{prologue.}

You Are Worth It [HIATUS]

“I said, you are not allowed to ever see him again!” His hands slammed down against the coffee table so hard Jiyeon swear she felt the chandelier above her shake. He continued in an uproar, and the helpless teenager, his one and only daughter, at his knees bit her lip. “What is it that you see in that gangster of a kid that you don’t see in the match I’ve found you–”

Gangster.Jiyeon growled. “He. Loves. Me.”

“To Hell with that! If you give Jeongmin time, he will love you too!”

Jiyeon felt the blood inside of her boil. With a jerk of her head she snapped back at her father, the man she had hated most in her life. For not being able to convince himself to let her go because he was holding onto the past, for not giving her the freedom she deserved, for always being a wimp and controlling her to stabilise his conditions.  “Tell me one more time and I am going to run away from home.”

“You run away from home and I will get my own hands dirty on that boy–”

“NO! DON’T TOUCH HIM.” Jiyeon knew well that if it was something her father had vowed to do, he would certainly get to the bottom of it even if it had meant business on the other side of the world.

“Then I suggest you be smart and listen to me. You will meet Jeongmin tomorrow, get to know him, and then I will make arrangements with Lee Ahjussi for your marriage.”

A teardrop streamed down her cheek. Many more came, and they continued to fall, but once they reached the bottom of her chin, she wiped them away with the back of her hand and shouted back. “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND! Were you like this to mum, too? This aggressive? You didn’t give us any space to breathe at all! MAYBE THAT’S WHY SHE LEFT YOU–”

But before she could holler any more, a heavy hand had come down across her face. The impact forced her to fall back and with her right hand she cupped her left cheek, bringing her face down beneath her fringe in shame when she had realised she’d opened her father’s wound, which he had taken much time to heal. A mixture of feelings; hate, fear, sorrow, uncertainty; exploded from her and she had no idea which one to grasp onto. She was as unstable as a table with two legs, susceptible to breaking down any moment, and all she knew she could do now was one thing.

She stepped back to leave, when her father’s softened voice enriched with guilt and right hand touched her. “Jiyeon ah–”

Jiyeon didn’t want to act this way either, but she let her feelings take over involuntarily, and as a consequence she brushed the hand her father had used to slap her off, unwilling to take in any more of his selfish words.

“LEAVE ME ALONE. I HATE YOU.” And with that, she got to her feet and ran to cry in the sanction of her bedroom, locking herself there until the sun had settled far below the horizon, leaving her father in a state of awe and worry that she would have never been able to expect to witness.

 

 

 

 

a/n: just a quick sneak peek into the sort of drama you might expect heheh. how does it sound? ;) and don't worry, chappy one will be longer! subscribe and comment thanks, motivates me to write more :) Oh, and as much as I love him, Lee Jeongmin is only a cameo to move the plotline~ sorry ladies LOL ^^"

 

hyukxin ©