final

Happy Without Me

Haunted – preoccupied with emotions, memories, ideas- being obsessed with something, someone that wasn't there, didn't exist any longer. It felt like his head didn't belong to him anymore- was taken over, inhabited or frequented by a ghost.

It didn't appear randomly – it was always there, regularly. Not hearing a voice yet feeling it, not being able to look into the eyes he desired so much yet still having the constant feeling of being watched, looked after.

Creepy – a word describing uneasiness or a sensation of fear – something he was expected to feel; something that was seen as fitting but happened to be something far from reality.

 

Woohyun didn't feel creeped out – instead he felt as an invisible lingering of warmth surrounded him through the day – making sure he was safe and sound.

He felt protected.

 

Memories flashing through his brain were the source of the unsteady heartbeat hidden within his chest. Simple, plain appearing everyday things – as going out to drink hot chocolate during a cold winter day – held more meaning than any word the young man had ever uttered.

Hot chocolate – something that can be just as sweet and sudden as love. Pure sweetness – unlike a pack of sugar that seems sweet but includes nothing decent inside but only tiny crystals meant to get mixed with liquid to eventually liquidate, fade away unlike your worries you get faced with on a daily basis.

Hot chocolate had been his favorite drink.

 

Looking through his diary had turned into his most favorite thing to look forward to – every day, it was what kept the spark of life in his heart alive.

Seeing the handwritten words with his own eyes – remembering watching his lover holding the pen that was given as an anniversary gift and using motions of his right hand to fill the empty white page with art and excitement - reading the words that were unable to hide the pure content of your heart as they were literally spilling out of your hand – your body that pumped blood through your veins to keep your heart beating. Handwritten things that held so much more meaning than anything produced by technology ever could- The of blank ink shaken up by excitement, happiness, sadness painfully visible.

Lyrics – so beautifully loud when sung yet so painfully silent when read.
Woohyun's ears have become deaf – refusing to let anything enter that wasn't the soothing honey voice of his other half.

 

Being wrapped in blankets – feeling cozy yet lonely – breathing in a scent that vanished months ago burning one's lungs slowly.

Seeing the white ceiling and being unable to stop using it to project a private film onto – memories that were the most private he had ever shared with another human being; that described the beauty of life and that defined the meaning of love – that proved that emotions were real even though they were unable to get caught by one's eyes.

With him it was possible – seeing him was as seeing the emotion known as 'love'.

 

Woohyun wasn't lonely as someone else was living in his heart. He wasn't alone – he was always with him.

 

It was a cloudy day when he decided to go out and wander around. His feet brought him to a park he used to come to often, together with him.

Looking around – he only saw white as everything was covered with snow. It was like walking through fluff and he liked to think it was like walking on clouds – It was like he was doing the same he had imagined his lover to be doing.

 

More flashbacks occupied his thoughts and he remembered the times his love had sat down on the grass to pick the prettiest flowers for him.

 

The most beautiful flowers – the flowers that were meant to get picked first, died first – just like human beings.

 

A smile appeared on Woohyun's face as he decided it was time for him to turn into the prettiest flower himself – time to turn the nickname Sunggyu had given him into reality.

 

He didn't need magic to make what seemed to many impossible possible; it was more simple than that.

 

Sunggyu wasn't the only one meant to be happy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____

I told you it was short!
I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, but thank you for reading.
I'm marking this as completed but in case you want to have more of this / want to know more background information let me know and I'll see what I can do!
But yeah, thank you for reading (even tho I doubt anyone actually will).