Jimin Oneshot

Save Some Snow For Me

 

It was a brisk and chilly evening in Seoul, South Korea. Winter had just started, and it was getting increasingly cold as the days passed. (Y/N) had just recently moved to Korea from the U.S. and was still unpacking her things. It had always been her dream to move to Seoul, and she was happy to have finally done it. Currently, she was talking to her boyfriend via Skype. “Is it cold over there?” a voice asked. “Yeah, kinda. I wish you were here to cuddle with me and keep me warm,” (Y/N) replied. “I know, babe. Me too. I wish I could hug you tight and bundle you up in my sweater,” he said. She still couldn’t figure out how she became so lucky. He was so handsome and caring, she couldn't believe this was the guy she ended up with. The familiar voice drifted out of her phone once more. “Well it’s getting kinda late over here so Imma head to bed. Night babe.” She shook out of her dazed state and stuttered a reply. “Night pretty boy. I’ll dream of you.” And with that, he ended the call. She decided to continue unpacking tomorrow and went outside, hoping for a distraction. Luckily, she found a park and sat on a bench. Upon looking around, she discovered many couples walking around, holding hands. She felt sad and took out her phone and stared at the wallpaper. “Oh Matt, why couldn’t I have met you earlier?” she said to herself. She hadn’t planned on having a relationship. It just happened. It had been difficult to be in a relationship with a guy like him. Matt was part of a popular international superstar boy band called Boyz n Motion and often had to leave to go on tour. She knew what it felt like not being able to see him very often, but being halfway across the world made it worse. (Y/N) sighed to herself. This was depressing. She got up and started to head home. A stranger dressed in black was walking briskly in her direction. It wasn’t long before their bodies made contact and was knocked down. “Oh ,” the man whispered. “Are you okay?” he asked. She blinked a few times before looking up into the stranger’s face. She stared into his eyes for what seemed like forever. They were so brown, so warm and inviting. "Hello?" he said. His voice brought her back to earth and she replied, “Yeah, I’m fine.” The man helped her up and she brushed herself off. "I apologize sincerely for bumping into you. Let me buy you a drink to make it up to you. It's quite cold outside, a warm drink would do you good," he babbled. (Y/N) refused, saying it was no big deal. But he insisted, and off they went to the coffee shop. Before they left, he said, "By the way, my name's Jimin. What's yours?"

 

 

As the days passed, (Y/N) and Jimin became great friends. She didn't have any friends in Korea yet, so it was nice to have someone to talk to. Today, they had decided to meet up for a cup of coffee. But she still missed Matt. He had started to call less and didn’t answer the phone as often. (Y/N) had dismissed it, thinking it was because of his busy schedules. Oh, how she longed to just sleep in his arms, wrapped in one of his jackets. She missed his scent. He always smelled like apple pie, warm and cozy. Currently, (Y/N) was sitting in a coffee shop, reading a book and drinking a latte. It had been the same coffee shop Jimin took her to when they first met. She fell in love with it ever since. She started to reminisce of when she first met Matt. It had been a similar setting to this one. She had been cuddled up on a sofa with a book, drinking a cup of tea. She had gotten up with her tea in hand to grab some napkins when a guy walked straight into her. She spilled her tea on his shirt during the collision and was about to apologize. She was surprised when she saw Matt Kim, the worldwide superstar, in front of her. He wiped his shirt while she exclaimed an "oh ." She immediately grabbed some napkins to clean his shirt with. He chuckled and (Y/N) said "I'll buy you a drink to make up for this, promise." And he replied, "Why don't you go out with me to make up for it?" The rest was history. She took out her phone and browsed her social media. (Y/N) liked to keep up with what was happening back home, even though she wasn't there anymore. A video of Matt kissing another girl popped up. It didn't seem like he had any plans of pushing her away or ever stopping. She immediately called Matt, who answered. "Hello?"

"Who the hell is she?"

"What? Who is this?"

"Apparently I'm the side . It's fine, you're disgustingly ugly anyway."

"Oh . (Y/N) wait. You were gone for so long, I just..."                     

"So you have so many es, you don't know who's who? Just don't. We're over."

She hung up before she could hear his response. Tears fell from her eyes. The door to the shop opened and Jimin came in. He ordered his drink and waved to (Y/N). He stopped when he noticed her crying. Jimin walked over to her carefully and sat down next to her.  "What's wrong?" he asked. She hugged Jimin tightly and cried into his sweater. He pulled her in and hugged her even tighter. They stayed like that for a few minutes before (Y/N) started to pull back. "I'm sorry," she started. "Your jacket's all wet now." He chuckled and her heart began to hum. What the , she thought. "So what happened?" he asked. She sighed. "I just found out my boyfriend was cheating on me, or ex now," (Y/N) said. And she slumped down. Even though she was sad, Jimin couldn't help it. He smiled. A grin so wide, his bright white teeth shone like pearls in the sunlight. His smile always made her feel giddy on the inside, but now she was angry. "Why are you smiling right now? Can't you see how much I'm hurting?" she asked angrily. "Because now I can do this," he replied. And he leaned in. As soon as their lips met, (Y/N) felt happy again. He smiled against her lips, happy to know that she felt the same way. When they pulled back, he started to speak. "I like you. I've liked you for a while now," he confessed. "And if you agree to be my girlfriend, I'll treasure you and treat you better than he ever did. If he can't realize how beautiful, kind and funny you are. Then that's his loss." (Y/N) nodded rapidly and he kissed her again. "And now you're my gain," he said with a smile on his lips as he kissed her once more.

