Thank you.

Own
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a year ago, where they met each other. It was when Taekwoon went to a café located in a shopping mall. He always spends his Sunday off of work to have his free Sunday alone. It’s a routine he would do every weekend, no bodyguards and no one to disturb his time. A morning with hot latte and continuing the whole day with more caffeine getting inside his system. Well, apparently that one day fated to be not right.

 

In the morning, his shirt got curry stain on it. He found out that the new maid working under the head maid eat while tidying his wardrobe. He told her to fire her as soon because he didn’t need to pay someone who can’t do work properly. When he’s about to drive out, his favorite car’s tire flat and no one know who or how it happened. He ended up driving the one he always takes to the office. His day shouldn’t get any ruin though or he will blow up like a crazy man.

 

“Oh, my God!” Taekwoon nearly cursed publicly when his shirt stained with the latte he’s holding. He was about to keep his wallet in his pocket when someone crash on him and walked away without apologizing.

 

“I’m sure that this is yours, uncle.” Someone tapped in on the shoulder making Taekwoon turn around and saw a kid handing him the wallet that fall off his hand a while ago. He smiled sweetly at the older man.

 

“Oh, thank you for that.” Taekwoon kept on staring at him without realizing the cashier was calling out for him, asking if he needs a new beverage and he nodded as a yes. “Do you want to order something too? I will pay for you.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I will buy one for myself. If you buy it for me, my friends will ask for one too.” He pointed at the other two friend he’s with that waves their hands wildly at Taekwoon.

 

“You help me picking up my wallet, I don’t mind paying for you and your friends.” Taekwoon courage up a smile which he might look stupid with it.

 

“Oh, really? Then we will order the most expensive drinks here!” One of his friends exclaimed and started scanning the menu.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“I am Lee Jaehwan. That one is Wonshik and this is Sanghyuk.” He pointed at the one who’s scanning the menu before patting his other friend who’s hugging him from the back.

 

“Hey, uncle. Why do you need names when all he did was picking up your wallet?” Sanghyuk asked.

 

“Hyuk, be nice to elder! I’m sorry, Uncle. He’s always like this.”

 

After they finished getting the drinks and Taekwoon payed for all, the three boys decided to go for a window shopping and Sanghyuk asked Taekwoon to join along to act as their guardian as there might be restriction for the underage. Jaehwan said it’s okay and he shouldn’t listen to Sanghyuk but Taekwoon decided to come along without knowing that the one inviting him is having an evil plan in his mind.

 

“Woah, Jaehwan look at this! Isn’t this nice?” Wonshik showed a jacket he chose somewhere in the store to Jaehwan. He was sure that the jacket totally Jaehwan’s taste.

 

“Yes, it is.” He took out the price tag and smiled a little. “The price is nice as well. I can’t afford this, Wonshik. Maybe when I have enough money, I will buy one.”

 

“This might get sold out anytime soon!” Sanghyuk came from nowhere and said.

 

“No, I still need to save my money.”

 

“If you want that, I will pay for you.” Jaehwan turned to stare at Taekwoon who’s suddenly open his mouth.

 

“No, it’s okay, uncle.”

 

Taekwoon took out a card from his wallet making Jaehwan froze and Sanghyuk taking the card away from the elder’s hand, running inside the store again to pick what he loves; dragging Wonshik along with him. They took as many as they want for themselves and Jaehwan.

 

“Why did you give it to them? They will spend a lot! I can’t afford to pay that back.”

 

“Who said that you have to pay them? I’m buying that for you. Also, your friends since they’re your friends.”

 

“But uncle…” Jaehwan didn’t get to finish his words when Taekwoon interrupted.

 

“Call me Taekwoon. I am not that much old.”

 

“How old are you then?”

 

“I am 39 years old.”

 

“You are definitely an uncle. I am seventeen.”

 

“Call me Taekwoon still.” He turned to look at Sanghyuk and Wonshik who approached them with some shopping bags in hand then returned the card to Taekwoon again.

 

“Thank you for the treat, uncle. They are all so expensive. Our Jaehwan here can never afford this much.” Sanghyuk knew that he got on Taekwoon interest as the elder raised his eyebrows.

 

“Oh, really? Then, if you think Jaehwan need more, you can have it all.”

