one

Violence

When Minho asked Taemin out, the younger boy only had one question to answer him back-

“Do you fight?” the younger raised his head from his book.

“I can.” The elder answers back. Minho was pretty good at it actually, being able to throw the last punch always.

“Do you like to fight?” he questioned again. And Minho was finding it tricky to answer given he didn’t know the boy’s stance on this matter. He wasn’t sure if the boy found it y or he didn’t like men who fight.

“I don’t fight when I’m not forced to.” Minho responded neutrally instead.

“Good. Then coffee at 2 tomorrow?”

“Um-sure. Here?” Minho asks back.

“Yeah. I like the coffee here.”

“So you don’t like guys who fight?” Minho asked, just to be sure. 

“I don’t like violence all that much.”

 

Minho figures that Taemin wouldn’t like violence. The boy does look like a flower. He was probably picked on in school a lot because of that. Pretty boys like Lee Taemin always get it hard in school especially if they are gay. And given that Taemin agreed to go out with him, he apparently is.

The first time Minho saw Taemin was when he went in that very same coffee shop after going for a jog. The younger was reading a book, coffee on his left side and a piece of unfinished cheesecake next to it. The cheesecake looked delicious but Taemin looked even more so.

After that, from time to time, he’d spot Taemin here and there. Wishing he had the guts to ask the pretty boy out. Today-under the influence of Jonghyun’s mockery and two cans of beer, he had mustered up the tiny bit of courage to finally pop the question.

 

And so, they went out a few times and it was great. Tonight would be their sixth date and Minho had decided to take Taemin out for movies. The younger had been giving him several hints and a puppy look to go watch that new French movie that’s playing. Though Minho wasn’t a fan of romantic French movies and subtitles, he was a fan of Taemin and two hours of cuddling in the cinema didn’t seem like a bad deal.

 

After the movie, they decided to walk back, probably find a late-night ice-cream stand or a coffee shop to get something sweet before going back home since Taemin always loved having something sweet swimming in his mouth. Minho was kinda hoping he’d get to see the inside of Taemin’s apartment and probably cuddle to sleep together that night though it would be probably too soon. They barely know each other after all but Minho had been having dreams of the boy and them just being in bed staring at each other to sleep while he holds the boy tight in his arms. Taemin was simply like a pretty doll he had to protect with all his might. So fragile and small and pretty.

 

As they were walking, the two could hear catcalls from the back. A group of boys trying to be stupid and do stupid things. After a while, Taemin and Minho were surrounded by the group of stupid boys who were up to no good.

“Tae-I know you don’t like violence, so just close your eyes okay?” the elder boy said.

But seven were all too many for Minho to handle. After hitting the third guy down and almost injuring the fourth, one of them took a bat and hit Minho from the back. Causing the boy to fall down. Minho took a look at Taemin and wanted to scream for the boy to run away but before he could-Taemin took a punch at the one closest to him, and he fell without any signs of waking up anytime soon. The guy’s eyeballs looked like it was about to pop out of his sockets. The look on Taemin's face was scary and it Minho like ing hell. 

“You know why I don’t like boys who like to fight Minho?” Taemin started saying while moving closer to his next-scared less opponent. 

“They’re always dumb enough to think they can hurt me.”