Chanyeol Oneshot

The Accidental Touching Incident

It was a beautiful day in sunny Seoul, Korea. Y/N was an aspiring K-pop trainee about to go to her first audition at SM Entertainment. Unfortunately, she was running late due to staying up until 4 a.m watching DIY noodle videos. She sprinted through the park as fast as possible; her leg muscles aching.

 

“Ah , I am so screwed,” Y/N thought to herself. “If i don’t make it all my hard work will go to waste.”

 

She jumped over branches, hopped over ditches, and almost knocked over a child but luckily swerved on time. Just when she thought she was going to make it, she suddenly felt like she was falling.

 

“Wait… wtf… am I going down?” Y/N thought before she landed facedown on the ground.

 

“Godammit… that was so embarrassing… I hope no one saw that… but wait, why don’t I feel any pain?” She groaned to herself.

 

“Um… excuse me,” said a deep voice above her.

 

Y/N suddenly looked up and locked eyes with a gorgeous guy with luscious hair that she recognized very well.  

 

“N-no way,” she stuttered. “You’re Park Chanyeol, right?”

 

“Uh, yeah,” he replied in an uncomfortable manner. “Nice to meet you, but… do you mind moving your hand?”

 

“Huh? What do you mean… oh!” Y/N face turned beet red as she realized the position they were in. Chanyeol was casually leaning against the tree while Y/N was facedown on his legs. She didn’t realize what her hand was on until she felt something kind of hard.

 

“I-I’m so sorry! Please forgive me!” Y/N quickly stood up and bowed in apology.

 

“That’s all right… it’s not everyday that happens,” Chanyeol said with a slight smile on his face.

 

“Damn, I’m not gonna lie, that didn’t feel half bad,” he thought to himself.

 

“So… what’s your name?” he asked, trying to divert his mind from the incident that happened. He didn’t want to creep her out from the pleasure he felt just a moment ago.

 

“I’m Y/N,” she replied. “Nice to meet you, by the way. And I’m really sorry for falling on top of you, I was in a hurry for- OH !” Y/N checked her watch and started panicking.

“What’s wrong?” said Chanyeol, with a concerned look on his face.

 

“I’m supposed to be at my kpop audition soon… what do I do? I’ll never make it in time! This is my only chance!” she said, tears starting to form in her eyes.

 

“Stay calm, I’ll help you out,” Chanyeol reassuringly said and took her hand. “Come on, you’re just in luck. I was gonna head back, so I’ll take you to the audition.”

 

Y/N  looked up at him, and quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. “Really? You would do that, even though we just met?”

 

He shrugged and smiled. “Why not? I feel terrible when I see girls cry, plus Baekhyun might scold me later. I might as well help you out. Now let’s go! My motorcycle is parked over there, we’ll be there faster than you can say “EXO.”

 

Before Y/N could reply, he tugged her hand, running to his bike. He got out a helmet from the small compartment on the back of his mobile and tossed it to her. Chanyeol put on his own helmet and sat in the front.

 

“Hold on to me. I’m pretty skilled at riding, but you’d better have a tight grasp, just to make sure.” he stated as he started the engine.

 

“O-okay,” she replied as she sat down and slipped her arms around his waist. She could feel his hard muscles through his shirt.

 

“Dang, this must be some sort of dream or something,” she thought to himself.

 

Together, they raced through the streets of Seoul, zipping by food carts and angry elders  yelling at them to start walking instead of using those “disgraceful mobiles.” Finally, with about 45 seconds to spare, they made it to the SM building.

 

Y/N wanted to thank him, but she quickly jumped off the bike, threw her helmet off, and sprinted like hell through the doors. She still couldn’t believe that she actually made it.

 

“HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE!” she yelled as she bursted through the doors, startling the three judges sitting at the table. Y/N quickly looked around the room. There was no one but the judges and her in the room.

 

The three judges were giving her an uncomfortable look. In the middle, was Choi Siwon from Super Junior, with his perfectly styled hair and iconic beard. On his right was BoA, and on his left was Key from SHINEE.

 

Y/N bowed and apologized. “Please forgive me for being so late, something happened on the way and I-’’

 

Key held up his hand. “No need for the chit chat. Are you prepared for your audition?”

 

Y/N nodded quickly. “Yes! I am!”

 

“Okay, go for it then,” said BoA.

 

A song was played, and Y/N began to dance. She tried her hardest not to make any mistakes, but like anyone, she was extremely nervous with the three judges watching her, without saying a word. After the dance session was finished, Y/N sang a ballad song, hoping it would win the judges’ approval.

