 

"How do you know?" Wonshik demanded stubbornly. 

"Well firstly, most wolves here are taught to respect each other. And secondly, who wouldn't tap that ?"
The crude words earned Hongbin a smack upside the head and a glare. 

"Or unconsciously, you may want him ------- which would explain why you don't want him mated", Hongbin added. 

Wonshik sighed. Sure, he should have a mate by now and he liked Hakyeon. But did he want to spend his life with him? More importantly, did Hakyeon want to spend his life with him?
--------------------
"Hey Hakyeon, come here". 
The omega returned from a cooking lesson and cheerfully sat next to Wonshik on the couch. "Yes?"

"How was cooking?"

"Great!" Hakyeon exclaimed, "Alpha Leo is strict but he's very kind and taught me to correctly measure. Apparently, unlike cooking, you need to make measurements perfect when baking."

Wonshik nodded and forced a smile, "Well, I've been thinking. You're 19 and the doctor suggested you should get a mate".
Hakyeon looked blank, the smile gone from his face. 

"Um so maybe ----- uhm you can tell me if you have anyone in mind. But I don't want to force you Hakyeon. You'll be much happier with a mate and-----"

"But I'm happy with you".

The Omega's face made Wonshik's heart break. He looked crest fallen and betrayed. Realizing how much he cared for the latter, Wonshik knew he wanted Hakyeon. 

"Well I'm not mated either". Hakyeon looked at him in shock before he realized what the alpha was suggesting. 

"Y-you're gonna be my mate??"

"If you want" Wonshik shrugged, flashing a crooked smile. He was nervous if Hakyeon would even want him as a mate.  

Hakyeon leaped, hugging the alpha tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you!!!" 

Wonshik chuckled, "Thanks Hakyeon, thank you".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A date?" 
Hakyeon's eyes looked at Wonshik in confusion. "Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Wonshik asked. He wasn't expecting this response when he asked the omega out on a date at the nearby restaurant. 

"Isn't that stuff if you're courting me? I already said I'd be happy to be your mate so why---?" 

"What do you mean by that stuff?"

"Dates, hugs, cuddling, and all that nice stuff". 

"It's not for courting silly", Wonshik ruffled Hakyeon's hair lovingly, "I'll keep doing all that until you tell me stop". 

Hakyeon blushed brightly. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENJOY AND COMMENTS PLEASE

This is a little cheer up story for everyone suffering through exams. I had a final for "Cognition and Perception" and i didn't finish two questions which make up 12.5% of my total grade :'(((

 

omfg guys!!! I LOVED MILKY WAY!!! hyogi and ravi wrote it <333

and wtf FATAL CHA

it was soo beautiful!! BTW if you haven't seen their live performances for Desperate and The Closer, you're definately missing out!!!! GO WATCH IT<3