 

 

 

 

Everyday after that, they spent hours talking about kpop, books, movies, and whatever came to mind. There were days when he didn't come, and she thought about him a lot on those days. She always smiled when she thought about Jimin. She had never felt this way before, not even with Matt. Jimin soon arrived and saw her through the shop window. He grinned like crazy and pulled open the door. "Hey there, babe." "Chimmie!!" He gave her a tight hug and their routine started again. They held hands while they talked for hours, before the shop owner kicked them out. Jimin had insisted on taking her home and they were now walking to her apartment. (Y/N) shivered. Korea's winter is much colder than America, she thought. She felt a pair of hands place a jacket atop of her shoulders. Jimin smiled down at her, pulling her close. He hugged her tight before letting go to take her hand in his pocket. She looked down at the ground shyly while he just pulled her along. When they got to her apartment complex, they stopped. "Well, this is me." She walked away awkwardly and turned when Jimin pulled her back. "Wait. My jacket," he said. She turned around and Jimin pulled her close, placing his lips on top of hers. (Y/N) closed her eyes and he grinned. When they pulled back, he said, "I've always wanted to see the first snow with my love. And now I can," he said. (Y/N) smiled so huge, her face almost broke. Jimin left, saying he'd be back tomorrow. He had brought his bike so he was riding home. He had stopped at a red light before going forward again. A taxi was coming from the opposite direction. He could see a bright light coming towards him and he was knocked off his bike, onto the street. His body hit the ground. Jimin’s vision turned blurry and  he started to feel lightheaded. The world faded to black. The next day came, and Jimin didn't return. She got worried and called his phone multiple times, and no answer. Then, her phone rang. She picked it up. "Hello, Ms. (L/N)? This is Gangnam Hospital. Lee Jimin has just been hospitalized." She ran over as fast as she could. " Jimin? JIMIN?!" she screamed. She entered his designated room and found him, pale and almost lifeless. He could barely open his eyes when she saw him. (Y/N) stood by his bed and held his hand tightly. "You are going to live, and we're going to see the first snowfall together," (Y/N) demanded. Jimin whispered out, "When I said I liked you, I lied. To be honest, I've always loved you. I'm sorry. Please. Save some snow for me," as he took one more breath before shutting his eyes. "No you can't go. PLEASE. COME BACK," she pleaded.

 

...............…......…….........................................

 

............................... Love.  ................

 

..........................  Is.  ........,......

 

................... Forever.  ..........

 

 

 

"It's a coma," the doctor said. "We're trying our best." She cried and thought about what he had said the day before.

 

(FLASHBACK)"I really want to see the first snowfall with you."

 

"What are you talking about? You're coming to see it with me."

 

"I know, I just really want to see it with you."

 

She smiled sadly and walked back to his room and sat with him.

 

(Y/N) spent months, coming back everyday, to visit him. And every time, she sat down and talked with him. She talked about whatever came to mind. (Y/N) tried so hard to pretend as if nothing was wrong, that he was still there. But he never responded in any way.  It had been six months already. She was still desperately trying to bring him back, recreating memories that they had shared. But she knew that her efforts would come to no prevail. It was not in her power to bring him back to life. She had put everything on hold to spend more time with him. But it was time to make a decision. Whether to stay with him or move on. She walked inside the room to talk to him once more.

 

And she left, leaving her heart with him.

 

 

*********TIMESKIP********

It had been three years since she left Jimin. The first snow passed, and (Y/N) watched it alone. (Y/N) never moved and spent most of her time inside her apartment or go to the coffee shop. She knew there was little hope, but she held onto the belief that he may still be alive. She hoped to bump into him, doing the same things and going to the same places they went together. (Y/N) walked to the coffee shop and ordered the usual. Once she received her drink, she walked to the park where they first met. She sat down on the same bench. She drank the same tea when they first went to the shop, and she was coincidentally wearing the same thing. And even though she appeared to be fine. Her heart was cold, as if frozen over. She pulled out a book and had gotten halfway when snowflakes started to fall. She watched them for a bit before tears started to well up in her eyes. She quickly pushed them back and got up to go home, when she bumped into a man dressed in black. She waited for contact with the floor, when she felt a sturdy pair of arms catch her. A familiar pair of warm dark brown eyes smiled down on her and said, "We finally did it. Did you save some snow for me?" And her heart melted all over again.

 

The End <3