 

After the whole audition was finished, the judges began to scribble some notes on their paper. Beads of sweat trickled down Y/N’s face; she was anxious about the results.

 

“Okay, thank you for making it to your audition. The results will be posted in about an hour, so please wait with the others,” BoA said, not looking up from her notes.

 

“Thank you again!” Y/N bowed and rushed out of the room. She gave a huge sigh of relief, and was about to walk about when she bumped into someone.

 

“Ouch! Dammit,” she grumbled, rubbing her head. She looked up and was about to give a piece of her mind, but it was Chanyeol.

 

“Oh! Hey there,” she greeted him with a smile.

 

He smiled back down at her. “How’d the audition go?”

 

Y/N shrugged. “Hopefully the judges like me. I mean, this has been my dream for years! And I’ve worked so hard for it, I really hope they accept me.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled and patted her shoulder. “Don’t worry, I bet you did great. When do we get to see the results?”

 

“In about an hour or so… want to get something to eat? I think I owe you some food, seeing as I had to make you give me a ride,” said Y/N.

 

“Sounds good,” he replied. “Maybe you can feed me too.” He winked that made her knees feel like jelly.  

 

Y/N blushed, and the duo began walking to the nearby Cafe Bene. They ordered their drinks and bread, and sat down on an outside table.

 

The two had a good time relaxing, sipping their cups and eating their delicious cheese flavored bread. Y/N realized that even though Chanyeol was such a renowned KPOP star, they had a lot in common. They both enjoyed watching the same shows, listening to the same bands, and doing the same hobbies. They both discovered that they loved to try and create their own music, and play the same video games.

 

“No way! You guys all went to a rave after your first concert? Your manager let you?” Y/N leaned forward, eyes shining.

 

Chanyeol looked kind of sheepish. “Uh… please don’t tell anyone this but we put a bunch of laxatives in his muffin. He spent a long, painful night on the toilet… and that was our chance to sneak out and get lit. But you gotta keep this between us, the Dispatch would die if they found out.”

 

Y/N laughed. “It’s alright, sometimes you just gotta go and live life! Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me. I still can’t believe you idiots pulled that off though.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled and ran a hand through his perfectly styled hair. “Yeah… when we gave him the muffin Xiumin-hyung almost ruined it and cracked up, but Sehun kicked him and he shut up.”

 

The two continued to converse about their life experiences as they were eating. The more Chanyeol talked to Y/N, the more he liked her. She was just so easy to talk to, and he felt like they could go on for hours.

 

“You know Chanyeol, I’ve never felt this at ease before. I feel like I’ve known you for years, even though we just met, and I guess I did spend most of my high school life watching you on stage.” she laughed. “But getting to know you in real life… you’re just like a regular guy. Don’t take this the wrong way, but you don’t act like a star at all. I feel like you could be someone that went to school with me.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at her, feeling relieved. He didn’t really have a lot of experience with girls, and a lot of the female idols that he met were all pretty boring and didn’t want to do anything that he liked. With Y/N, it was a different story. She was so full of life and different from anyone he had ever met. He liked the way she talked, laughed at his jokes, and the cute way she tucked her hair behind her ear. And the way his heart sometimes pounded quicker when she smiled at him… it was official. Park Chanyeol, main rapper of SM Entertainment’s most iconic group, EXO, was in love with Y/N.

 

After a while, Y/N checked her watch. She gasped. “Oh my god! SM has probably posted the list of who made it or not! We gotta go back!” She stood up from their table and began running full speed back to the company.

 

Chanyeol immediately followed her, dropping his bread in the process. They finally made it back, where they saw a group of people crowding around a piece of paper on the wall. Y/N pushed through, dying to know whether she was accepted or not.

 

“Excuse me, I’m sorry, just need to get through!” she apologized and ran her eyes down the list, heart thundering.

 

She slowly made it from the top to the bottom and….

 

didn’t see her name on the list. (DUN DUN DUN)

 

For a second, it was like time had stopped. No, this couldn’t be. She looked through the list one more time, just to make sure she didn’t make any mistakes.  

 

It was official. She wasn’t accepted into the company. It was over.

 

Tears started streaming down Y/N’s cheeks before she could stop them. The crowd continued to push and shove, wanting to see if they were accepted, but Y/N could just not bear it anymore. She shoved people away and kept her head down, not wanting anyone to see her cry. She passed by Chanyeol and ran out the door.

 

Chanyeol, who was prepared to give her a congratulatory hug, frowned as he saw Y/N burst out of the building. He then came to one conclusion: she didn’t make it. He wanted to give his labelmates a piece of his mind for not accepting her but there was something more important he had to take care of. Chanyeol ran out and tried to find Y/N, but she was nowhere to be seen. Where could she have gone?

