Russian Roulette

Shackled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a lazy Sunday evening. Mark and his girlfriend, Ara were sitting peacefully on the lime coloured couch in the living room, watching a drama on the TV sitting across them. They were snuggled together. She was snuggled against him and Mark had wrapped his arms around her. Ara’s head was resting on Mark’s chest and Mark’s on her head. 

 

Everything felt perfect. Too perfect.

 

The drama reached its as the main leads announced their undying love for each other and embraced. The actors pulled apart but leaned once more to lock their lips together but as soon as their lips were about to touch, Ara’s phone rang and she pulled away from Mark.

 

“Ugh. Who is it?” Mark groaned, not happy from their happy time to be ruined. He had in his mind that he would also kiss his girlfriend when the drama stars did.

Cheesy? Definitely.

 

His long slender fingers ran through his blonde locks as Ara got up from the couch and picked the buzzing device from the round, glass coffee table. She flipped her ash brown hair over her shoulder and pressed the phone against her ear, a small smile playing over her lips as she sat herself down at the couch again.

 

“Hey you! Oh is that so? Don’t worry, I’ll be right there.” Soon enough and much to Mark’s relief—he wasn’t paying attention to the actual exchange of words, Ara hung up and turned her attention back to her boyfriend.

 

Mark grinned. The damned drama was now playing the credits and he could finally have her to himself. He scooted closer and drew near but was stopped by Ara. She placed her palm over his lips and chuckled. 

 

“Not now. I need to go.” She said simply and got off the couch. She didn’t even wait for Mark’s protest as she went inside their bedroom to change. Mark pouted disappointedly. 

 

Ara came back after no more than ten minutes. Her  homely attire had been changed into something casual; a pink circle shirt accompanied by ballerina jeggings.

 

Mark’s brow lifted in curiosity, his pout long gone as she made her way towards him. She had tied her hair up into a messy bun, strands of hair still hanging loose. She walked up to him. She stood between his knees as he was still seated and look down at him. 

 

“Where are you going?” Mark asked.

 

She shrugged, “Ji Soo is having some boyfriend troubles.” She raked her fingers through his hair as she added, “I gotta be good friend to her.”

 

“Why can’t you be a good girlfriend to me first?” Mark pursed his lips, snaking his arms around her petite waist.

 

“Now now, don’t be such a baby, Mark. I’ll be home soon.”  

 

“How soon is soon?” Mark spoke in his cute childish voice that always made Jenny’s hear beat fasten.

 

“Before dinner.” Came her quick reply.

 

“Don’t go! Thats too much time.” Mark whined. He placed his head against her stomach in a loving manner, in an attempt to make her stay.

 

“Come one Mark. I’m going to be late. I’ll see you later.” She said with a chuckled and gently pushed Mark away. Ara lowered her body to give him a small kiss on the forehead before walking toward the doorstep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter