Handmade Candies

Candy Boy

A/n : Hello everyone!! I write this story, thx to my new obsession for watching videos of people making candy cranes and those stuff, so yeah! Enjoy!^^


"Appa..." Jaebum turns his head from his MacBook to his son, Youngjae, who looks at him with an unsure expression. 

"Yes, baby?" His tone is soft, despite the stressful look on his handsome face, slightly reassures the little kid to come closer to his father. 

"C-can we go to a park tomorrow, appa?" Youngjae asks then he bites his lower lip, not sure what answer will he get. 

"Youngjae, you know, appa is busy-" 

"J-just once appa! Please? Tomorrow is sunday anyway..." Youngjae keeps his head down and Jaebum sighs. 

As a single parent, Jaebum genuinely feels guilty toward his son sometimes. He had Youngjae when he was nineteen, clearly it was an accident and Youngjae's mother was his best friend. 

At that time, they decided to try how does feel, but they were not careful enough, the broke and everything happened. Youngjae's mother didn't want to take the responsibility of taking care of her own baby, and Jaebum didn't want to just give the baby up, so he decided to rise the baby himself. 

Long story short, his father delegated his position as the CEO to Jaebum when Youngjae was just four, which is two years ago. Of course Jaebum's acts are still under his father's guard, but his responsibility is still very big and it is not easy for him. 

"Okay, let's go for a walk tomorrow, shall we?" Jaebum smiled softly at his son, when Youngjae immediately jumps in joy and left Jaebum alone again with a goodnight kiss on the cheek. And Jaebum can only chuckle on his cute sunshine. 

After all, Youngjae is Jaebum's sunshine and he won't regret anything. 

"Appa!! Wake upp!!!" Jaebum jumped out of shock when suddenly a body jumped on top of him and bouncing on his torso, oh don't forget the yells to wake him up. 

"I'm up, i'm up baby." With his voice still groggy from sleep, Jaebum wakes up and heads to the bathroom. 

"Hurry up! We don't want to miss the fun appa!" Youngjae says excitedly and make Jaebum smiles. 

The duo father and son wears the matching pair of grey t-shirt topped with black leather jacket, and a pair of long black jeans. 

Jaebum's hair gelled up coolly and Youngjae wears a white baseball cap uncle Jackson gave him last month and immediately became the child's favorite cap. Jaebum looks a lot younger and boyfriend-ish, and Youngjae is just, cute. 

They ends up walking around a local park, with a cone of ice cream in their hand. Jaebum was planning on bringing Youngjae to an amusement park, but it's Sunday and the crowd is just too much for them. 

Youngjae's eyes lit up when he saw a colorful shop -well, dominated by pink actually- with a lot, tons of different shaped candies. The kid suddenly bouncing in joy and tugs Jaebum's shirt. 

"Appa! Appa!" He says while keeps looking at the shop. 

"What is it Jae?" He asked before he turns his gaze from the kid to the direction where the kid looks at. 

"Can we? Can we?" Youngjae looks at him with his cutest puppy eyes and Jaebum just can never say no to those. 

"Yeah, sur-" Before Jaebum can even finish his sentence, Youngjae had run away into the shop, full of joy and Jaebum only laugh at this. 

"Youngjae, be careful!" He says but go unnoticed by the kid. 

Jaebum enters the shop, obviously looking for his son who ran into the store just now. He opened the door and immediately looking around the shop before a soft -angelic- voice calls out to his direction. 

"Welcome to J's candy shop!" 

Jaebum turned his gaze from the alleys Youngjae had probably gone to, to a man behind the tables, seemingly making handmade candies. 

Jaebum stands still for awhile. His world seems to slowdown a bit and his heart races the moment he lands his eyes on the man behind the candy making section. 

Jaebum snapped out of his melodrama moment once the soft voice called out his direction once more. Seems like the guy has done his candies when he calls out, again. 

"Eum? Sir? You need help?" The man asked, a little bit unsure. 

"Ah-oh? Yeah! Yeah! Eum, i-i was looking for my son, h-he ran inside just now..." Jaebum said. Damnit Im Jaebum what the hell with the stutter. He slaps himself mentally because in twenty five years in his life never once he stuttered. 

The man chuckled and Jaebum thinks his heart can run a one thousand miles marathon and will still beating. What the hell is wrong with you?


"He ran that way" The man says while pointing the center alley, "i think you can find him-" The man's words were cut when Youngjae suddenly runs toward Jaebum with a huge smile and a bunch of candies in his hands (practically he hugs the candies) looking excited like a very small puppy. 

"Appa!! Can we buy these??? They're sooo cute and looks delicious too!!!" Jaebum would have scolded his six years old son, but today seems like a really good day for Jaebum, he really doesn't know why. 

So with the matching excited smiling face like his son's, he takes the candies and purchases them all. 

"Thank you for coming! Have a great day!" The man says and gives Jaebum and Youngjae a bright smile. Not to be a creep, but Jaebum notices the wrinkles when the candy maker smile and Jaebum genuinely thinks he looks like a cat. A reaaaally cute one. And Jaebum freaking love cats. 

He smiles back, "Yeah, you too."


A/n : sorry but smh i kinda like this story to end this way, but ofc feel free to leave a comment if you want a proper, sickeningly sweet happy ending:)

Grammar mistakes/errors are on me!^^ (unedited, yeah)