 

“Damn it, think!” Chanyeol smacked his head and thought of where Y/N might have gone to. He remembered something they were talking about at the cafe. She mentioned that in times of stress, or if she needed to clear her head, she would go to the beach and take a walk. Maybe… Chanyeol got on his motorcycle and started to drive.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Y/N finally made it to the beach and broke down in the sand, sobbing. Her dreams were literally crushed right in front of her. Her heart felt like a spear ran through it.

 

“Why, why, WHY? I’M SUCH AN IDIOT!” Y/N screamed, pounding the ground with her fists, eyes running like waterfalls.

 

She couldn’t believe that after years of practicing singing and dancing had all gone to waste. SM was her dream company, and for them to not accept her after she worked on her audition for such a long time killed her.

 

God… what will Mom and Dad say? How can I ever face them again? It took so long to convince them that this was my dream, and they finally accepted me. How can I say that I didn’t get in? I ignored everyone who told me I couldn’t make it, and had so much confidence in myself… but look at me now. They were right all along. These thoughts swam through Y/N’s head.

 

She wiped the tears from her eyes. She suddenly felt so tired.

 

I can’t do this anymore… if I’m not good enough for SM’s  standards, what’s the point of living?

 

Y/N got up on her feet and started walking into the ocean…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol sped across town, blood rushing in his ears. He had to find Y/N, no matter what. It wasn’t like her to just run off like that, and he had a bad premonition in his gut. He saw the sign to the beach, and picked up the pace.

 

Finally, what seemed like hours, Chanyeol made it to the beach. He jumped off the motorcycle and sprinted across the sand, trying to spot the girl. The beach was mostly empty today, as he surveyed the area. Then, he saw a figure move in the ocean and his eyes widened.

 

“Y/N NO!” he yelled as he dashed into the ocean, not even flinching when the water and his skin made contact. He swam, trying to catch up to Y/N who was going in pretty deeply.

 

Y/N looked back at him, with a dazed look on her face. Her eyes widened as she saw Chanyeol, but then her expression turned to despair.

 

“STOP! Just let me die, I’m not even worth it!” she screamed, as tears began to fall from her eyes again.

 

Chanyeol finally reached her, and tightly wrapped his arms around her to stop her movements. He would NOT let her die, no matter what.

 

“No ing way in hell! Who cares if SM didn’t accept you! They obviously don’t know what a talented person you are! But that doesn’t mean you have to end your life, dammit! Come to your senses!” Chanyeol yelled, trying to get to Y/N.

 

“Let go of me! Why do you even care so much about me, anyways? You’re already under SM! Why should you be helping out a failure like me?!” Y/N yelled back, wailing.

 

Chanyeol struggled to keep them both afloat. “BECAUSE I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!”

 

Y/N froze. Love?

 

Before she could struggle or say something back, Chanyeol pressed his lips against her, completely shutting her up.

 

Y/N’s eyes widened. She couldn’t believe Park Chanyeol was kissing her. His lips tasted salty.

 

When they pulled back, Y/N buried her face into his shoulder, while he continued to hug her, both floating in the ocean.

 

“Let’s get out of here,” Chanyeol whispered into Y/N’s ear. After a little pause, she nodded. “Hold onto my back, okay?”

 

Selina tightly grasped her arms around him while he waded back to shore. Chanyeol was careful, making sure she was still there with him.

 

Finally, they made it back on sand, both out of breath and panting. Chanyeol gave Y/N a little time to breathe, and then strongly embraced her once again, crushing her into his arms.

 

“Why would you even think about killing yourself?” he whispered, her hair. “What would I do without you?”

 

Y/N pulled back and smiled gently. “I’m sorry… I won’t ever do anything like that to scare you again.”

 

“You better not.” Chanyeol told her sternly. “You have so much life to live Selina, and I refuse to let you die on your own, because I love you… so be my girlfriend.”

 

Y/N  gasped in shock. “G-girlfriend? What will the reporters say?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Screw them. I care more about you than what allkpop or soompi says about me. Because… I need you girl!”

 

A huge grin appeared on Y/N’s face as she threw her arms around him, knocking him onto the sand again. She whispered into his ear, “I love you too.”

 

So from that day on, Selina and Chanyeol began their new lives as a couple. They would have  noodle eating challenges, walks on the beach, and Chanyeol would always bring Selina along so she could watch him practice his dancing or singing. Surprisingly enough, the public loved Y/N and Chanyeol as a couple. Whenever anyone asked them how they got together, Chanyeol would always smile and say, “Well, it began when she accidentally touched my .”