Secret Gardens

Tomorrow's Yesterday
Please log in to read the full chapter

When young Mark met Jaebum, Jinyoung, Jooyoung and Chaeyoung.
 


“Yi En, if you feel scared, hold Mama’s hand and follow, okay?” Said Mama Tuan softly to her aloof seven-year-olds son. He was staring blankly at the small LCD screen that was playing his favorite movie, "Toy Story." “Yi En, do you hear Mama?” Mama said again in a more serious tone, but still calm and soft.
 

Yi En responded with a quiet, “Em.”
 

Mama hastily looking over paperworks while reminding Yi En to be on his best behavior, “Mama is doing charity work, Papa has meetings in Shanghai, he can’t come with us. At the same time Mama and Papa haven’t spend a lot of time with you, so this is a great opportunity for the two of us. There are a lot of unfortunate children in this world, hopefully Yi En, who is a smart and wonderful boy will understand their circumstances and will play nice when we’re there. Okay?”
 

Yi En once again responded with a quiet, “Em.”
 

“Afterward, Mama and Yi En will go have dinner, what type of food would Yi En want to eat? Chinese, or Korean? Mama think that it is great to have Korean food because we are currently in South Korea. Back in Taiwan we would not have these type of food, not as authentic as it comes. If we are in a different country, we must try and adapt to that country. It is to better our wellbeing. So should we go eat Korean food?” Mama turned to Yi En who was kicking his leg on the seat with his fingers playing with each other, “Is Yi En tired?”
 

Yi En nodded and Mama immediately put away her folders and paperworks. She wrapped her arm around his small body and cradle him while whispering, “take a nap, mama will sing for you. When we get there, Mama will wake you up.” Yi En nodded and closed his eyes.
 

–––––
 


At the orphanage, Yi En found himself a bit overwhelmed at the noises and the many kids his age glancing at him every once in a while. The kids wanted to play with him but he gave off an aloof air that they stayed to themselves and play among themselves. A particular little girl kept following him, even tugged on his shirt and held on tight to it. She didn’t say anything but smile whenever he glanced at her. When Yi En glanced around in search for a quiet place to be, he saw two young boys around his age playing on the other side of the fence. The breeze seemed to be nice there when he saw the green leaves rustles against each other. He made his way over but the little girl tugged on his shirt, pleading for him not to go with her puppy eyes and then she said, “Oppa, you’ll get lost.” He understood her, he was taught on a few foreign languages at home, one of them is Korean.
 

He smiled when he understood her intentions on following him and he gently held her hand, “It’s okay, Oppa will be fine.” He left to the other side of the gate and the little girl quickly rush to her older sister to inform her of what happened.
 

––––
 

When Yi En came to the small little garden across the gate he found no one there. There was a stone bench and all around are just trees, there was almost no other ways out. It looked a lot like a European garden and he wondered why and how such a garden is here at the back of an orphanage. He looked around again to see if there is any pathway out that the two boys disappeared into. Then he heard a loud guffaw from his left and followed. When he entered the most secretive area of the place, the two boys clapped their hand and shouted, “WELCOME!! YOU FOUND IT!!”
 

“Who are you?” Yi En asked.
 

The boys laughed and said at once, “We should be the one asking you that.” They were very insynce with each other, it made Yi En wondered if they’re twins. “You can’t stay if you don’t tell us your name.” Said one of th

Please log in to read the full chapter