 

“Do you always spend so much money for boys, Taekwoon?” Jaehwan asked.

 

“No, this is the first time ever.” Taekwoon looked over at his watch. “I have to go now. If you need anything, just call me. Doesn’t matter if you want to see me or want to buy anything.” He took out his business card and handed it to Jaehwan before walking away.

 

Taekwoon regretted giving his name card to Jaehwan as he thought he’s just fooling himself in front of that beautiful boy. He never thought in his thirty-two years of living that he would fall in love in first sight to someone who is twenty-two years younger than him. When he told his friend, Hakyeon, about it, the other blow up about him falling in love. Not the kind of bad blow up but a nice one. He kept hugging him non-stop.

 

It’s been a month since he gave his card to Jaehwan and still no call from him. He didn’t expect much from the other boy but when Hakyeon kept wanting to meet him, Taekwoon started feeling anxious as to why was he rejected. There should be reason, right? He got the money.

 

“Sir, there’s a few boys wanting to meet you.” Taekwoon heard the receptionist talked through the phone.

 

“Who are they?”

 

“They said that their name is Sanghyuk and Wonshik.” The names seemed to sound familiar.

 

“Tell them that they need to have appointment first.”

 

“But they said it is important. It is about someone named Jaehwan.”

 

“Tell them to come in instantly.”

 

After the two boys entered and adored how fancy Taekwoon’s office look, they settled down on the sofa located in the middle of the room. When a woman came in with three cups of coffee, the two tensed but loosen down after she left. They nervously sip on the beverage after staring at the serious face on placed on Taekwoon. The elder cleared his throat before keeping his serious face on and asked them.

 

“What is it that you two want to talk about?”

 

“It is about Jaehwan. Why would we be here if it is not about Jaehwan?” Sanghyuk said, a little annoyed with the question.

 

“He’s getting married to someone rich when he reaches the age eighteen soon.” Wonshik answered Taekwoon with a needed answer.

 

“Why are you telling me that?”

 

“We know that you’re the only guy who would take this serious thing down. That guy who he going to get married with is not a great man. For God’s sakes, he’s not a good man.” Sanghyuk said crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Aren’t his parents doing anything about him?”

 

“Why would they be doing anything about it when it’s them who sold him for some millions.” Wonshik sighed. “I hate seeing him getting forced into this but I hate it more knowing he’s going to get married to someone that doesn’t love him, worst; one that would only want to hurt him.”

 

“Why are they doing that?”

 

“They’re short of money but it’s really their fault. His father gamble and his mother just stay in house, doing nothing. Jaehwan work after school to support his family financial. That’s really you know. He always looks so tired when he’s at school. You don’t know how happy he was when he got the jacket you paid for but still guilty that you had to pay it for him.”

 

“What do you want me to do? Why do you think that it’s me that worth keeping him?” Taekwoon wasn’t sure about it, but he thought he needed to do something for Jaehwan.

 

“We know that you fall in love on the first sight and I know you will treat him better than that man. You’re so rich too that I am sure his parents will let you have him. Just please help our friend. We beg you, please.”

 

When Wonshik got on his knees, Taekwoon knew that it’s really his cue to do what needed. So, the next day, he called Wonshik and asked him where his house. He took a day off of office and he hoped that it worth taking it. He went to pick on the boys, Sanghyuk and Wonshik, then drove off to Jaehwan’s place. He didn’t deny it, the place Jaehwan lived for the past of his seventeen life looks crappy. Wonshik and Sanghyuk’s place looked way better though it’s not as great as Taekwoon’s place. He lived like in the biggest castle in Seoul and Jaehwan’s place not even anything near his maid’s house.

 

When they knocked the door and an old man with some bruises on his face opened the door, he just wanted to add more bruises on him.

 

“What do you want coming so early?” The old man growled at them but Taekwoon just stepped in the house and sat straight to the couch. “If you can’t respect the house’s owner, get out of my house now!”

 

Taekwoon stared and scanning around the house. There’s not much in the house, there’s not even a television.

 

“How much do you want?” Taekwoon asked when he saw Sanghyuk and Wonshik walked towards a door, probably Jaehwan’s room.

 

“What do you mean?” Jaehwan’s father came and sat across the man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter