Oh My Heart....

To Love or Not to Love, To Forgive or Not to.

Hide & Seek

Sehun sighs as he reminisce the time Mina visited SM Entertainment for her dance practice. He likes that during that short but meaningful time spent with her, he got to tell her that he likes her. He got to hold her hand and dance with her. He also got her number. Sadly, it seems that Mina doesn’t really want to communicate with her and its breaking his heart. How many more times must he apologize to Mina? Was he never good enough for her?

Every time he texted her and the ticks turn to blue, he wondered if she will ever reply. He has seen the word ‘typing…’ below her name but a message never appears. He has called her a couple of times but she will shy away and say she is busy. He knows she is busy preparing for her comeback but he wondered if he was ever in her mind.

He was staring at the television screen when Kyungsoo came home. Kyungsoo’s nudge actually startled the guy.

DO: Gwencana?

SH: No… not really. It’s already 3am. Why are you back so late?

DO: I went to meet Sana. We both miss each other so much.

SH: Did Sana say anything about Mina?

DO: Why would she? It’s our date, we only talk about us.

SH: Hmmm…. At least she makes the effort to meet you. Mina didn’t even respond to my texts and when she answers my call, she will say she is busy.

DO: They are very busy. Their comeback is in 3 days.

SH: I know. I am just in envy that Sana puts in a lot into your relationship with her.

DO: We both do. We have to. We don’t have the luxury to go out on dates. I miss her everyday even though we communicate in different ways daily.

SH: Mina doesn’t even care about me.

DO: Maybe she has her reasons.

SH: Maybe she just hates me. (He sighed disappointingly before making his way back to his room.)

Mina was staring at her phone when Sana crept into the room. She waited for Sana to be back home safely before she can even go to bed. She worries about Sana too much.

MN: You’re back.

SN: Uhuh…. (She smiles silly.)

MN: You guys met for like 30 mins and you are feeling this happy huh.

SN: Of course… I miss him every single day even though we communicate daily.

MN: I am happy for you unnie. (She honestly says to the older girl.)

SN: Gomawo…. I hope one day, your heart could open up and embrace the love someone has for you. (She hinted hoping to see a reaction from the girl but received none.)

Sehun’s mind drifted away as he was waiting for TT’s music video. He was thinking of the time he hug Mina’s waist at the staircase fire exit when Kyungsoo was making up with Sana. He also got more upset as he remember Mina’s sweet smile when he wrapped his jacket around her body. He kept on thinking what was not enough to win Mina’s trust. Was he that bad?

As mina lays her head on the pillow, all she could think of was Sehun. She has forgiven him a long time ago. To be honest, she likes him a lot too. However Mina doesn’t have the courage like Sana to take a step forward. When she thinks of how hard it was for Jihyo and Suho, she shook off the idea. She doesn’t have the confident that she could deal with it if something goes wrong so she rather avoid him and not think about it. She can’t be selfish and just be thinking about what she wants. She has to consider what is good for him too. Besides, he has a drama and moving coming along. She wouldn’t want to be a distraction.

TT

All the EXO boys gather at the living room at 11.50pm. Jongdae, Baekhyun and Xiumin were busy with their sub unit. Sehun waited anxiously at the sofa. Kai already gotten some drinks and snacks because he knew the boys will be analysing the music video later. Junmyeon who looks down settle on the sofa on his right.

SH: Hyung Gwencana?

SHO: Uhm…

Sehun could understand the pain he is going through. Both of them hurt the girls before and to be expected to be forgiven is a gamble. Chanyeol switched on the smart television and open JYPE YouTube channel. He kept on refreshing it until finally the video was fully uploaded. With his shoulder leaned forward, Sehun was trying to anticipate the full concept. He wondered the presence of 2 small children going trick or treat. Nayeon was the first to dance the intro and the boys couldn’t help but bounce along with the rhythm.

“Every day I only imagine, without asking, I talk in a casual way and call your name baby, but we don’t even know each other.”

“Just the two of us in the mirror having a fashion show”

Those lines that belong to Mina made him confuse. He wondered if Mina has zero interest in him. Would she even want to call him Baby? Honestly he would want that too.

“Don’t disappear from my view like this.”

Does she really want to see me? He thought a little too loudly.

CYL: Maknae… it’s a song. Don’t take it seriously. (He teased the young guy jokingly.)

The last chorus with the cross choreography position was led by Mina. He was surprise that they did a body roll. Thankfully, it wasn’t too y. When he has stopped watching after a few hours, he downloaded the rest of the album.

He waited anxiously for TWICE comeback stage on MNET. He was glad that the first song was 1 to 10 because he likes her voice projection in that song. He likes it best when Mina was the one, who started with,

“I know you know, I know you know it. TWICE.”

He wondered if it was for him once again.

“It’s you, so sweet. How are you so perfect?”

“1 to 10, I am the only one who knows.”

“1 to 10, I want to tell you everything.”

Honestly he wondered if the song was really written for him though he knows the possibility it wasn’t but when she sang it, it was like a dedication to him. He then observes her dressing. While top with a peeking shoulder made her look so y yet sweet. The shoulder dance shrug made his heart skip.

The following week, Mina, Dahyun and Jihyo was the special emcee. If only he was free, he would have dropped by MNET to visit CBX who debuted and was interviewed by the girls. He felt jealous. He wished he was there. Baekhyun sent a pic of them with the 3 girls and another one with TWICE on the group chat.

While backstage, Xiumin who was friendly and approachable came over and chit chatted with the girls. He stood beside Mina and managed to ask her.

XM: You okay?

MN: Neh sunbae, why?

XM: Is there a particular reason why you are avoiding Sehun?

MN: Errrr….

XM: I’m sorry. I am not interrogating you. I was just wondering why you hate him.

MN: I don’t hate him sunbae. (She whispered softly.)

XM: Jincha?

Mina nodded assuring him. Jihyo who happened to be there also didn’t escape Xiumin’s question.

XM: Are you still angry with Junmyeon?

JHO: Me?

XM: Uhum….

JHO: Ani…. I am just trying my best to forget the past.

XM: You really would?

JHO: Isn’t it the best choice? I want to free him from the entire burden weighing in his heart. I don’t want to be a distraction. I think he could be happy without me.

XM: Is that really how you feel?

JHO: What I feel doesn’t matter. My heart is broken and can never be fixed. So all I can do is pray that all my love ones will find love they deserved. (She answered softly only audible to Mina’s and Xiumin’s ears.)

Xiumin nodded not sure how to respond to the girls. One thing for sure, he knows that the girls love his brothers too. He just isn’t sure how to bring them close. When CBX was back at the dorm without their managers, Jongdae quickly ask Xiumin what was the conversation he had with the girls. He explained to them not leaving any gaps of information.

BK: I think Mina isn’t sure if she is a fan or a lover.

JD: I think she is confused. However, I think Jihyo is hurting still. I don’t blame her. I may just be like her if I was in her shoes.

SHO: You would huh? (Junmyeon appeared in the living room.)

JD: Mianhe hyung. I was just being honest.

SHO: It’s okay. I understand you. I know she is still hurting.

XM: Junmyeon ah ….

SHO: Neh…

XM: From the way she talks about you, although I know she is hurting, I can feel that she loves you still. I don’t know if that information could comfort you but I just want to at least let you know that.

BK: She does.

XM: You can sense it too?

BK: Ani… I was chit chatting with Dahyun. She told me things.

SHO: What did she say?

Baekhyun smiles sheepishly as he rolls his eyes. His smirk earned him a smack on the head by Jongdae.

BK: Ouch…. That hurts!

XM: Palli…. Share!

BK: She said that sometimes, she caught Jihyo staring at your picture hyung on her phone. Occasionally, she would check on the latest news about you.

SHO: She did?

BK: And when it rains, sometimes she would stare blankly at the window and hold on to her necklace which you gave her. And…..

SHO: And what….

BK: There was once, she thought she lost her necklace. She broke down and cried only to realize she kept it in the book she was reading.

JD: If that doesn’t tell us that she still loves you, I don’t know what else would.

Suho shed a tear but also carved a smile on his face feeling a little relief and hopeful that Jihyo might still have some feelings for him.

XM: Oh yar... Jihyo will sing 3 songs on her VAPP later. Apparently Mina said those 3 songs are the one she really been looping too lately.

Suho nodded as he waits on his bed. He waited for the notification to arrive. Finally it did. The first song that she sang was by Yoon Mirae’s sunbaenim As Time Goes By. Junmyeon tears trickle down his cheeks uncontrollably. He knew he hurt her. He knew she forgave him. However when he heard her sang that song, he just realized the magnitude of the hurt he inflicted on her. Sometimes he thought she was just dramatic but when he hears her voice and look at her eyes as she sang that song, the regret he felt was too big to be ignored.

When he was ready, he continued watching the video and anticipate the next song she covered by ESNA titled ‘A little loving’. He could sense as she talk about how conscious of her look. He can sense that she has little confidence about herself. He once again blames himself. He knew his choice to accept that stupid suggestion by the company was just another attributing factor to her low self –esteem. How he wishes, he could punch himself. He started to worry because the lyrics seem to suggest that she is looking for new love. He worries if she really would accept the dates that Bam suggested. He could also feel that the song was like telling him that she already wants another kind of man that is not him. Now it seems that his feelings are the one getting hurt.

After a few moments and calming down, he listened to her sing her last song. The song Butterfly by Rhythmking makes him smile a little.

“I don’t want to do a damn thing without you.”

Does she want me again? Have I landed on her heart?

AAA

Sehun was thankful that the award season is here. That meant he has the opportunity to meet Mina. After walking the red carpet and being seated, he turned around pretending to look at other boy groups until eventually his eyes met hers. He could feel that she avoided his gaze and his smile immediately turned into a frown.

When TWICE and BTS won one for the big awards towards the end of the show, he clapped proudly for her. He saw the BTS guys gentlemanly led the girls to begin their speech. When Jihyo began her speech, he turned to look at his leader who was beaming in smiles. As Junmyeon looks at her big round eyes, he could see that she was holding back her tears. This time round before she could cry, she already handover the speech to Mina. Sehun leaned forward as he stares at her. Her delicate and elegant way of speaking makes the guys around him praise her.

Then he noticed something disturbing. He saw the small gestures the BTS boys made to Jimin who has his eyes glued to Mina as she speaks. He smiles as her endearingly.

“Is that why she rejected his calls? Does she like him too?”

His heart hurt.

When the programme finally ended, TWICE had to rush home because Dahyun has her college entrance exam the very next day. Junmyeon and Sehun were super frustrated that they didn’t have the opportunity to talk to the girls.

As Junmyeon lies on his bed, he began typing his message. After 3o mins of typing, he only manages to send:

“Congratulations Jihyo ah…”

He saw the blue ticks but she did not reply his text.

MMA

All the artists gather before walking down the red carpet. TWICE and EXO is scheduled to be the last to group to walk. The girls were just chit chatting amongst themselves. Sehun wanted so much to approach them but he was too shy. He saw Xiumin and Jongdae walking up to the girls and talking to them.

The frustration went on and on throughout the award show. When it was TWICE turn to perform, Sehun was irritated to see s enjoying the performance. The zombies were irritating him too. They were blocking his view. Somehow the blur and can’t be bothered Kyungsoo even did a TT. He couldn’t believe he did that. He definitely did that for Sana and Sehun got jealous. Actually Junmyeon was jealous too as how hard Kyungsoo and Sana are making their relationship works. He recalled overhearing Kyungsoo’s conversation with Kai who is dating Krystal. There was a moment Kai almost break up with Krystal. That change when he listens to Kyungsoo’s advice.

“Every relationship needs hard work. Only after hard work and fighting for it, when it fails, there won’t be any regret.”

The last 3 Daesang award is finally up. The first is ‘Song of The Year’. EXO was confident that TWICE would win this because ‘Cheer Up’ was everywhere. When Tony An finally announced the winner, TWICE was shocked. The girls look shaken. Once they reached the microphone, they greeted the audience.

Junmyeon knew that she would cry. She has the same look that he saw when he made her cry. As she mentioned her speech, she had to take couple of breaths as she paused and cry. He wishes he could hold her in his arms. Her big round eyes were red and were free flowing with tears.

Sehun was staring at the big screen and suddenly the camera pans in and zoomed in to Mina who cries elegantly. He smiles as he appreciates how beautiful she looks. His train of thought was broken by the one of the Seventeen boys who suddenly gasped and praised Mina’s beauty. He couldn’t allow this to happen. Mina is his. His eyes went back to the stage as he saw the girls circled themselves and hug each other in tears.

The last Daesang was of course won by EXO. Junmyeon contemplated but he found courage and included TWICE, BTS and other group in his speech. Jihyo was touched. When the show finally ended, the entire artist gathered backstage for refreshment. The boys spotted the girls. Nayeon, Jihyo, Jungyeon and Mina were still crying. Junmyeon couldn’t take it anymore. He needs to talk to her. When he saw her heading to the toilet, he waited at outside. He was just about to talk to her but had to stop when her manager approached her with tissues. Jihyo could see the disappointment in his eyes. When else can they meet?

MAMA 2016

The EXO boys arrive in Hong Kong way earlier. They have a grand finale stage so they had to do more rehearsals. When they arrived at the hotel back form rehearsals, Sehun was thankful that he saw TWICE checking in. He was happier when he found out that they are staying at the same level. He wanted to approach the girls but was a little taken aback when Yugyeom was helping Mina with her bags. His heart sank. Junmyeon too could hide his sadness when he saw how close Jinyoung and Jihyo are. As they pass by his room, the two greeted him.

JHO/JR: Anyeong sunbaenim.

SHO: Anyeong, you guys just arrived?

JR: Neh….

SHO: You’re helping her?

JR: Neh… she is a baby. I am just going to help her put these bags in her room.

SHO: Baby?

JR: Yup…. My baby….

JHO: Oppa… (She pokes Jinyoung.)

JY: I mean she is my baby sister. (He clarified removing Junmyeon of his fears.)

JHO: We got to go sunbaenim. Have a nice day! (She wished him before pulling Jinyoung along.)

Mina, Jihyo and Chaeyoung was about to leave the room when Sehun greeted the girls.

SH: Anyeong….

JHO/MN/CYG: Anyeong sunbaenim….

SH: Relax… no need to be formal.

JHO: Ah…Neh.

SH: Where are you guys going?

CYG: We are going for rehearsals. Then we are going to eat dim sum with JYP Pd nim.

SH: He is here too?

JHO: Neh… He is here to give us encouragement.

SH: Oh… that’s good. Guess you will be back late then?

JHO: Probably. (She answered as she looks at Mina who has not said anything.)

CYG: Mina unnie, I’ll go down with Jihyo unnie first arraso.

MN: Huh… why? Let’s get down together. (She answered nervously.)

JHO: Minari…. (She eyed Mina knowing that Mina actually misses Sehun a lot.)

Mina eyes were glued to Chaeyoung and Jihyo’s back as she saw them entered the lift. She then directs her eyes to the floor and stares at her shoes and his too. It was a monumental stillness. When she lifted her eyes to his face, she saw how he rest his back on his room door as he smiles at her. She looks away as her eyes met his.

SH: Bogoshipo…. Nomu bogoshipo. (He confesses softly.)

Mina looks away not knowing how or what to respond. She inhales deeply before excusing herself. Sehun managed to hold on to her wrist. She turns and looks at him with her beautiful dark eyes. He wouldn’t want to pressure her now.

SH: Take care….. Have a good dinner arraso! (He managed to tell her.)

Mina nodded. She was thankful he wasn’t forcing her to think about their ‘relationship’.

Like any award show, it was a long show. TWICE cried again and again when they once again won Song of the Year. By the time they went back to the hotel it was already 1.30 am. Junmyeon and Sehun were trying their best not to think about them but they couldn’t.

Chaeyoung is already asleep. In fact once she showered, she felt asleep. Mina was reading a book and Jihyo was listening to some music. Jihyo looks at Mina who wore a very nice sweater and tights to sleep. She wondered if Mina was hoping Sehun would knock on the door. Mina turn to Jihyo when she noticed the leader is staring at her. Jihyo quickly looks away. Jihyo was wearing a cute black Minnie mouse sweater with shorts. Mina assumes that Jihyo was hoping Junmyeon would knock on the door.

Mina finally shook off those thoughts. She closes her book and put it beside her pillow. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she hears the doorbell rang.

Jihyo immediately stood up with Mina. Jihyo look through the peephole before turning to look at Mina and nodded. She opened the door and saw Sehun and Junmyeon standing in front of the door.

SH: Is Mina sleeping?

Jihyo shakes her head. Mina slowly appeared behind her.

SHO: I know it’s late. We were hoping to talk to you girls for a while if you girls don’t mind.

Jihyo nodded but wasn’t sure where to talk at.

SH: We could head to the pool at the 58th floor. It’s close but since we are not swimming we could talk there. (He suggested softly.)

Mina grabbed one of the key card and carefully closes the door. The short ride in the lift was a tense and quiet one. There was only a guard there. The guys told him that they weren’t swimming and they were allowed there but strictly no swimming.

When the guard left to make his round, the four entered the door. No wonder no wonder no one is swimming because its winter and its freaking cold. Jihyo who was in shorts shivered. Junmyeon immediately took his coat and wrapped it around her. He gently pushes her shoulder and they move towards the end of the pool area.

Mina was slowly make her way to one of the pool seats and sat down quietly. She thought Sehun would seat on the chair next to her but he chose to seat on her chair just beside her.

MN: Aren’t you too close?

SH: Am I? Do you hate it?

Mina looks away. She felt his hand slip into hers. She wanted to pull it away but weren’t able to do so when he felt his lips kissing her hand.

SH: I wanted to do this for a long time.

He intertwines his fingers with her. He lifted their hands up.

SH: Our hands look good together. Don’t you think?

Mina still has not spoken a word. Sehun was about to give up. Why would he force a woman who hates him to like him? He took a deep breath.

SH: Mianhe let me hold on to your hand for another 5 minutes. I promise I will let you go and won’t disturb you ever again. (He whispered avoiding eye contact with her.)

Mina never hated him. If she could give a reason, it was because she loves him too much. Her heart aches as she saw Sehun frown. Then she could feel his grip soften. In that split second when she knows he was about to remove her hand from hers, it was her turn to tighten her grip. Sehun was shocked and he immediately looks at her. She looks away but her hand grip was strong.

SH: Mina ah…

MN: I don’t hate you oppa. I told you before, I didn’t hate you.

SH: But… you don’t love me either. You don’t reply my texts and barely answer my call. It’s okay Mina. I don’t want to force you to like me. I can and will try my best to accept this rejection.

She turns and looks at the guy who was sitting beside her. His frown, his pout and his fatigue is so obvious. Without hesitation, she leaned in and planted a soft kiss on his right cheek. Now, it was his turn to return the grip.

Myoui Mina kissed me.” he thought to himself.

He wasn’t sure if he can even look at her without fainting. He suddenly felt her head leaning onto his arm as her plays with their intertwine fingers.

MN: I miss you like crazy oppa. Do you know how hard it is for me to control myself and not contact you? I have my reasons. It may not sound good to you but to me I thought that not contacting you would be the best for us. I wanted to protect you. I wanted to protect me. I wanted to protect your group and mine. I wanted to protect our fans. But the more I want to protect, the more my heart hurts.

Sehun began to tear. How someone could so small, gentle and elegant is so ambitious in protecting him? He removed his hand from hers and wrapped it around her shoulders. He pulls her close to him not knowing how to express how much he appreciated her thoughtfulness. Mina finally buried her head in his chest as she began sobbing. Sehun tighten his embrace and showers he head with kisses.

Junmyeon was nervous. For the first time in a while, he was speechless. Jihyo saw him fidgeting.

JHO: Congrats oppa on the win just now. (She breaks the silence.)

SHO: Ah… Neh… Gomawo.

They were leaning against the parapet overlooking the beautiful skyscrapers in Hong Kong enjoying the view in silence. Suddenly, she could feel his hand around her waist as he rested his head on the nook of her neck. It sends shivers down her spine. She honestly wanted to peel his hands away but couldn’t find enough strength to do it.

SHO: Do you miss me?

JHO: Why are you asking me that?

SHO: I want to know if you miss me because I really miss you.

Jihyo refused to answer and he could understand that. He not being pushed away is something to be thankful about. They stood there in silence until Mina called out to them. Junmyeon reluctantly remove his hand from her waist. Although nothing was resolved, Junmyeon was thankful that he got to hug her.

Sehun and Mina didn’t talk about their future or relationship. However ascertaining her feelings for him is more than enough to keep him saint. He understood her intention and honestly is thankful for her thoughtfulness.

The boys were reluctant to separate from the girls but they understood they need to rest. As Mina stood up, she couldn’t help but notice the pout on Sehun’s face. She reached out for his hand wanting to pull him up. Instead, he wrapped his hand around her waist and buries his face on her tummy.

SH: I don’t want to go back to my room.

MN: You want me to return to my room all by myself?

SH: Ani…

Sehun finally stand up and towers over the girl in front of him. He puts both is hand on her shoulders and she wraps hers around his waist. He looks down and rests his forehead on hers and stares into her beautiful eyes. Mina inhales the breath he lets out. As her eyes wanders to his lips, she braved herself and tip toed slightly before planting a kiss on his lips earning a sweet smile from him.

Jihyo who was walking with Junmyeon towards the couple felt a bit jealous. Junmyeon was trying to figure out if it’s jealousy that he saw on her face. Both couple stood quietly in the lift. Junmyeon couldn’t take it anymore. He turn to the pouting girl and push her until her back reach the wall of the lift before kissing her taking Sehun and Mina by surprise. Surprisingly, Jihyo didn’t resist the kiss. Sehun quickly covered Mina’s eyes.

SH: Andwe…. You can’t see that r rated kiss.

Mina laughed at his childish self.

Junmyeon and Jihyo hungrily kissed each other. They had to eventually stop when the lift door opens. As they make their way back to their respective rooms, all of them had similar thought in their head.

“Can we make it through?”